FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Ambassador and free weekend night voucher (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1389516-ambassador-free-weekend-night-voucher.html)

HardDriving_Gman Oct 13, 2015 8:11 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr (Post 25554353)
That is Not what I said above though, no stay is converted to an Amb weekend bogo rate , you must book the correct bogo rate through the correct links

If you find you will then be staying on your booked bogo rate and the Amb Pack with voucher is still to arrive after more than 8weeks only them will Ambassador Desk liaise with the hotel for you so that lack of the voucher at checkin does not mean hotel charge you for both nights

Got-ya

Fanjet Oct 13, 2015 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982 (Post 25495719)
Anyone have any damn idea when IHG sends the Welcome Ambassador package? Been waiting over 2 weeks and so far nothing. I need the 5,000 point voucher and the BOGO Weekend Cert. I guess my $200.00 purchase doesn't mean much to IHG.

I renewed on 9/30, and received my packet in today's mail (10/13)-- and yesterday was a holiday for mail service.

HardDriving_Gman Oct 14, 2015 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Fanjet (Post 25561083)
I renewed on 9/30, and received my packet in today's mail (10/13)-- and yesterday was a holiday for mail service.

Did you renew as a Spire Amb?

olouie Nov 5, 2015 12:05 pm

Use my voucher but then didn't get any points for the stay. That doesnt seem right. Do AMB weekend vouchers count for points and elite qualifying stays?

Expat2001 Nov 5, 2015 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by olouie (Post 25668431)
Use my voucher but then didn't get any points for the stay. That doesnt seem right. Do AMB weekend vouchers count for points and elite qualifying stays?

I used mine on June, and I didn't get points until August. :)

TravelTheWorld66 Nov 5, 2015 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by olouie (Post 25668431)

You will get points and elite qualifying credit for the paid night, but not the free night. If it posts incorrectly give ambassador member services a call and they'll manually adjust it.

TMM1982 Nov 5, 2015 1:43 pm

FYI, 7 weeks later, still waiting on my package. lol unreal

336 Nov 5, 2015 3:14 pm

I have been waiting for months.

Membersince2013 Feb 10, 2016 6:25 am

Can i use the Bogo certificate for The Palazzo or The Venetian? And if i can, will i get IHG points for my stay at either hotels?

vibguy Feb 10, 2016 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Membersince2013 (Post 26161819)
Can i use the Bogo certificate for The Palazzo or The Venetian? And if i can, will i get IHG points for my stay at either hotels?

I did try numerous times at these hotels but it was never available. As it wasn't at other IC's at the dates I was interested in. I have 4 unused Bogo certificates in a row, not valid any longer.

snevillio Feb 10, 2016 8:44 am

Originally Posted by vibguy (Post 26162409)
I did try numerous times at these hotels but it was never available. As it wasn't at other IC's at the dates I was interested in. I have 4 unused Bogo certificates in a row, not valid any longer.

Although i've never used it there i've often seen the rate available at the Vegas hotels, its not often been a great use though as hotel rates in Vegas are generally quite cheap anyways.

If you had unused BOGO's you can always flog them on ebay, you can normally get £50+ for them providing they have a bit of availability left on them...

Sweet Willie Feb 10, 2016 8:50 am

Originally Posted by snevillio (Post 26162427)
If you had unused BOGO's you can always flog them on ebay, you can normally get £50+ for them providing they have a bit of availability left on them...

or one could use the forum on Flyertalk (once someone has the correct number of posts/length of Flyertalk membership).

miadukes Feb 10, 2016 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie (Post 26162451)
or one could use the forum on Flyertalk (once someone has the correct number of posts/length of Flyertalk membership).

What is the right forum? Can you post a link to it. I know maybe I am dumb but I have looked through and can't seem to find it.

TMM1982 Feb 10, 2016 9:41 am

Originally Posted by miadukes (Post 26162463)
What is the right forum? Can you post a link to it. I know maybe I am dumb but I have looked through and can't seem to find it.

You need to be an FT member for 6 months.

miadukes Feb 10, 2016 9:48 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982 (Post 26162733)
You need to be an FT member for 6 months.

and then what , it just pops up?