Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

InterContinental Davos, Switzerland - Master Thread (leaving IC on May 31, 2021)

InterContinental Davos, Switzerland - Master Thread (leaving IC on May 31, 2021)

Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by Marco159
i will be there this weekend as well - do you have club access?
Hey! I wonder if I saw you there
Old Jul 29, 2015, 8:59 am

Does this hotel shut down during October and November?

The whole of October and all of November except 4 days is blanked out even for paid stays!

Do they shut down, I can't believe they are fully booked, if you look at December onwards any date is available.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Hey! I wonder if I saw you there
no, because i cancelled my booking - we are going this weekend .. (saturday public holiday in swiss = Bundesfeiertag)

Originally Posted by Tilly123
Does this hotel shut down during October and November?
yes, end of September they shut down....
Old Dec 29, 2015, 5:06 pm

How is the lounge at IC Davos? Also food included in evening?
Old Dec 30, 2015, 2:06 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I was there in early Jan 2015 and found the "lounge offering" sorely lacking. A few 3-5 small nibbles / items with scarce staff around to replenish even cups and glasses let alone the bits of food. I got it for free as part of an upgrade, but would not pay for it. YMMV
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by daruda
How is the lounge at IC Davos? Also food included in evening?
Unfortunately they closed the lounge and will not open it again...

Stayed there at the end of this summer and was told they want to establish something with a lot of "Lifestyle" in the Lounge rooms. They would or could not tell us what it will be...

They offered breakfast in the restaurant, a piece of cake and drinks in the bar in the afternoon. For the evening they reserved a very small room at the end of their Studio Grigio restaurant. Only three small tables and place for about 8 (!) people.
A few standard drinks (soft drinks, beer and wine plus Prosecco) and about 10 pieces of small appetizers. They were not refilled for hours and on Saturday no one was attending / serving the lounge. Waited over an hour for a beer and had to ask twice before it finally arrived. Service got better the next evening - the food not. Got some kind of food poisoning (probably as the appetizers had some kind of half raw duck breast on it that had not been chilled) and started vomiting in the night...

Booking Club or paying extra for the "lounge" is definitely not worth it - unless you travel with kids which at least is great for the free drinks (which are very, very expensive in the hotel).
Old Dec 30, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
the lounge is open since 23 of december. we stayed at this property for 3 nights, the lounge is okay but not a big deal. i would prefer to eat at the italian restaurant, much better and cheap for switzerland. ^
Old Dec 30, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Marco159
the lounge is open since 23 of december. we stayed at this property for 3 nights, the lounge is okay but not a big deal. i would prefer to eat at the italian restaurant, much better and cheap for switzerland. ^
That is really interesting, as they told us in summer that they have closed it and would also not reopen it for the winter season... Maybe they had other people complaining, too?
How about the offerings?
And since when do they have an Italian restaurant?
Old Dec 31, 2015, 7:07 am

Got a reply from the hotel:

Concerning the lounge, the lounge will be opened between 11-21 h daily. Between 14-16 h we will host a tea time with cake and in the evening an aper with basic spirits, beer, wine of the house and soft drinks. It is self-service though.
but this means that no breakfast is included??
Old Jan 1, 2016, 2:55 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Ask, as long as you can take the breakfast in the restaurant you are fine. Much better then what I saw in the lounge about a year back. Seems they skip lounge breakfast as the effort is not worth it and can't replicate the restaurant.

Given the usually prominent Russian tourists are struggling with a weak Ruble and the Swiss Franc appreciated a lot, the place may not be that crowded (outside of the World Economic Forum) and you can actually get a seat and have breakfast in a peaceful atmosphere without people carrying on their conversations between tables half across the restaurant. Food offering was pretty good.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
As a RA is it worth buying a club room here?

The rate difference over a regular room isn't that great and the room categories above club look relatively expensive and thus good value as an upgrade
Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:50 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
As a RA is it worth buying a club room here?

The rate difference over a regular room isn't that great and the room categories above club look relatively expensive and thus good value as an upgrade
As an RA you will most likely be upgraded to the Executive Suite with Club Access.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
As an RA you will most likely be upgraded to the Executive Suite with Club Access.
The normal upgrade seems to be to a junior suite which is only 1 cat above the club room but the normal base for upgrades is the cheapest room. So I am more interested in getting an upgrade to a proper suite than paying the cheapest possible rate.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:37 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
The normal upgrade seems to be to a junior suite which is only 1 cat above the club room but the normal base for upgrades is the cheapest room. So I am more interested in getting an upgrade to a proper suite than paying the cheapest possible rate.
they will grant RA's at least a two level upgrade. I had over NYE booked a Club and received the Alpine Suite. In all my stays except one, I received when booking the entry level room the Alpine King (aka junior suite) including club privileges. During this exception I have to say that the hotel was fully booked as well.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Do all guests/ RAs get free ski passes here
I came across this site that lists the IC giving out free lift passes - http://www.davos.ch/en/winter/activi...pass-for-free/

Also is booking on points here limit the benefits over a revenue booking? I noticed on award bookings you can get the Deluxe room (1 cat above superior)

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.