Ambassador and free weekend night voucher

Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by emurray077
I just used my BOGO at the IC Boston, and both nights were credited as "Qualifying Nights". The stay hasn't yet been reflected in my Big Win tracker, but I will update this post once it does.
They both should count as qualifying nights like rewards stays nowadays, but I thought that only paid nights count towards the big win, so you may only get 1 night for the Big Win.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by InHere
They both should count as qualifying nights like rewards stays nowadays, but I thought that only paid nights count towards the big win, so you may only get 1 night for the Big Win.
Good point. We will find out soon enough.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
During the last Big Win, only my paid nights counted, not reward nights.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 9:00 pm

Good point. We will find out soon enough.
Any word on this? And if you had the "stay the weekend" challenge did it count for that? Have an AMBweekend stay booked for the last weekend in april so I won't have time to scramble for a mattress run!
Old Feb 16, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
I just used my BOGO at the IC Boston, and both nights were credited as "Qualifying Nights". The stay hasn't yet been reflected in my Big Win tracker, but I will update this post once it does.
As the hotel has given you credit for 2 qualifying nights, both nights will count for the BIG WIN promotion.

mxm135
Old Feb 16, 2014, 11:46 pm

does one needs to be an ambassador to use the free weekend night voucher?
Old Feb 16, 2014, 11:50 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by corrad
You do have to book via a site only accessible to Ambassadors. Now whether an Ambassador can book a bogo night for somebody else I do not know.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 6:25 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corrad
Yes, voucher isonly valid if used at checkin by an Ambassador.

If a non-ambassador tries to check in, even if presenting voucher, be aware that all BOGO booking's say ID + Voucher required at checkin.

So at checkin you would be charged both nights before being given room key cards, with mostly no option but to pay, if asusual, flex cancelation period is usual 4pm day before stay.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:31 pm

Wow this benefit has really gone to ****. I remember when it was a great value and you did not have to book through a special website. Now, you have to book some inflated rate on the special site that is always higher than normal. While looking at a stay in Rome, it hit a new low. Regular booking site, 180 euro a night...Amb site for the EXACT same room type says 210 euro a night, but when I click through to rates, it is 300 euro a night. Why even bother anymore? At this rate I will stop renewing my Ambassador...cost goes up and benefits go down. I basically am paying for the "free night" anyway now with no real discount. Not to mention I would only get 1 night worth of credit anyway...for that I can just book F&F or a 3rd party site for much cheaper. No problem finding a much cheaper rate anyway on 3rd party site, and we all know getting IHG to honor their "best in class" BRG is a joke anyway.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 9:09 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by antonius66
Wow this benefit has really gone to ****. I remember when it was a great value and you did not have to book through a special website. Now, you have to book some inflated rate on the special site that is always higher than normal. While looking at a stay in Rome, it hit a new low. Regular booking site, 180 euro a night...Amb site for the EXACT same room type says 210 euro a night, but when I click through to rates, it is 300 euro a night. Why even bother anymore? At this rate I will stop renewing my Ambassador...cost goes up and benefits go down. I basically am paying for the "free night" anyway now with no real discount. Not to mention I would only get 1 night worth of credit anyway...for that I can just book F&F or a 3rd party site for much cheaper. No problem finding a much cheaper rate anyway on 3rd party site, and we all know getting IHG to honor their "best in class" BRG is a joke anyway.
No it is not an inflated special rate BUT the on that day of booking 'Best Flex' rates. Whereas before you could book on ADR rates.

Only tip I can give is if staying across at least 3days , the whole weekend, first check the individual daily flex rates on Fri, Sat, Sun, nights, and book the Fri+Sat OR Sat+Sun to save the priciest night of Sat or Sun.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by antonius66
Apart from your ignorance of the rate facts, in some cases two nights are credited (depends on the hotel).
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:17 am

Hi

I am thinking of staying at the Intercontinental Moscow from Sept. 11 to Sept. 15. In my research I came across the IGH Ambassador status with the free weekend certificate.

Could I use the certificate for my stay at these dates and what would be the rate? Would it be the Best available rate?

Thank you for your help and clarification.

MTH
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by MTHTravel
Hi

I am thinking of staying at the Intercontinental Moscow from Sept. 11 to Sept. 15. In my research I came across the IGH Ambassador status with the free weekend certificate.

Could I use the certificate for my stay at these dates and what would be the rate? Would it be the Best available rate?

MTH
AMB cert uses a special website to do the booking. My limited experience is that often the "single night" that you paid for is somewhat more expensive than it should be.

Remember, you need to have the cert in hand when you check-in. There are many reports of ambassador welcome kits taking ->6 weeks to arrive, so you might be on the edge.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 5:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MTHTravel
Hi

MTH
You can use the link in post 20 to check rates

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/rese...ference=IBAMB&

It looks like the rates are higher at this hotel using the BOGO cert - I checked Sept 12-14
Old Jul 22, 2014, 5:44 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by tangey
Remember, you need to have the cert in hand when you check-in. There are many reports of ambassador welcome kits taking ->6 weeks to arrive, so you might be on the edge.
It has been 9 weeks and I still havent received my kit. Apparently there was a "malfunction" that caused my kit to be mailed out a month after I had joined the program. I will be using it this weekend for my wedding and I sent them an email a couple of weeks back.

They had offered to honor my certificate and give me a refund after my stay once I mail the original certificate to the hotel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.