FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Ambassador and free weekend night voucher (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1389516-ambassador-free-weekend-night-voucher.html)

idealflyer Jun 21, 2013 3:07 pm

Any updates on expiration date? If mine expires 07/13, does this mean July 1 or July 31? I am assuming the latter, but always like to check in armed with information just in case you get a check in agent who might think otherwise.

MXM135 Jun 21, 2013 5:02 pm

Expiry date would be July 31st, 2013. (Expiry is always the last day of the month).

mxm135 :)

idealflyer Jun 21, 2013 8:49 pm

Thanks, I got different answers when I called Ambassador Services ranging from "don't think so", "which property as depends on hotel" to "you should be okay". I think I will be okay. :cool:

Dettmann1 Nov 13, 2013 12:13 pm

Availability for a stay? Can someone help me out?

So I'm seriously thinking about buying ambassador status for the free night for an upcoming trip to Japan, but the main reason I'm looking at it is the free night cert. Could anyone help me out big time and see if there is availability for the certificate for January 17-19 at the IC Tokyo Bay or IC Tokyo. One of the biggest things is I'd like to book club level. Is that bookable with the cert? Any help would be appreciated!

E14 26C Nov 13, 2013 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Dettmann1 (Post 21778927)
So I'm seriously thinking about buying ambassador status for the free night for an upcoming trip to Japan, but the main reason I'm looking at it is the free night cert. Could anyone help me out big time and see if there is availability for the certificate for January 17-19 at the IC Tokyo Bay or IC Tokyo. One of the biggest things is I'd like to book club level. Is that bookable with the cert? Any help would be appreciated!

You can see yourself no secret

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/rese...ference=IBAMB&

Bloobell Nov 14, 2013 5:46 am

I have a Weekend Certificate and it's highly unlikely I'll be able to use it before July

Lllahim Nov 16, 2013 12:50 am

Does anyone else get p**d when the expiry date on the certificate is earlier than the expiry date for Ambassador?

Tried to book for Bali. The redemption rate for Ambassador cert for night is $560. The regular room rate is $165. I tossed out the cert.

scubaccr Nov 16, 2013 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Lllahim (Post 21794185)
Does anyone else get p**d when the expiry date on the certificate is earlier than the expiry date for Ambassador?

Tried to book for Bali. The redemption rate for Ambassador cert for night is $560. The regular room rate is $165. I tossed out the cert.

Is that difference for the same room type? A flex rate is never 4x an ADR rate for same room types

Seems an extreme difference. Bogo is priced on ful flex rate, which is 20-30% higher than Advance Rate, and there are even cheaper ADR rates for longer stays (4days plus at some hotels)

Unlike Award nights, bogo's span multiple room types, with guaranteed upgrades, it could be Ambassadors + RAs with bogo certs only book cheaper room types at hotel you looked at.

sailormoon98 Jan 3, 2014 7:26 pm

Happy New Year all! I booked my free weekend night for New Orleans this month (I know, not the most awesome but needed a quick trip somewhere since I was also using my expiring SW credit from the olden days). I'm wondering if any of the elite ambassador perks come along with booking this stay, ie fruit in room, free water, free upgrade, etc? Sorry if i missed this in another thread or even in the fine print somewhere >.<

Blackjackburger Jan 6, 2014 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by sailormoon98 (Post 22079312)
I'm wondering if any of the elite ambassador perks come along with booking this stay, ie fruit in room, free water, free upgrade, etc? Sorry if i missed this in another thread or even in the fine print somewhere >.<

In my experience (mainly at The Barclay NYC) all of the above elite perks come along with the booking using the free weekend night cert/rate. However like others have said it depends on the individual property - some are better than others at the perks.

tdrag97 Jan 6, 2014 8:08 pm

If you pay with pts(32k). Would still get the free ceft? N is it worth it?

Planning a trip to tokyo bay in june or july....

rbAA Jan 7, 2014 1:52 am

Originally Posted by tdrag97 (Post 22099943)

No matter which option you choose to pay, the BOGO comes in the package. N definitely worth it.

rbAA Jan 7, 2014 1:56 am

Originally Posted by Blackjackburger (Post 22098839)
In my experience (mainly at The Barclay NYC) all of the above elite perks come along with the booking using the free weekend night cert/rate. However like others have said it depends on the individual property - some are better than others at the perks.

I booked the King Club Jr Suite at IC Wuxi for Spring Festival and am already UPG'd to the 150sq.m. Deluxe Suite. Never had a problem with BOGO's getting elite bene's.

Voodoo Daddy Jan 7, 2014 5:15 am

Originally Posted by tdrag97 (Post 22099943)

Yes, and if you have the US IHG Visa, you ge a 10% rebate on point redemptions, which brings the cost down to 28,800 points. In the age of devaluation, I don't know why people pay cash for Ambassador status.

istroke Jan 8, 2014 12:36 pm

Just bought the Ambassador status. When the Ambassador will kick in?

Can I book the BOGO right now? And hope the certificate will arrive in time before trip?

I want to book BOGO for Venetian in Vegas for the 2/28/14 date. There should be plenty of time for the certificate to arrive in 6-8 weeks?