Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador and free weekend night voucher

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by hclee01
The points awarded will be based on total amount spent, which will be the room rate for the first night, since you paid nothing for the second night. In terms of number of night stays, some hotels will post as 2-night qualifying night stay while some may just post 1-night qualifying stay. Hope this clarifies.
Ahh, bummer. Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification - this helps.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by scienm

I have an electronic cert and just checked in at IC LA DWTN. Was not asked a paper cert. I assume this time an electronic cert will be redeemed. I will use a paper one later.

Curious, have you been able to use your paper certificate yet? I am in the same boat as you. I used my e-certificate but I still have a paper one. Upcoming stay at IC DTLA so we will see, unless you have first and experience?
Old Oct 22, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: KE MC
My ambassador expiration is the last day of Dec and I used my paper weekend certificate at Paris on this Feb.
However I think I have e-certificate in my account... hmm.... Can I use this e-certificate before next Jan? Is there anyone like me?

Old Oct 22, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by kenneth_lee
My ambassador expiration is the last day of Dec and I used my paper weekend certificate at Paris on this Feb.
However I think I have e-certificate in my account... hmm.... Can I use this e-certificate before next Jan? Is there anyone like me?

I'm in the same boat. Stayed at the IC Chicago Magnificent Mile 10 days ago with the paper certificate. Definitely going to monitor this as my e-certificate doesn't expire until March. Although I'm bummed I have nine of 14 nights at ICs booked on points for a trip to Australia in January. I'd have to split up the reservations to use the e-certificate. The other five nights are at a Marriott on points, with the fifth night being free so I don't want to split that up either.

May need to find a quick trip in the late-winter...
Old Oct 23, 2019, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

I'm in sort of the same boat.

- paper certificate until February 2020

- e-certificate as yours, until end 2019

It's a silliness that doesn't inspire confidence.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold

I am in the same boat as you. Cos I used in IC hotel in Shanghai and they insisted on the paper voucher. So in the system, I still have the electronic ticket shown. Was wondering if I can still use the eVoucher for one night free stay? Have you managed to use the eVoucher?
Old Dec 2, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I'm in sort of the same boat.

- paper certificate until February 2020

- e-certificate as yours, until end 2019

It's a silliness that doesn't inspire confidence.
I'm having a similar problem and trying to figure out how to handle. My paper certificate has an "Expiry Date" of "03/2020." Based on that, I had booked a stay for February 2020 at the ANA Tokyo. Online, I see my digital certificate has an expiration date of February 1, 2020. I emailed Ambassador about the discrepancy, and they won't even acknowledge that there's an issue here and say that my expiration date is February 1, 2020. At this juncture, I can't use the cert by February 1, and will be very annoyed if I lose the whole value of the certificate. Seems like they should honor the printed expiration date. Thoughts?
Old Dec 2, 2019, 8:52 am

They will honour the paper certificate. Their customer service is rubbish. IHG doesn't know what it is doing.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by 336
They will honour the paper certificate. Their customer service is rubbish. IHG doesn't know what it is doing.
That's a succinct and accurate assessment of the IHG approach to customer service.

You can be fortunate and get one of the good agents. You might also win the lottery and there's always the chance you'll see some flying pigs.

But I'd say that for hotels a paper certificate trumps anything that IHG IT comes up with.
Ignore the online nonsense; don't mention it in the hotel, simply present your hard copy certificate.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Anyone help?

I used my paper certificate at IC Amsterdam at the weekend for a stay 30th Nov - Dec 2nd

Expiry on certificate said "Dec 19".

They took it at check in and didn't say anything.

Just looked at my IHG account and they have used the e-certificate that was there for this year with an expiry of 1/12/20, not the paper one they took off me.

So i've lost a 241.

I've emailed the hotel to ask why but would IHG be better?

Thanks

Last edited by Geoggy; Dec 3, 2019 at 8:07 am
Old Dec 3, 2019, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Geoggy
Anyone help?

I used my paper certificate at IC Amsterdam at the weekend for a stay 30th Nov - Dec 2nd

Expiry on certificate said "01/12".

They took it at check in and didn't say anything.

Just looked at my IHG account and they have used the e-certificate that was there for this year with an expiry of 1/12/20, not the paper one they took off me.

So i've lost a 241.

I've emailed the hotel to ask why but would IHG be better?

Thanks
Did you actually have two different certificates (i.e., from two different membership years)? Or was this actually the same certificate just in digital and paper form?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Did you actually have two different certificates (i.e., from two different membership years)? Or was this actually the same certificate just in digital and paper form?
yes 2 different certificates.

now my account says “expired” on the paper one I gave in and “used” on the 2nd year one
Old Dec 3, 2019, 6:45 am

yes 2 different certificates.

now my account says “expired” on the paper one I gave in and “used” on the 2nd year one
So you had two certs with the same expiration date?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
So you had two certs with the same expiration date?
No I had 1 cert expiry Dec 2019 (showing in my account as an ecertificate, and I had a paper version)

And 1 cert expiry Dec 2020 (no paper version just ecertificate.

Checked in, gave in paper cert with Dec 19 expiry in.

Certificate accepted.

Now my account says Dec 2019 - expired, Dec 2020 - used
Old Dec 3, 2019, 11:51 am

No I had 1 cert expiry Dec 2019 (showing in my account as an ecertificate, and I had a paper version)

And 1 cert expiry Dec 2020 (no paper version just ecertificate.

Checked in, gave in paper cert with Dec 19 expiry in.

Certificate accepted.

Now my account says Dec 2019 - expired, Dec 2020 - used
Ah, I just realized the confusion was in the formatting of dates - I read 1/12 as January 12, not December 1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.