Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Credit Card Bonus Apply Towards Platinum Elite Status?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2012, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Does Credit Card Bonus Apply Towards Platinum Elite Status?

I'm guessing not, but thought I'd check anyway...
Old Jul 24, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by astrogator
Yes but he card comes with Platinum status for as long as you have the card. Pretty much any points earned count toward status with the exception of buying points with the cash and points trick.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 9:59 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, Delta Amex Reserve
Originally Posted by astrogator
You guess wrong.
You should get platinum as soon as the points post, if you dont have it already.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:09 am

I stayed at a HIE in Amsterdam about 5 months after joining PC and getting the credit card (thus platinum status). The woman checking me in at the front desk said she was very surprised that I was already a platinum member having so recently joined the program. So at least outside of the states the visa program perks are not so well known?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pickettd
I stayed at a HIE in Amsterdam about 5 months after joining PC and getting the credit card (thus platinum status). The woman checking me in at the front desk said she was very surprised that I was already a platinum member having so recently joined the program. So at least outside of the states the visa program perks are not so well known?
Outside of the states the Visa doesn't exist! So of course it's not well known!

But the status for just having the card is a fairly new feature (just a few months old), and so even within the US, I'd bet a lot of people don't realize it yet.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 4:28 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Originally Posted by sdsearch
*Outside of the states the US Visa doesn't exist!

The UK Visa comes with 10/20/40k bonus that counts towards status.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pickettd
Originally Posted by sdsearch

But the status for just having the card is a fairly new feature (just a few months old), and so even within the US, I'd bet a lot of people don't realize it yet.
Originally Posted by 21H21J
*Outside of the states the US Visa doesn't exist!

The UK Visa comes with 10/20/40k bonus that counts towards status.
Yes, but that doesn't give you Platinum Status (by itself). You need 60k points for that.

So the only card that gived you Platinum status by getting the card and nothing else (which I understood by the statement by Pickettd which I bolded in red above) is in the US AFAIK.

(Even before the recent benefit of it giving you Platinum status every year you hold it, it tended to give you Platinum status the year you got it, because it gave either a 60k or 80k bonus in recent years.)

Sorry, however, for not phrasing my previous post to make clear what I meant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.