Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2014, 2:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Shimon
I can't login :/
Try the link in post #31 above. That one seems to work.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 2:59 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
anybody else get the "unlock bonus offers" interesting to see how that pans out? maybe its an extra for those who feel their offer could be completed easily
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:04 am

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
Short Summary:

- Stay 9 nights
- Stay 4 brands
- Take survey
- Stay 4 Saturdays
- Spend $39 on F&B
- Stay 3 days in resorts
- Stay 3 intl location

Requirement: Complete 7 of 7
Offer Points: 53.5k
Bonus Yield: 54k points or 3 nights.

Last edited by LuisHK; Sep 4, 2014 at 3:14 am
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:06 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
5 from 5 for 42,000 points or 2 free nights

1) 8,800 points for 6 nights
2) 17,600 points for 3 brands
3) 100 points for survey
4) 7,200 points for stays at 2 different Crowne Plazas
5) 8,000 points for 2 weekend stays (each with 2 night minimum including Saturday night)

On my current schedule this will be difficult (especially #2 and #5).
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by mitpat474
whats the rewards?
Who cares? I'm never going to see it. It says complete 6 of 7 for 31k bonus points. So not a huge amount. It would be over 100K if I did it all.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by RAPC
Try the link in post #31 above. That one seems to work.
Nup. Still getting: We are sorry, but there was an error. Please try again later.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Who cares? I'm never going to see it. It says complete 6 of 7 for 31k bonus points. So not a huge amount. It would be over 100K if I did it all.
Just for stats.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:20 am

Nup. Still getting: We are sorry, but there was an error. Please try again later.
reset cookies etc
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by beachmouse
So I went ahead and registered for the Small to Mid-Sized Win...
You had different options? I just got the one screen when I logged in with no registration button just the following list.

18,000 or 2 nights for 6 out of 7

10,400 for 10 IHG nights
12,800 for 4 brands
100 for survey
8,000 for 2 Saturdays
8,000 for 2 IHG App bookings
2,400 for 3 HI stays
4,800 for 2 weekends
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:34 am

I have the same prob for my mum's and dad's account too...Not sure whether it will resolve itself or not...
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:38 am

Programs: IHG Spire RA
Lightbulb

I wish if the posters could include quick overview of their activities this year.

Points earned: 1.6 m
Elite points: 43k of 60
Qualifying nights: 69 of 50
Brands: 3

I still think it's based on: +activity = tougher tasks
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:39 am

reset cookies etc
Still didn't work.... I think one of us with the problem are going to need to call in.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Voucher
I wish if the posters could include quick overview of their activities this year.

Points earned: 1.6 m
Elite points: 43k of 60
Qualifying nights: 69 of 50
Brands: 3

I still think it's based on: +activity = tougher tasks
Of course it's based on activity. Same as the last Big Win and the one before that, etc. I had a huge amount travel for the previous period and actually reached all the lofty goals. But I doubt it will happen again this quarter. So I'm less inclined to give what stays I have to IHG, although I will still stay at IC's because the RA program is so good.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:44 am

Programs: IHG Spire RA
Arrow

anybody else get the "unlock bonus offers" interesting to see how that pans out? maybe its an extra for those who feel their offer could be completed easily
I got that, but I think they consider each task as a Lock. similar to old offer (can't recall the name).
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
Anyone knows or has experience if reservations made through anaihghotels.co.jp for IHG Hotels in Japan are Qualifying nights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.