FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Ambassador and free weekend night voucher (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1389516-ambassador-free-weekend-night-voucher.html)

Lucifa42 Sep 20, 12 5:29 am

Ambassador and free weekend night voucher
 
I just want to check something as I'm new to all this.

I'm not currently an ICH ambassador but I plan to be staying at the Amstel in Amsterdam next February for Friday/Saturday night.

Now as I understand it, if I buy ambassador status for 200 dollars I will get a voucher for a free weekend night which I can then use for my stay as it will be cheaper than paying for 2 nights.

One thing the official page says is:
"Ambassadors need to book on the Ambassador Weekend Rate ("AMB Certificate") in order to claim their free weekend night"

However, the sticky master thread says you can book on any rate, which one is correct? Anything else I need to take in to consideration?

Thanks in advance.

E14 26C Sep 20, 12 5:37 am


Originally Posted by Lucifa42 (Post 19349716)
I just want to check something as I'm new to all this.

I'm not currently an ICH ambassador but I plan to be staying the Amstel in Amsterdam next February for Friday/Saturday night.

Now as I understand it if I buy ambassador status for 200 dollars I will get a voucher for a free weekend night, which I can then use for my stay as it will be cheaper than paying for 2 nights.

One thing the official page says is:
"Ambassadors need to book on the Ambassador Weekend Rate ("AMB Certificate") in order to claim their free weekend night"

However, the sticky master thread says you can book on any rate, which one is correct? Anything else I need to take in to consideration?

Thanks in advance.

You now need to book the AMB weekend rate via

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/ihg/hot...eference=IBAMB

I think you are Europe based so allow 4 to 6 weeks for your Ambassador kit with the BOGOF to arrive

FLYGVA Sep 20, 12 5:51 am


Originally Posted by Lucifa42 (Post 19349716)

One thing the official page says is:
"Ambassadors need to book on the Ambassador Weekend Rate ("AMB Certificate") in order to claim their free weekend night"

However, the sticky master thread says you can book on any rate, which one is correct? Anything else I need to take in to consideration?

Thanks in advance.

You caught me; I overlooked this question as I updated the thread. I have not changed to wording, that you have to book using the link: http://www.intercontinental.com/ambweekend

Unfortunately, this link does not alaways work properly (and it is not working for me) depending on your location (read IP adress).

adampenrith Sep 20, 12 6:20 am

Ambassador and free weekend night voucher
 
The actual BOGO certificate has the links as AA

Must be booked at the AMB weekend rate.

TheBeerHunter Sep 20, 12 8:12 am


Originally Posted by FLYGVA (Post 19349815)
You caught me; I overlooked this question as I updated the thread. I have not changed to wording, that you have to book using the link: http://www.intercontinental.com/ambweekend

Unfortunately, this link does not alaways work properly (and it is not working for me) depending on your location (read IP adress).

This link is reliable (when the website is up, at least :rolleyes:)

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...ferences=IBAMB

chistery Sep 22, 12 5:39 am

If you bought it now, you should be able to book the AMB rate once your account gets upgraded, then just wait for the voucher to arrive.

If you want to confirm if the rate is available for the weekend in question, I'm sure if you post the dates someone will check.

luvstx Sep 28, 12 4:14 pm

I just found this thread and hope you don't mind if I jump in and ask a related question.

I would like to join the Ambassador Club (paying $200) to receive the free weekend night. I would like to stay three weekend nights in November in Miami. If I purchase the club membership now, will I get my voucher in time? And do you still get the upgrade they offer when using this method of booking?

Almost seems too good to be true!

bearvest Sep 28, 12 9:48 pm


Originally Posted by luvstx (Post 19403545)
I just found this thread and hope you don't mind if I jump in and ask a related question.

I would like to join the Ambassador Club (paying $200) to receive the free weekend night. I would like to stay three weekend nights in November in Miami. If I purchase the club membership now, will I get my voucher in time? And do you still get the upgrade they offer when using this method of booking?

Almost seems too good to be true!

My experience (and strict adherence to the t & c's) is that the first night is a paid stay. It is the second night that is complimentary. Thus, the upgrade is to be expected.

The package usually takes about 4 weeks to arrive.

srodr Sep 30, 12 9:54 am

I also am new to these certificates and trying to use mine at the Willard. I do see that when I choose the 'Ambassador Certificate' rate it seems to book at the exact same rate as the 'Best Flexible Rate' which is $259/nt.

But what it actually says is '$259.00 Per Room Average Nightly Rate' and when I click on the 'View Estimated Total Price' it shows that the total estimated charges for the 2 nts will be $593.12, so clearly not calculating the 2nd nt as free.

So, knowing that assuming is always dangerous, is it safe to assume that in the end the total bill will actually be half of $593.12? (and not a $518 rate for the 1st night and free 2nd night)

shawntobi Sep 30, 12 4:28 pm


Originally Posted by srodr (Post 19411409)
I also am new to these certificates and trying to use mine at the Willard. I do see that when I choose the 'Ambassador Certificate' rate it seems to book at the exact same rate as the 'Best Flexible Rate' which is $259/nt.

But what it actually says is '$259.00 Per Room Average Nightly Rate' and when I click on the 'View Estimated Total Price' it shows that the total estimated charges for the 2 nts will be $593.12, so clearly not calculating the 2nd nt as free.

So, knowing that assuming is always dangerous, is it safe to assume that in the end the total bill will actually be half of $593.12? (and not a $518 rate for the 1st night and free 2nd night)

It always shows the total cost,,,,in case you DONT have your voucher at checkin. You will only pay the first night cost, when you arrive and hand over the voucher.

martyYYZ Sep 30, 12 4:38 pm


Originally Posted by srodr (Post 19411409)
I also am new to these certificates and trying to use mine at the Willard. I do see that when I choose the 'Ambassador Certificate' rate it seems to book at the exact same rate as the 'Best Flexible Rate' which is $259/nt.

But what it actually says is '$259.00 Per Room Average Nightly Rate' and when I click on the 'View Estimated Total Price' it shows that the total estimated charges for the 2 nts will be $593.12, so clearly not calculating the 2nd nt as free.

So, knowing that assuming is always dangerous, is it safe to assume that in the end the total bill will actually be half of $593.12? (and not a $518 rate for the 1st night and free 2nd night)

If you click on "View Reservation Price Details", you will see the price for each night. When you check out, you will pay the rate for the first night and the second night will be free. For example, if the first night is $229 and the second night is $289, the average rate will show as $259 but you will only pay $229 + tax

Bloobell Oct 1, 12 11:15 am


Originally Posted by srodr (Post 19411409)
I also am new to these certificates and trying to use mine at the Willard. I do see that when I choose the 'Ambassador Certificate' rate it seems to book at the exact same rate as the 'Best Flexible Rate' which is $259/nt.

But what it actually says is '$259.00 Per Room Average Nightly Rate' and when I click on the 'View Estimated Total Price' it shows that the total estimated charges for the 2 nts will be $593.12, so clearly not calculating the 2nd nt as free.

So, knowing that assuming is always dangerous, is it safe to assume that in the end the total bill will actually be half of $593.12? (and not a $518 rate for the 1st night and free 2nd night)

It very clearly says that it will show up as two paid nights initially so don't panic, you will only pay for one

doktor24 Oct 5, 12 6:48 am

question about cerificate
 
My question is for more expirienced Ambassadors on FT. Is IC strict on expiration date of Free night certificate or you can still use some time after expiration date? My cert expired 30/09 - is any way to still use it?

thanks!

Bloobell Oct 5, 12 7:00 am


Originally Posted by doktor24 (Post 19442033)
My question is for more expirienced Ambassadors on FT. Is IC strict on expiration date of Free night certificate or you can still use some time after expiration date? My cert expired 30/09 - is any way to still use it?

thanks!

Good question as my current AMB certificate runs out in June 2013 and I would ideally like to use it in July

TheBeerHunter Oct 5, 12 7:54 am


Originally Posted by doktor24 (Post 19442033)
My question is for more expirienced Ambassadors on FT. Is IC strict on expiration date of Free night certificate or you can still use some time after expiration date? My cert expired 30/09 - is any way to still use it?

thanks!

I've read, I think here on FT, of people getting them "exchanged" via Priority Club customer service for a longer-dated one. I don't know whether this is done with regularity, though, or if it was a one-off.

From personal experience having used a LOT of BOGO certs in my day, I've never seen a check-in agent scrutinize the date on the cert -- mostly they seem to be checking that the details are filled out.

But -- and this really goes without saying -- if you were to attempt to use it past expiration, you should be prepared to pay for the room in the event they DO notice.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:54 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.