FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Promotion Discussion Thread 2014 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1535370-promotion-discussion-thread-2014-a.html)

FLYGVA Dec 28, 2013 4:48 am

Promotion Discussion Thread 2014

This is the thread for all discussions related from the Master Promo Thread, which could be found here and includes now a Wiki with the promotion and bonus point codes.

If you have any question to the promotions, post it here and I am sure, you will get an answer.

It is possible that quoted posts are not in this thread, but in the promo (or another thread). The reason is simple, the posts have been moved from the master promo thread to this thread. They can of course be accessed by clicking on the small arrow next the nick of the poster of the quoted part.

Thank you

szg & FLYGVA
moderators IHG Forum

flyingnomadic Dec 28, 2013 4:10 pm

Thank you for starting this thread. I tried to add some of the above offer codes to my account yesterday and noticed that they did not appear on the "My Offer Status" page - only the Big Win is displaying - although I did receive the usual email. I'm hoping it's because they are "EOY cleaning" and not because they've removed this outlet.

foxberg Dec 28, 2013 4:21 pm

Just out of curiosity, was anyone able to sign up with the same promo number in two different years? Is it possible to sign up with say 1111 in 2013 and then with the same in 2014?

WORLDWIDE TRAVELER Dec 29, 2013 5:05 am

I just tried ALL of the promo codes with an new Account and all are invalid just 15 codes are ok but only 2 of them are viewable in my offer status page.

Hannibal Lecter Dec 29, 2013 8:52 am

Originally Posted by WORLDWIDE TRAVELER (Post 22044169)
I just tried ALL of the promo codes with an new Account and all are invalid just 15 codes are ok but only 2 of them are viewable in my offer status page.

Around the turn of the year they killed (nearly?) all of the 2012 codes, read post #10 and onwards http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ad-2013-a.html

foxberg Jan 2, 2014 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter (Post 22039804)
"My Promotions" is now only showing Book Direct, Big Win and Ambassador Accellerator. Everything else is gone, even those supposed to be valid for another x number of Days.
This has happened Before, so who knows what it means...

FYI, I had Book Direct 2013 (I believe it was 2619) showing in My Offers. When I never received any of the 4 available bonuses I emailed IHG and I was told the following:

"With regards to the "Book Direct 2013" promotion, it was targeted to our members living in Asia, Middle East, and Africa. So this promotion is not valid for your account."

foxberg Jan 2, 2014 10:13 am

Just registered for:

"You have successfully completed registration for 2,000 BONUS POINTS FOR 60 DAYS."

"You have successfully completed registration for NEW MEMBER BONUS."

I have a stay on Jan 5-11. I'll update on whether these bonuses would post or not after I get the points.

FlyingChris47 Jan 2, 2014 10:15 am

Originally Posted by foxberg (Post 22067183)
FYI, I had Book Direct 2013 (I believe it was 2619) showing in My Offers. When I never received any of the 4 available bonuses I emailed IHG and I was told the following:

"With regards to the "Book Direct 2013" promotion, it was targeted to our members living in Asia, Middle East, and Africa. So this promotion is not valid for your account."

But the offer (admittedly 4994) is still listed on the page linked below. The T&Cs mention nothing to do with Asia, Middle East and Africa, in fact the URL is part of the GB/EN site.

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/gb/en/glob...ber/bookdirect

Might be worth taking a PDF of that website. Though perhaps the 2619/4994 are different targeted regions, not that the T&C's seem to care.

foxberg Jan 2, 2014 10:22 am

Originally Posted by FlyingChris47 (Post 22068272)
But the offer (admittedly 4994) is still listed on the page linked below. The T&Cs mention nothing to do with Asia, Middle East and Africa, in fact the URL is part of the GB/EN site.

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/gb/en/glob...ber/bookdirect

Might be worth taking a PDF of that website. Though perhaps the 2619/4994 are different targeted regions, not that the T&C's seem to care.

Thanks! I'll email IHG again. I'll let you know on the answer.

FlyingChris47 Jan 2, 2014 10:57 am

Originally Posted by foxberg (Post 22068347)
Thanks! I'll email IHG again. I'll let you know on the answer.

Cheers! I'm interested in the response too as, presumably like everyone else, haven't had any points credited for this promo yet either. Assuming, if eligible, they could all be picked up in a sweep in the coming weeks.

Brendan Jan 2, 2014 11:48 am

Oh-so-thank-U, Foxberg & FC47 for following up on this. I too registered for Book Direct & got a big fat goose-egg!

foxberg Jan 2, 2014 12:10 pm

"You have successfully completed registration for WELCOME BACK BONUS."

foxberg Jan 2, 2014 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan (Post 22069072)
Oh-so-thank-U, Foxberg & FC47 for following up on this. I too registered for Book Direct & got a big fat goose-egg!

OK, so here's the response from the IHG:

"Thank you for your message to IHGCare. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Upon review of the link provided, you are correct that the region is not specified in the Terms & Conditions. The Terms & Conditions do state, "This exclusive offer is valid for original recipient only and cannot be combined with other promotions". In order to assist you further we will need you to forward the original email you received with the link.

Once again, thank you for contacting our office. We look forward to receiving your information and being of further assistance."

Do they expect me to have an email saved from the March 2013? If the offer was indeed targeted and it was present in "My Offers" shouldn't it mean that I was eligible for it?

whiskerxx Jan 2, 2014 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by foxberg (Post 22069250)

"You have successfully completed registration for WELCOME BACK BONUS."

Thanks, all three codes worked for me

foxberg Jan 2, 2014 1:32 pm

"You have successfully completed registration for 5000 POINT PLATINUM BONUS."

"You have successfully completed registration for 1000 POINT GOLD BONUS."