Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador and free weekend night voucher

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: QFF Silver, BA Blue, GF Silver, 3V Emerald
Hi,
I'm looking at booking a room with the AMB Weekend Cert for this weekend.
First night is CHF475 and second night is CHF700.
Is the second night free or do they charge an average of the two?
Thanks,
Steve
Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by stevejnr
Hi,
I'm looking at booking a room with the AMB Weekend Cert for this weekend.
First night is CHF475 and second night is CHF700.
Is the second night free or do they charge an average of the two?
Thanks,
Steve
the second night is the free night, so you would be paying the 475. Make sure you stay aware of this at check in just in case they try to charge you differently.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
the second night is the free night, so you would be paying the 475. Make sure you stay aware of this at check in just in case they try to charge you differently.
thanks, will do.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 6:21 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC Silver
IC Osaka

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008

Just booked IC Osaka for a weekend in Jan 2018. Friday night is JPY 36,000 and Saturday night is JPY 131,000. I thought it was too good to be true...but maybe not!
Old Feb 8, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by citygourmande
Just booked IC Osaka for a weekend in Jan 2018. Friday night is JPY 36,000 and Saturday night is JPY 131,000. I thought it was too good to be true...but maybe not!
Please don't forget that you MUST book through www.intercontinental.com/AMBWeekend
to be able to use your certificate. The couple of times I've booked through there, I found the rates to be higher than 'regular', but since it is two nights for the price of one, it still should be a decent amount of savings over paying for two nights.
And make sure you have that paper certificate with you when you travel or you will have to pay that AMBWeekend rate for BOTH nights.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:03 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Lenflyer64
Please don't forget that you MUST book through www.intercontinental.com/AMBWeekend
to be able to use your certificate. The couple of times I've booked through there, I found the rates to be higher than 'regular', but since it is two nights for the price of one, it still should be a decent amount of savings over paying for two nights.
And make sure you have that paper certificate with you when you travel or you will have to pay that AMBWeekend rate for BOTH nights.
I have the certificate, and it was booked via the specific link.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by citygourmande
I have the certificate, and it was booked via the specific link.
Good deal. I just saw the last few posts mention price differences for the different nights, but with the AMB free weekend night cert, the price on that website will be the same for both nights, and of course you only have to pay for the one/first night and the second one is 'free'.
Just didn't want anyone booking two nights on the regular site and finding out when they got to the hotel that the second night would not be 'free'.
Enjoy your stay!
Old Feb 8, 2017, 2:56 pm

thanks, will do.
All worked fine but the stay posted as non qualifying. Total paid was 1200 CHF (1 night, lift passes, food and drink).

Should I earn IHG points on this?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 3:02 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
All worked fine but the stay posted as non qualifying. Total paid was 1200 CHF (1 night, lift passes, food and drink).

Should I earn IHG points on this?
Is it still pending or actually posted, if it's the later you should follow up by calling IHG.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Lenflyer64
Good deal. I just saw the last few posts mention price differences for the different nights, but with the AMB free weekend night cert, the price on that website will be the same for both nights, and of course you only have to pay for the one/first night and the second one is 'free'.
The website will show an average price for both nights when you book but that is not what you pay, it's the first nights tariff with the second night free. Eg Rate Rules

Rate Type: Ambassador Certificate
Rate Description: Ambassador weekend night certificate redemption. Pay for first night and get the second night free only when Certificate and ID shown on check-in. Minimum of 2 night weekend stay. This special rate is available for Ambassador and Royal Ambassadors only.
Rate Rules:
ID Required
MUST CHECK IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING DAYS: Friday, Saturday
MUST STAY OVER ON ONE OF THE FOLLOWING DAYS: Friday, Saturday
MUST STAY AT LEAST: 2 NIGHTS
Cancellation Policy: Canceling your reservation before 4:00 PM (local hotel time) on Thursday, 9 February, 2017 will result in no charge. Canceling your reservation after 4:00 PM (local hotel time) on 9 February, 2017, or failing to show, will result in a charge equal to the first night's stay per room to your credit card. Taxes may apply. Failing to call or show before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in cancellation of the remainder of your reservation.
Average Nightly Rate $ 915.00 AUD per room, per night
Rate Information Per Night for 1 rooms
Fri 10 Feb 2017 $ 805.00 AUD
Sat 11 Feb 2017 $ 1,025.00 AUD
Service Charge ‡ $ 27.46 AUD
Estimated Total Price ‡ $ 1,857.46 AUD

In this case $805 is payable.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by markis10
Is it still pending or actually posted, if it's the later you should follow up by calling IHG.
Thanks.

I think it's posted, will give it a few days then chase with IHG.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:29 pm

I just received an email from the IC new orleans saying that the AMB weekend is not not eligible for the guaranteed upgrade benefit. Is he correct on this issue? Is this something new where a paid stay does not allow benefits of a program I am paying for?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
I just received an email from the IC new orleans saying that the AMB weekend is not not eligible for the guaranteed upgrade benefit. Is he correct on this issue? Is this something new where a paid stay does not allow benefits of a program I am paying for?
Technically the free night is berift of the benefits but it should be applied to the paid night.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
All Ambassador/RA benefits apply to both nights booked under your bogo Ambassador-Weekend voucher use.... including guaranteed upgrade
Old Feb 10, 2017, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by markis10
Technically the free night is berift of the benefits but it should be applied to the paid night.

I've never detected the slightest reluctance to apply full benefits to the second night. Indeed, downgrading the second night would make a nonsense of the whole thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.