Wiki Posts
Search

combine points

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2013, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

combine points

Guys

I have to make a reservation for 3 nights (50k pts each night)

However, I have 80k pts in my account while my wife has another 80k. Is it possible to combine points to make this reservation or do they allow inter-spousal transfer of points?

Also, how long till Chase usually provides the free anniversary night? Is it right on the anniversary date?

Thx
Old Aug 15, 2013, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by totlaboy
Guys

However, I have 80k pts in my account while my wife has another 80k. Is it possible to combine points to make this reservation or do they allow inter-spousal transfer of points?

Also, how long till Chase usually provides the free anniversary night? Is it right on the anniversary date?

Thx
Points can be transferred, but the fee is nearly the same as buying them. If I were you, I'd use the points & cash option, so 80k would be enough for 3 nights.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 3:34 am

Maybe book one night on each account and use points and cash for the third night (with a few points left over) ?
Old Aug 15, 2013, 5:26 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Guys

Thx
Best way to go is one of you book 2x nights at 40K + $70 each night and the other of you 1x night at 50K.
Result cost=$140 + 130K points, 30K points balance left

Slightly cheaper is one to transfer 20K to the other at cost of $100. now you can book 2x 50K rooms by one and 1x 50K room the other.
Result cost=$100 + 150K points, 10K points balance left

Issue is that xfer of points is (to my knowlege) not immediate so if you are unlucky, by time points arrive, award night may be sold out.

Either way impossible to do cost free, so much better to spend $40 extra and keep extra 20K points in your balance.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 8:55 am

Thx

My wife got hers about a month after paying the annual fee. She was hoping to get it before the annual fee was up so she could cancel the card... but I reminded her that $49 for a night stay at a IC is cheap (we stayed at Bertchesgaden (sp?))

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.