Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Big Win 2014 Speculation Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chrism20
Loyalty Lobby has posted about an IHG/Lufthansa promotion that looks very similar to Big Win.
Up to 10k points? That doesn't sound like Big Win to me, it sounds like Teeny Weeny Win.

Furthermore, it's more of that awful "mobile booking" garbage, when they can't keep track (as the last Big Win proved) reliably of whether people book with that or not.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by panka
I find it confusing... what's with the existing members, that already use the mobile app?
I would uninstall the app, just in case.

It would make complete sense to me that, after the general mess that was Big Win 2, with different tasks not tracking properly, etc. they would go away from individualised offers and do one standard promo that was reasonably simple. 10,000 miles usually = 50,000 IHG points so I can see that being a reasonable enough promo for Autumn.

Let's see of course... But I can't really imagine this is only going to be valid for new IHG members who happen to want to collect Lufthansa M&M miles...
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
It would make complete sense to me that, after the general mess that was Big Win 2, with different tasks not tracking properly, etc. they would go away from individualised offers and do one standard promo that was reasonably simple.
It would certainly make things much easier for them or to only have a few variations available - similar to the stay x earn x where you have a different promotion depending on your stay history.

By doing that they would probably only need around six or eight different options.

For example promotion runs over three months it can be broken down into groups who average 1-3 stays a month, 3-6 and so on. But tbh that is probably all too simple and it then wouldn't be a challenge.

Looking back there were only one or two components that caused problems (my second Big Win all posted without issue, the first was more problematic), perhaps the IT Department have spent the summer months ironing out these issues and they think they are good to go.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:09 pm

Programs: IHG - Plat, Accor - Plat, Marriott - Gold, Club Carlson - Gold, BW - Diamond, Hilton - Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I would uninstall the app, just in case.

It would make complete sense to me that, after the general mess that was Big Win 2, with different tasks not tracking properly, etc. they would go away from individualised offers and do one standard promo that was reasonably simple. 10,000 miles usually = 50,000 IHG points so I can see that being a reasonable enough promo for Autumn.

Let's see of course... But I can't really imagine this is only going to be valid for new IHG members who happen to want to collect Lufthansa M&M miles...
Thanks, but I suppose once you registered to use the mobile app, an uninstall and reinstall would not make any difference. I wonder how they track this.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:10 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles (Silver), PriorityClub (Platinum), BA, AA, CO, Hilton Honor, SPG
I stayed at Atlanta Holiday Inn Express couple days ago. They gave me a The Big Win little paper. Not sure if this is old or coming. But why they give an old big win paper anyway...

Here is the link, but not working yet.

ihgrewardsclub.com/winkren
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:55 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Originally Posted by eddielam
I stayed at Atlanta Holiday Inn Express couple days ago. They gave me a The Big Win little paper. Not sure if this is old or coming. But why they give an old big win paper anyway...

Here is the link, but not working yet.

ihgrewardsclub.com/winkren
.....IMMerch-6C-US-EN-Keycard-vanity-TBWFall13..

Fall 13 sigh..

But still there is a hope!
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:10 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

This posts have been split from the discussion thread of the Big Win 2014 Thread, after it was announced.

Since the pormo is now confirmed, this thread will be closed.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.