Ambassador and free weekend night voucher

Old Jun 22, 15, 5:31 pm
  #136  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Birmingham, UK
Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
Posts: 238
I would estimate about 3-5 weeks, i renewed myself in late may and the pack arrived in the middle of last week. I doubt you would get it in time for your purposes...
snevillio is offline  
Old Sep 29, 15, 4:52 pm
  #137  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8,460
Anyone have any damn idea when IHG sends the Welcome Ambassador package? Been waiting over 2 weeks and so far nothing. I need the 5,000 point voucher and the BOGO Weekend Cert. I guess my $200.00 purchase doesn't mean much to IHG.
TMM1982 is offline  
Old Sep 29, 15, 6:30 pm
  #138  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Auckland, NZ
Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
Posts: 553
Originally Posted by TMM1982 View Post
Anyone have any damn idea when IHG sends the Welcome Ambassador package? Been waiting over 2 weeks and so far nothing. I need the 5,000 point voucher and the BOGO Weekend Cert. I guess my $200.00 purchase doesn't mean much to IHG.
it can take up to 6-8 weeks I have found. (or sometimes not arrive at all!)
Susiew237 is offline  
Old Sep 29, 15, 6:41 pm
  #139  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 53
Originally Posted by TMM1982 View Post
Anyone have any damn idea when IHG sends the Welcome Ambassador package? Been waiting over 2 weeks and so far nothing. I need the 5,000 point voucher and the BOGO Weekend Cert. I guess my $200.00 purchase doesn't mean much to IHG.
To Europe (Austria) it took around 10weeks for me. So BOGO voucher is nothing for short term planning.
fairchecker is offline  
Old Sep 30, 15, 12:59 am
  #140  
IHG 5+ Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Posts: 400
For singapore, took about 4-6 weeks.

Either they are waiting for a really big batch before shipping everything at a bargain, or testing out hamsters as a delivery alternative.
jedicat666 is offline  
Old Sep 30, 15, 1:52 pm
  #141  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: MPLS, MN
Posts: 65
Anybody have a BOGO they can't use by the end of Oct 2015?
truc0011 is offline  
Old Sep 30, 15, 3:41 pm
  #142  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 373
In texas (DFW), I got mine in under 2 weeks.
VeryHumerus is offline  
Old Sep 30, 15, 4:32 pm
  #143  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: DCA IAD BWI
Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry, Hertz 5*
Posts: 175
Originally Posted by truc0011 View Post
Anybody have a BOGO they can't use by the end of Oct 2015?
PM me. ^

-AD
airbornedaddy is offline  
Old Oct 6, 15, 10:39 am
  #144  
336
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,092
Mine took 6 weeks to arrive.

Last edited by 336; Oct 14, 15 at 12:25 am
336 is offline  
Old Oct 9, 15, 6:09 am
  #145  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 44
Originally Posted by VeryHumerus View Post
In texas (DFW), I got mine in under 2 weeks.

I'm in Texas, 1 hr east of Dallas and tomorrow 10/10 will be 8 weeks and I still haven't gotten my package.
HardDriving_Gman is offline  
Old Oct 10, 15, 10:01 am
  #146  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 373
Originally Posted by HardDriving_Gman View Post
I'm in Texas, 1 hr east of Dallas and tomorrow 10/10 will be 8 weeks and I still haven't gotten my package.
I would go ahead and give them a call.
Also mine came via USPS and theyve been known to misplace items more than FedEx/UPS
VeryHumerus is offline  
Old Oct 12, 15, 8:33 am
  #147  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 44
Spire Ambassador Kits not shipping till cards are reprinted.

I have been waiting a couple days over 8 weeks for my Ambassador kit. I finally called IHG today and they stated that all Spire AM kits are on hold with no ship date known as of yet. Was told they would ship once the entire Spire AM cards are reprinted, as the phone number on the back goes to a porn chat line. I asked about the BOGO cert as I would like to plan a trip. She stated that they will mail me one and I will get it in @ 7 weeks. Apparently this is just for Spire AMB.
IHG has stated nothing that kits will be held up and no approximate ship date. It doesn't take that long to reprint the cards, maybe a week at best. I do realize that the only impact is the BOGO weekend cert and the 5k points cert. But I am just beside myself, that IHG would not even let me know it was delayed and all the CSR said, it I’m sorry it will be late. Personally, I think they should send us 2 BOGO, but that it just wishful thinking. I really need to rethink my loyalty to IHG.
HardDriving_Gman is offline  
Old Oct 12, 15, 10:35 am
  #148  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Amsterdam, Asia, UK
Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Posts: 5,072
Originally Posted by HardDriving_Gman View Post
Spire Ambassador Kits not shipping till cards are reprinted.

I have been waiting a couple days over 8 weeks for my Ambassador kit. I finally called IHG today and they stated that all Spire AM kits are on hold with no ship date known as of yet. Was told they would ship once the entire Spire AM cards are reprinted, as the phone number on the back goes to a porn chat line. I asked about the BOGO cert as I would like to plan a trip. She stated that they will mail me one and I will get it in @ 7 weeks. Apparently this is just for Spire AMB.
IHG has stated nothing that kits will be held up and no approximate ship date. It doesn't take that long to reprint the cards, maybe a week at best. I do realize that the only impact is the BOGO weekend cert and the 5k points cert. But I am just beside myself, that IHG would not even let me know it was delayed and all the CSR said, it I’m sorry it will be late. Personally, I think they should send us 2 BOGO, but that it just wishful thinking. I really need to rethink my loyalty to IHG.
Once the 8weeks are past, Ambassador helpliñe will be open to your request to Liaise direct with your intended bogo hotel to allow your bogo without a physical cert.

Reason they don't do immediately within 8weeks is most times you get pack and thus have the bogo in pack too, and nothing on bogo to identify it is yours so cancelling it is not an option

Don't forget you can book without a certificate in your hand , you just need at checkin time
scubaccr is offline  
Old Oct 12, 15, 12:08 pm
  #149  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 44
Originally Posted by scubaccr View Post
Once the 8weeks are past, Ambassador helpliñe will be open to your request to Liaise direct with your intended bogo hotel to allow your bogo without a physical cert.

Reason they don't do immediately within 8weeks is most times you get pack and thus have the bogo in pack too, and nothing on bogo to identify it is yours so cancelling it is not an option

Don't forget you can book without a certificate in your hand , you just need at checkin time
Thank you for this update...

I certainly didn't get that impression, she just said that they were going to send me the BOGO cert and it will arrive in 7 weeks. Nothing about calling back once the stay is booked and IHG converting it to BOGO.
HardDriving_Gman is offline  
Old Oct 12, 15, 3:15 pm
  #150  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Amsterdam, Asia, UK
Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Posts: 5,072
Originally Posted by HardDriving_Gman View Post
Thank you for this update...

I certainly didn't get that impression, she just said that they were going to send me the BOGO cert and it will arrive in 7 weeks. Nothing about calling back once the stay is booked and IHG converting it to BOGO.
That is Not what I said above though, no stay is converted to an Amb weekend bogo rate , you must book the correct bogo rate through the correct links

If you find you will then be staying on your booked bogo rate and the Amb Pack with voucher is still to arrive after more than 8weeks only them will Ambassador Desk liaise with the hotel for you so that lack of the voucher at checkin does not mean hotel charge you for both nights
scubaccr is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: