Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum at Holiday Inn

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Platinum at Holiday Inn

I just earned PC Platinum. I'd made next week's reservation before then, and at a brand that doesn't have lounges. Well I figured I oughta spend part of the week at a hotel with a lounge to see what it's like, but I wasn't thinking. I reserved Fri/Sat for the Holiday Inn with the lounge but now I've confirmed that the lounge is only M-Th evenings.

Does anybody know what I MIGHT LIKELY get, in the way of upgrades or anything? I'm new at this LOL. My weekend reservation is King Leisure, upper floor requested.

Also what will I likely get if an upgrade is available at the place I usually stay? It's a suite-style hotel and I think I reserved a studio this time. Before earning plat, I just reserved their biggest suite -- a 1 BR. Thanks!
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:19 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
I just earned PC Platinum. I'd made next week's reservation before then, and at a brand that doesn't have lounges. Well I figured I oughta spend part of the week at a hotel with a lounge to see what it's like, but I wasn't thinking. I reserved Fri/Sat for the Holiday Inn with the lounge but now I've confirmed that the lounge is only M-Th evenings.

Does anybody know what I MIGHT LIKELY get, in the way of upgrades or anything? I'm new at this LOL. My weekend reservation is King Leisure, upper floor requested.

Also what will I likely get if an upgrade is available at the place I usually stay? It's a suite-style hotel and I think I reserved a studio this time. Before earning plat, I just reserved their biggest suite -- a 1 BR. Thanks!
I am afraid there are numerous stories of no upgrades for Plat. IC is one of the worst for recognising their better customers.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:14 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Welcome to Flyertalk, zceuxbhjutf.

PC Platinum is quiet incosistent if it comes to benefits. You cannot and should not expect much iun term of upgrade.

To give an impression you might check out the experiences of other flyertalkers in various brands (except Intercontinental hotels)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...mbassador-426/

The Intercontinental brand has its own guest programm called Ambassador. The benefits are described on the webpage: www.priorityclub.com/ambassador. It gets you a few more benefits but only at Intercontinental hotels.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 4:55 am
Suspended

It is property specific.

You can do a search here of the hotel in question to see if anyone has reported on elite experiences and you can read T/A reviews, but I found that the best thing to do is call the hotel and ask by way of inquiring if they have your reservation, what do they do their platinum elite guests.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 5:12 am

Programs: Clubcarlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire AMB etc.
From my experience you can expect to get the best room in the category you booked (i.e. room facing a view and not a parking lot/high floor etc.). In Asia I usually get a one or two level upgraded. I did receive an exceptional treatment at Holiday Inn at Phi Phi with dedicated and very friendly check-in agent and an evening reception for platinum members, but that is the exception rather than the norm.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:30 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by Markie
I am afraid there are numerous stories of no upgrades for Plat. IC is one of the worst for recognising their better customers.
+1 I'm dropping from Platinum to Gold for the first time since 2006 because I just don't get many perks with PC.

YTD I'm at 51 nights with HH and should finish with around 80. I'll end 2012 with about 25 nights at Marriotts and 25 nights with PC.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks everybody! I'll either call the property, or more likely just stick to my regular hotel.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
In the US, chances are rare (Chase PCR= P). But in Asia, changes are much higher.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 1:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
My success is quite good with upgrades at Holiday Inn Express--suites with fireplaces. At Holiday Inn's it has been hit and miss but recently had a fabulous suite upgrade at a new Holiday Inn in Red Deer, Canada.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 1:55 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
I have found it also depends on whether I am travelling solo or have my wife or family with me. For example, the last few times at CP LHR when solo I was upgraded to Club room with lounge access, but when I had wife with me then no upgrade.

Never been ugraded to club rooms when travelling with wife and son, probably due to room occupancy limits.

China/Taiwan/Korea great recognition provided, Japan is also pretty good. Rest of world is hit or miss by property, some may give free breakfast, internet, parking, drink, or nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.