Holiday Inn Glasgow Theatreland [Master Thread]

Old Mar 8, 2017, 2:44 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Just done two nights here to satisfy an accelerate challenge and a Quidco offer (currently 15% cashback).
Pleasantly surprised, my exec king was upgraded to a penthouse suite, a 5th floor room with skylights, accessed via a staircase from 4th floor.
Dined in the Bon Auberge both nights and on first night was given a loyalty card which gives a 10% discount!
Also on the IHG app was an offer for 1000 points for dining in the restaurant.
Food was very nice on both nights.
Breakfast also in the Bon Auberge is 10 when booked in advance.

They now have a deal with the car park over the road which slightly reduces the cost, charged 9.60 for a 17:00 arrival and 10:00 departure.

I imagine that the profusion of offers is probably related to the nearby Doubletree's arrival on the scene, but with a 3 night run in Glasgow I'm happy to mix it up a bit!
Old Mar 8, 2017, 6:07 pm

The DT is good but I have to be honest I have a soft spot for here. It's not five star but it's uber consistent. Kudos to Livia and the team they do a great job.

La Bonne Auberge is brilliant, if you haven't tried it yet I thoroughly recommend the duck, it's the best I have ever tasted.

Also if you are there again ask if the owner Maurice Taylor is on the property. He pops in regularly even though Interstate manage the place. The man is an absolute legend when it comes to hospitality. I won a competition in the local paper years ago and met him then and have spoke to him a few times since. He lives and breathes service and quality. Always happy to listen to your thoughts on the hotel and the service plus he has always asked the question "How can we make it better?"
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:12 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Had a slightly odd check-in here where the front desk said "I believe you are a Level 4 member so you can have points or a drink voucher".
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Was in last night and managed to bag an upgrade to a suite as a spire elite, was asked whether I wanted points or drink, but no mention of level 4 or similar.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by :D!
Had a slightly odd check-in here where the front desk said "I believe you are a Level 4 member so you can have points or a drink voucher".
I believe that your status level shows up as a number on their system rather than club/gold/platinum/spire and they have probably just read it straight off the screen.

Originally Posted by adobbing
Was in last night and managed to bag an upgrade to a suite as a spire elite, was asked whether I wanted points or drink, but no mention of level 4 or similar.
Ah the level the lifts don't go to. The Monet is my favourite bedroom but I prefer the lounge in the Degas.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chrism20
I believe that your status level shows up as a number on their system rather than club/gold/platinum/spire and they have probably just read it straight off the screen.

Ah the level the lifts don't go to. The Monet is my favourite bedroom but I prefer the lounge in the Degas.
Bathroom in Monet is a bit compact, last night was Degas with the jacuzzi bath and separate small shower.

Nice rooms and because of the height relatively isolated from road noise!

How was the Sheffield Victoria?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:22 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Looking to stay here in August.. how do Golds gets treated? A slap across the face?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by izzik
Looking to stay here in August.. how do Golds gets treated? A slap across the face?
Upgrades for all elites subject to availability, but it's not the biggest hotel so availability can be limited. Other than that the normal welcome amenity options.

I'd recommend it for staying in Glasgow though, I tend to find the staff, service & rooms a touch above normal Holiday Inn standard - they're a bit more individual. The staff are lovely, it's a proper Glasgow welcome
izzik likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by izzik
I stayed there last week when I attended a George Benson concert over the road in the Royal Concert Hall and was upgraded, as I have been every time I've stayed there and I've stayed there many times.

Great hotel, with an atmospheric bar and fabulous restaurant
Old Jul 24, 2020, 12:41 pm

Just checked in after seeing the good reviews here...

No upgrade offered despite Spire elite status. Was told rooms were closed due to the current situation, but I could see all room types open for booking in the app. When presented with this info the front desk was speechless.

I understand it's hard times but I don't understand why it means no elite recognition (no drinks voucher either, just points). The standard room was quite small, so I wanted to cancel the reservation but was told it's not possible because "you've stayed in the room for many hours already". Just tell me it's a non-refundable reservation and I'd accept it, but I checked in less than one hour ago!
Old Aug 31, 2022, 4:51 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Any recent stays? This seems to be the best location for a September stay.

I am diamond now so should get free breakfast, will they upgrade? When does breakfast start as I need to get the 0815 or earlier train to Edinburgh
Old Aug 31, 2022, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by :D!
Any recent stays? This seems to be the best location for a September stay.

I am diamond now so should get free breakfast, will they upgrade? When does breakfast start as I need to get the 0815 or earlier train to Edinburgh
Stayed two weeks ago on points as it was 20k or 180 cash.

Was upgraded to a premium room which was previously the exec rooms.

Im fairly sure breakfast is a 7am start. No issues with the diamond breakfast.
:D! likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 11:54 am

HI. Looking to book this hotel in May 2023. Reward nights have only been available thru April 2023 for some time now. Does anyone know when May 2023 will open up? Thanks!
Old Sep 23, 2022, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Chuckles
HI. Looking to book this hotel in May 2023. Reward nights have only been available thru April 2023 for some time now. Does anyone know when May 2023 will open up? Thanks!
Eurovision is in May and Glasgow is on the shortlist to host it so it wouldnt surprise me if release has been held back for the announcement on that.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 7:34 pm

Thanks. Good to know.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.