Intercontinental.com showing higher prices?

Old Sep 19, 12, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Intercontinental.com showing higher prices?

Tonight I had an issue where I was looking at the intercontinental in Porto, Portugal and it showed no room availability, then I was looking in Madrid and the cheapest room was 340 euros. I then looked at ich.com and both properties showed a room for 150 euros, sure enough I opened an incognito window and found the same rate at intercontinental.com......so I cleared my cookies and those prices were showing up correctly on a regular window...anyone ever seen this before?
Old Sep 19, 12, 1:50 pm

Programs: AS 75K, AA Gold, IC Plat AMB, CC Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt PLT...belong to most others but no status
Originally Posted by ianturner View Post
Tonight I had an issue where I was looking at the intercontinental in Porto, Portugal and it showed no room availability, then I was looking in Madrid and the cheapest room was 340 euros. I then looked at ich.com and both properties showed a room for 150 euros, sure enough I opened an incognito window and found the same rate at intercontinental.com......so I cleared my cookies and those prices were showing up correctly on a regular window...anyone ever seen this before?
I have noticed both price differences and room type differences on intercontinental.com vs. priorityclub.com, but usually the price difference is slight. However, I almost always book from the PC site just because I get way more room type options most of the time.

The rate discrepancy you encountered is criminal

Could it have been cookies or something? Had you been looking at BOGO rates previously, perchance?
Old Sep 20, 12, 10:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Maybe you can get them to apply the BRG and get the first night for free?
Old Sep 21, 12, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kaaria View Post
Maybe you can get them to apply the BRG and get the first night for free?
Haha, good idea.

Originally Posted by ianturner View Post
Wow, never heard of this. Thanks for bringing this up. Any other FT-ers? Does this mean we always have to check and double check prices?

I hope this isn't like the DL webpage where if you login you pay more.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: