Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Old Sep 22, 2014, 5:42 am
Suspended

Hmmm, I just wonder how many more people are going to report that they took the survey and were rewarded with the 100 points but the dashboard does not show any activity yet?

Hmmm, I just wonder how many more people are going to report that they had a stay and were awarded points from that stay but the dashboard does not show any activity yet?

I wonder why it is that IHG says in the rules of the promotion, you must wait a certain amount of time and then you would see activity on the dashboard?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Hmmm, I just wonder how many more people are going to report that they took the survey and were rewarded with the 100 points but the dashboard does not show any activity yet?

Hmmm, I just wonder how many more people are going to report that they had a stay and were awarded points from that stay but the dashboard does not show any activity yet?

I wonder why it is that IHG says in the rules of the promotion, you must wait a certain amount of time and then you would see activity on the dashboard?
I don't see that wording anywhere. There's the ubiquitous "wait 4-6 weeks till points post to your account" but that statement is usually used and never true, points always post in about a week. But no wording specific to the dashboard.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
My stay that posted early last week on my account is also not showing up on my promo page.
Somehow I think this promo is a nightmare of those poor IHG customer service agents.

In any case, for the " Download and Book on the IHG APP"

Must I actually book and complete a qualifying stay to trigger this as well
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by lsed
My stay that posted early last week on my account is also not showing up on my promo page.
Somehow I think this promo is a nightmare of those poor IHG customer service agents.

In any case, for the " Download and Book on the IHG APP"

Must I actually book and complete a qualifying stay to trigger this as well
This is one that is continually getting asked, can you copy and paste the terms that you see as the one I have definitely states that the stay must take place. As with the two Big Wins though there can be similar tasks with different names and slightly different requirements. If you copy and paste them we can take a look and hopefully get everyone an answer to this one.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:45 am
Suspended

I hope this puts these inane questions to rest.

From the Terms and Conditions of this specific promotion:

You must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in "Into the Nights" ("Promotion"). Upon Registration, members will be presented with the opportunity to receive at least two (2) Free Nights (subject to availability) , 50,000 bonus points or 25,000 miles. Members will receive either the Free Nights, bonus points or bonus miles listed for each offer ("Offer") awarded after booking on any IHG website or mobile site and completing the requirements of each Offer, which must be completed between 4 September 2014 and 31 December 2014 (both dates inclusive) ("Registration") at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVENTM or HUALUXE(TM) hotels worldwideMembers will have the ability to choose their respective award from those offered at time of completing the Promotion and must claim their reward by 60 days from the end of the campaign promotional period. The bonus points earned through individual Offers can be used for redemption opportunities toward Reward Nights, merchandise and other redemption opportunities. See individual Offers for full terms and conditions per Offer type. A Stay is defined per IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out (“Stay”). A Stay constitutes a “Qualifying Stay” when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Free Nights, bonus points or miles are not issued for Stays at the following reduced room rates (Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stay): net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, most rates booked through most third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s sole discretion. Only one room per member per Stay will be awarded the applicable Free Nights, bonus points or miles. No retroactive Free Nights, bonus points or miles will be awarded for Stays prior to Registration. This Promotion is subject to standard IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. For a complete list of IHG brand and mobile internet sites please visitwww.ihgrewardsclub.com/websites. This exclusive Promotion is valid and applies to the original recipient only. IHG reserves the right to remove a member's Free Night, bonus points or miles if fraudulent use of the Promotion is detected. IHG Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of these Terms and Conditions.
From IHG's General Terms and Conditions:

Limits on Points for Stays. Points are not issued for stays at the following reduced room rates (Non-Qualifying Room Rates; Non-Qualifying Stay): net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, most rates booked through most third-party web sites, complimentary hotel stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate. Except as expressly set out otherwise in these Terms and Conditions, IHG® Rewards Club points are not awarded for fractions of a U.S. dollar spent, or for dollars spent on tax, VAT, GST, service charges, gratuities or hotel incidentals. Charges not billed to your room, gift shop purchases, and meeting charges, other than IHG® Meeting Rewards, will not be eligible for points. You must have stayed in the room and paid for it in full to receive IHG®Rewards Club points. Only one room will be credited per member per night; however, at U.S. and Canadian hotels (except InterContinental), you can collect points or miles on all Eligible Charges for multiple hotel rooms (less than 10), provided those rooms are used in conjunction with your stay at the same hotel, and your IHG® Rewards Club member number is recorded on each reservation, or the charges from those multiple room reservations are referred to on the hotel room bill associated with your reservation. Only the member whose name is on the reservation record will be awarded points and will be awarded Qualifying Night credit toward achieving Elite-level status or other promotional goals. Only one Qualifying Night credit, per member, per night will be awarded regardless of the number of reservations booked and paid for by the member. Points and/or Qualifying Night credit are not awarded for no-shows even if the room is paid for in full. IHG® Rewards Club points or miles will not be issued if your room is paid for by a trade group, association or company as part of a convention or group business meeting (10 rooms or more). If you stay at an IHG hotel under the terms of a contract or group commitment, you will not be eligible to receive points

Now, that should put that stupid question to rest.

Now, as to the waiting time for points and/or credit to post.

Each of the offers also has specific terms and conditions associated thereto, and with each of these, there is a specific time limit for those points/credits to post. It follows that even if your points or stay credit post to your regular IHG account, that credit for same on this specific promotion's "dashboard" also should be governed by these rules, as well.

For example, some of my stays should post within as little as 2 - 3 weeks, as per the rules, whereas Saturday night stays, for whatever the reason, have time limits of as much as 4 - 6 weeks.

Go figure, especially since one (1) stay can contribute to satisfying more than one (1) offer.

Strangely, my Survey terms indicate that it could take as long as 4 - 6 weeks for those points to post; consequently, it could take as long as 4 - 6 weeks for your promotion "dashboard" credit to post.

It most certainly does not follow that just because your points and/or stay credit posted to your regular IHG account, that credit to the promotion dashboard must post immediately, or even shortly thereafter. IHG has given themselves quite a long interval for some of these offers, as I have enumerated above.

Now, all you doubting Thomases may quibble with the above, but if you do have an issue, please take it up with them.

I am simply supplying you with a careful reading of what their rules may permit them to do.

I hope this puts and end to these ridiculous interpretations that some of you seem to harbor, but somehow, I doubt it .

P.S. - I have not provided you with the specific URL links of the above pages for two (2) reasons: First, since some of these offers are specifically tailored to an individual, I did not want to run the risk as has happened occasionally to others, of providing a URL and thereby exposing my specific IHG account. Second, I think it most just that should some of you doubt what is written before you, that you undertake a simple search on your own time if you wish to test the validity of what I have written above.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Sep 22, 2014 at 12:26 pm
Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Last time, they started late in crediting stays, only counting the ones going forward. I had to request retroactive credit for qualifying stays between the start of the promo period and the date they began posting actual credit for fulfilling requirements.
The request was for last time or this time?

Has anyone had any success receiving Into the Nights promotion credit for stays that were booked before the promotion started, but didn't start/end until inside the promotion calendar?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:17 am

Continuing what NJ has posted if your book using the app has the following terms

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register their member number in advance to participate in this Offer. Bonus points or bonus miles listed above will be rewarded after required number of qualifying Stays are booked via the IHG mobile App between 4 September 2014 and 31 December 2014 ( (both dates inclusive) ("Registration") at participating InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVENTM or HUALUXETM hotels worldwide.
You will definitely have to stay as per the explanation of a qualifying stay provided above.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chrism20
Continuing what NJ has posted if your book using the app has the following terms

You will definitely have to stay as per the explanation of a qualifying stay provided above.

Hallelujah!

I'm sorry if I have been hard on you guys, but I often get piqued when lay people wish to "play" lawyer but do not first do a basic background search of the rules.

As everybody knows, most rewards club rules can be confusing and incomplete, but in my experience, at least with those chains with major North American exposure, IHG's are probably the worst that I have ever encountered -- and that seems to be the consensus of those who use IHG as a major component of their travel, unlike myself.

As you may have read, IHG's IT department seems not to rate too highly, either, thereby perfectly mirroring the general lack of clarity of their rules. However, I would be ashamed if I put out these terms and conditions after I was required to vet same prior to promulgation.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:23 am

As with any IT department, management hands them a "brilliant" idea to implement, and the customers end up being the QA team.

The previous 2 BWs were good to me, but I was only dealing with the simplest bookings and stays. The "game" stayed fun to play! Made possible some new exploring.

This one has just too many twisted requirements for me to count on getting even 5 of the 6 offers passed through without a lot of worries, headaches, extra cost, or even some wrangling on the phone (which one ought never to do!!!)

Maybe I'm lucky in that 2 of my offers were out of reasonable reach to begin with, and 2 more are uncertain of being recorded correctly without hassles. Now, I can focus on other, real travel planning. And IHG provides me with reasonable backup options in most of my usual destinations.

Perhaps this was "good" marketing on their part, trying to pull in the marginal business of additional stays, and I just fell outside the randomized distribution of challenges? Fair enough.

Good luck to those trying to play this game! I hope those "extra" stays bring you some good memories.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:51 am

Finally gained access to my promo page...

Is it possible this easy offer is for real or do I still have IT issues?

Not sure if I should be really happy or upset!

Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by YYZC2

That seems to be the same offer as my Canadian friends/relatives who are infrequent IHG guests.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by YYZC2

Quite a few appear to have this one, particularly amongst people who had issues at the start so they may possibly have put this together quickly. Four separate stays gets two free nights though is a pretty decent and straightforward offer compared to some.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Here is an interesting twist. One of my offers is to apply for the credit card, and the T&Cs say the application must be done thru the Into the Nights promo site. Of course, the follow up bonus is 60K pts if you meet the spend threshold. So today I got an email from IHG offering a bonus of 80K.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by zebtron
The request was for last time or this time?

Has anyone had any success receiving Into the Nights promotion credit for stays that were booked before the promotion started, but didn't start/end until inside the promotion calendar?
I was referring to the last Big Win promotion. I ended up sending them a message "I think the following stays should qualify, but were not credited ..." after the 4/6/8 (whatever!) weeks the T&C's said to wait after the stay itself. They gave me credit for a couple of them, and I got my full promotion points. I mention this because no one was getting promotion credit for those first few weeks either, and then we did get credit, but only going forward - they did NOT go back to do a sweep starting with the actual promotion start date.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 5:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
For the "Change Your View" Stay at 2 Holiday Inn(s) requirement, do the Express hotels count? Also, I assume this is being anal, but hopefully it doesn't also require two types of Holiday Inn(s)..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.