Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
Yes, same here.
I got one offer when I signed in, then a completely different offer via email, and now signing in gives another offer (requiring more nights than either of the previous two).

They have run similar promos at least 3 times before, you would think they would be able to do it vaguely efficiently by now.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA, UA
Originally Posted by austin_res
My offers:
1) "Stay twice and get a free night or 25,000 points or 10,000 miles (1,250 AIR MILES or 160 Airpoints). Must book direct. "
2) "Stay twice again and get a 2nd free night or 25000 bonus points or 10,000 miles. Must book direct. "
My offers changed as well:
1) Stay twice and get a free night or 25,000 points. Must book direct.
2) Stay at any 3 brands get a 2nd free night or 25,000 bonus points or 10,000 miles. Must book direct.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Mine has not changed at all.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
having problems with the app issue...

i dont have a web downloadable phone(living in the darkages!) is there any way round this?
also,does it have to be downloaded to a us registered mobile phone?

thanks...

ps in the terms it says you have to book on the app-doesnt actually say about staying..
can you book and cancel?

Last edited by bryanwallace; Sep 10, 2014 at 5:39 pm
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:37 pm

Well, this has to be a good deal : stay 7 nights 6/6 offers. Nothing fancy to do,and get 89,800 miles Total.
just have to figure out the App. thing.

Right now my acct. is set at air canada, I wonder what would happen if I changed to another airline?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by austin_res
My offers:
1) "Stay twice and get a free night or 25,000 points or 10,000 miles (1,250 AIR MILES or 160 Airpoints). Must book direct. "
2) "Stay twice again and get a 2nd free night or 25000 bonus points or 10,000 miles. Must book direct. "
That's exactly what's showing up in my account right now. There are a couple of cheaper options localy and I could complete this for ~$240 USD but I'm not sure it's even worth bothering.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
having problems with the app issue...

i dont have a web downloadable phone(living in the darkages!) is there any way round this?
also,does it have to be downloaded to a us registered mobile phone?

thanks...

ps in the terms it says you have to book on the app-doesnt actually say about staying..
can you book and cancel?

Yes, you will be required to actually check-in!
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:51 pm

My offer's pretty good and I'm going to do it. If anything I'm booking a night at the Even hotel near me using the IHG website directly, with the points+breakfast add on, on a Saturday, and will pay using my IHG card. Should earn ~42K points for under $140. May or may not try to do complete this...I'd like to know how long the free nights last and if they are usable anywhere...got a stay at the IC Bora Bora next year that I'd try and change my award night to a free night cert.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
Mine changed again for 3rd time

mine has changed 3 times and this is the one that is now showing and I hope it stays put

17,400 points or 2 Free Night(s)

Complete 5 of 6 offers and earn 17,400 bonus points or 2 free nights

Offer Name

Progress
Stay more 10'000
Stay 9 night(s) at any of IHG’s 4,700 hotels worldwide Terms
book now

100 take our survey
Take our survey. We want to hear what you think. Terms
COMING SOON

Weekender

Stay 2 Saturdays at any of our IHG hotel brands Terms
book now 4800

Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card

Book and pay for 1 stay(s) with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn 1,500 points Terms
book now

Stay Smart
Stay at 3 Holiday Inn Express® hotel(s) Terms 5600pts
book now

Download and book on the IHG App
Download and sign in to the IHG App and book a stay. The IHG App allows you to get mobile-exclusive rates, access your virtual membership card and more. Terms 10,600
DOWNLOAD NOW
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:38 pm
Original Member

Location: UA UGS 1K; US Chairman: AA Platinum: Marriott Platinum Premier; *wood Gold
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
OK guys and gals, this is perhaps going to throw a monkey wrench into your plans.

I have been monitoring this thread concerning among other things, the offers people have gotten and I just want to advise you that my offer appear to have changed!!!!

I have been inputting my IHG number and PIN every so often into the sign up page as my wife and I each have an account, and I know from past experience with respect to other chains where we have dual accounts, that sometimes when I sign out of mine and sign into hers, the prior account's activity page seems to persist for awhile.

So, I have been casually signing in and out of the sign up to see that my offer actually persists and was not a "bleed through" of my wife's or vice-versa.

Now, when this went live, I had an offer that was different from the one I later saw and which I received an e-mail confirmation from in real time -- i.e. the first time I signed up I did not get an e-mail confirm. Later when they seemed to have fixed that problem my offer changed.

Now, when others are reporting that they are finally able to see their respective offer, I signed in again and lo and behold, my offer changed yet again -- I think back to the original one that I saw but did not get an e-mail confirmation from initially.

In any event, I encourage you to sign in again to see if what you believe is your offer actually persists.

I think that I am going to write to IHG and ask them point blank what my offer's parameters actually are. You may wish to do the same.
My offer changed today as well. Neither the previous offer on the webpage or the current offer match the original email I received from IHG. My emails to IHG to clarify which was accurate resulted in an email that assured me that the webpage offer (that just changed) was correct. This is starting to feel like the technology issues that were a trademark of the Big Spin

Last edited by FFLASV; Sep 10, 2014 at 11:38 pm Reason: Typo
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:56 am

Programs: IC RA
My wife got her offer as below:

27,200 points or 2 Free Night(s) Complete 5 of 6 offers and earn 27,200 bonus points or 2 free nights

8,400 Stay more
Stay 5 night(s) at any of IHG’s 4,700 hotels worldwide Terms

1,900 Book with IHG
Book 2 stays directly on the ihg.com web/mobile sites or IHG App Terms

4,800 Weekender

2,000 Bonus Point Package Reward
Book 1 stays using the Bonus Points Package with breakfast rate to earn more points faster.

4,200 Download and book on the IHG App
Download and sign in to the IHG App and book a stay.

1,500 Spend more on your IHG® Rewards Club Visa®
Book and pay for 1 stay(s) with your IHG® Rewards Club Visa® and earn 1,500 bonus points.

I am right in thinking that this 'challenge' can be completed with 2 single night stays

Night 1: booked via the IHG App for £39 (HI Runcorn UK) using her IHG Visa card to pay for it on a Saturday night

Night 2: a 1000 point breakfast rate booked via IHG App for £69 on a Saturday night (HI Haydock UK)

Therefore 5 out of 6 offers completed with an outlay of £108

Is this correct?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by torcross
My wife got her offer as below:

27,200 points or 2 Free Night(s) Complete 5 of 6 offers and earn 27,200 bonus points or 2 free nights

8,400 Stay more
Stay 5 night(s) at any of IHG’s 4,700 hotels worldwide Terms

1,900 Book with IHG
Book 2 stays directly on the ihg.com web/mobile sites or IHG App Terms

4,800 Weekender

2,000 Bonus Point Package Reward
Book 1 stays using the Bonus Points Package with breakfast rate to earn more points faster.

4,200 Download and book on the IHG App
Download and sign in to the IHG App and book a stay.

1,500 Spend more on your IHG® Rewards Club Visa®
Book and pay for 1 stay(s) with your IHG® Rewards Club Visa® and earn 1,500 bonus points.

I am right in thinking that this 'challenge' can be completed with 2 single night stays

Night 1: booked via the IHG App for £39 (HI Runcorn UK) using her IHG Visa card to pay for it on a Saturday night

Night 2: a 1000 point breakfast rate booked via IHG App for £69 on a Saturday night (HI Haydock UK)

Therefore 5 out of 6 offers completed with an outlay of £108

Is this correct?
Yeah that looks pretty much spot on to me, that's a good find.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 2:43 am

Free night clarification

I see LL has managed to get clarification on the free nights. Looks like it will be similar to the China Dream promo and the free nights will be used in a list of hotels as determined by IHG rather than just open award availability.

There doesn't seem to be a list of the hotels anywhere yet, we may have to wait a bit for that.

LL free night update
Old Sep 11, 2014, 4:08 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec; AA Platinum; SPG Gold; PC Platinum Ambassador
Usual IHG IT cock-up

So I went to book a stay for later this month, and wanted to use the app, because that's one of my Into the Nights goals. But the app does not show the same rates as the website, in particular it is missing the IHG Rewards Club Member Exclusive with Breakfast promotional rate.

So I book a higher rate on the app, thinking that customer service can later change the booking to the Member rate- but now they say they cannot touch that reservation (note to others who want to do this- book a fully refundable rate, rather than the one that most closely matches the one you want).

Pretty stupid to have a game that requires you to use the app, when it's really not ready for use!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 4:09 am

I'm sure this an obvious one but guessing you cannot use BOGO's weekend certs and be included in the offer nights count?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.