Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG.com new Rooms & Rates view (September 2013)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Some, not all.
IHG.com new Rooms & Rates view (September 2013)

Appears to have been live since yesterday, but maybe as a limited test since there are no other posts about it.

Main differences are:

Reward and cash are shown in the same view
"Only x rooms left!" warning shown on room types
Rate view shows bullet point list of terms ^
Room view no longer shows the room description

The last point is particularly poor as the room descriptions give little indication as to their differences.

REGULIERE INTIME TGLIT INTIMATE KG STND 2 person(s) per room maximum 2
From 45,000 points
OR ‎ $ 190.61 CAD
View Rates View Rates
TRS GRAND LIT IRRESISTIBLEKING DLX 2 person(s) per room maximum 2
From 45,000 points
OR ‎ $ 199.73 CAD
View Rates View Rates
2 DOUBLES 2 DBLE DELUXE IRRESISTIBLE 4 person(s) per room maximum 4
From 45,000 points
OR ‎ $ 199.73 CAD
View Rates View Rates
REGULIERE INTIME STANDARD INTIMATE 2 person(s) per room maximum 2
From 45,000 points
OR ‎ $ 199.73 CAD
View Rates View Rates
VUE DLX TGLIT KG DLX VIEW IRRESISTIBLE 2 person(s) per room maximum 2 From ‎ $ 204.29 CAD
View Rates View Rates
INSPIRANTE COIN TGLIT KG CRNR INSPIRING 3 person(s) per room maximum 3 From ‎ $ 217.97 CAD
View Rates View Rates
VUE 2 DBLES 2 DBLE VIEW DLX IRRESISTIBLE 4 person(s) per room maximum 4 From ‎ $ 217.97 CAD
View Rates View Rates
TRES GRAND LIT CLUB INTERCONTINENTALKING 2 person(s) per room maximum 2 From ‎ $ 227.09 CAD
View Rates View Rates
INSPIRE VUE COIN TGLIT KG CORNER VIEW 3 person(s) per room maximum 3 From ‎ $ 227.09 CAD
View Rates View Rates
DE LUXE DELUXE IRRESISTIBLE 2 person(s) per room maximum 2
From 45,000 points
OR ‎ $ 227.09 CAD
View Rates View Rates
TGLITCOIN KGCORNER CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL 3 person(s) per room maximum 3 From ‎ $ 245.33 CAD
View Rates View Rates
SUITE 1 CHAMBRE 1 BDROOM ICONIC TOURELLE 4 person(s) per room maximum 4 From ‎ $ 281.81 CAD
View Rates View Rates
ILLUSTRE TGLIT KG ILLUSTRIOUS EXEC SUITE
Only 5 rooms left!
4 person(s) per room maximum 4
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
I find it rather confusing that reward nights and paid rates are now combined in the same view. I must now open each and every room type to find out whether an award night is available for this particular room type. It was much easier when there were two tabs. You just clicked on the tab "reward stay" and you would instantly see which rooms are available as reward.

- Edit - I must correct myself. For each room type which can be booked on points it does show "from xx,xxx points" on the list page. So no need to drill down to the rates -

Also it is VERY annoying that the room descriptions have disappeared. I presume that this must be a glitch. Before I book a room I want to know what is the size, what amenities are available etc. Now this information is not available anymore at all!!

Last edited by DuMaInSin; Sep 9, 2013 at 10:03 pm
Old Sep 9, 2013, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Is it just me or did the IHG website change today? It has an all new interface when you get to the room booking stage. Seems nice.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 3:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Has anyone worked out a way to get the room descriptions out?
Old Sep 12, 2013, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by essexadventurer
Has anyone worked out a way to get the room descriptions out?
Click on the room type (e.g. "Standard Room"), and a room description appears.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by wsflyer
Nope, when I click on the room type it opens up a list of rates available for that room type. Just like when I click on "view rates" or the arrow next to it. No room description whatsoever.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 1:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
Nope, when I click on the room type it opens up a list of rates available for that room type. Just like when I click on "view rates" or the arrow next to it. No room description whatsoever.
Same here! Even from my reservation confirmation there seems no way to see the room details on the main site, only by going through the mobile one!
Old Sep 13, 2013, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by wsflyer
It worked last night, but not today. I guess they are still working out the bugs.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 8:59 am

They seem to have fixed it now. Clicking anywhere in the box for the specific room type opens a drop down screen which has the room description on top, followed by the available rates. ^

The side effect however is that if you try to change an existing reservation, click on "Change Room" and then "View Description" on any of the available rates, it shows the rate type description again - well half of it, the bottom part of the characters is hidden and there is no way to scroll.

Apparently they have not overhauled this part of the website yet and neither have they tested the effects of the redesign of the reservations screen on this section.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.