FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1353223-intercontinental-danang-sun-peninsula-resort-master-thread.html)

Chinatrvl Jun 5, 2012 12:11 am

InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort [Master Thread]

The hotel has been discussed before in various threads, but doesn't have its own.

If there is anyone going soon (I remember a thread about this), please post your experience and provide some feedback.

I have tried to contact the hotel and have received lackluster or no reply so that I even had to use ambassador services. When booking a 600 USD/night room, I expect better and now expect pretty much the worst for our stay in July to a point that I consider cancelling. So any feedback about the property is highly appreciated. Thanks.

quitecontrary Jun 5, 2012 12:02 pm

I'm looking forward to reports from it as we may stay on our visit to Vietnam next year.

InterContinentalDanang2012 Jun 6, 2012 1:42 am

Dear,
Greetings from InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort!
Thank you for your interest in staying with us, and sorry for any delay in the communication process from our part.
May I know you name and booking number so we can have our reservation team to contact you ASAP, or you can also send an email to: [email protected] for any question you might have. We will be delighted to answer. All in all, we are looking forward to seeing you very soon at the iconic InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort.
Best regards,

TheBeerHunter Jun 6, 2012 8:34 am

Originally Posted by InterContinentalDanang2012 (Post 18706311)
Dear,
Greetings from InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort!
Thank you for your interest in staying with us, and sorry for any delay in the communication process from our part.
May I know you name and booking number so we can have our reservation team to contact you ASAP, or you can also send an email to: [email protected] for any question you might have. We will be delighted to answer. All in all, we are looking forward to seeing you very soon at the iconic InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort.
Best regards,

:eek:

This really just goes to show, you really never know who is watching online, huh?!

quitecontrary Jun 6, 2012 12:28 pm

Welcome to FT ICDanang2012^

OrientExpress Jun 16, 2012 6:25 am

We are considering to book Intercon Da Nang for our holiday in August. Wondering with Ambassador membership, when we book standard room, what upgrade that we would get.

Chinatrvl Jun 16, 2012 7:33 am

Originally Posted by OrientExpress (Post 18766039)
We are considering to book Intercon Da Nang for our holiday in August. Wondering with Ambassador membership, when we book standard room, what upgrade that we would get.

According to the hotel, no upgrade at all. A room with a better location and view. RAs get one level only, pretty disappointing. They are now at least responding to emails.
I was about to book another hotel, but Danang and Hoi An are basically sold out for our dates, at least the few luxury ones we were eyeing as alternatives. I'll report back as soon as we stay there - that is early July.

travel66 Jun 17, 2012 3:25 pm

will also stay there from 4th to 8th of july! ;-)

chinatrvl was right, it seems RAs will get just one level upgrade.
This ist their upgrade policy the GM mailed to me:

Resort Premium Rooms upgrade to Atrium Suite
Atrium Suite upgrade to Atrium Suite inclusive Club Benefits
Seaside Villa On The Rocks upgrade to Seaside Villa By The Beach inclusive Club Benefits, which are:
- 24 h Butlerservice
- baggage unpacking and packing incl. 1x ironing per stay
- ABF for 2 in "Citron"
- 30 min foot reflexology p.p.
- dayly Happy Hour at L_o_n_g bar
- weekly invitation to Management Cocktail incl. light snacks

They will charge 50 to 100 USD per 3rd and 4th Person regardless RA status with paying single rate...

No upgrades and no free minibar on reward nights (stated in the GM mail)! :-(

I´m very curious about the forthcoming stay...

Regarding to the present rates it seems the IC Danang is on the way to the most expensive resort in Vietnam. :-(
I hope they will be able to comply with expectations...

Chinatrvl Jun 17, 2012 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by travel66 (Post 18772572)
will also stay there from 4th to 8th of july! ;-)

chinatrvl was right, it seems RAs will get just one level upgrade.
This ist their upgrade policy the GM mailed to me:

Resort Premium Rooms upgrade to Atrium Suite
Atrium Suite upgrade to Atrium Suite inclusive Club Benefits
Seaside Villa On The Rocks upgrade to Seaside Villa By The Beach inclusive Club Benefits, which are:
[...]

Regarding to the present rates it seems the IC Danang is on the way to the most expensive resort in Vietnam. :-(
I hope they will be able to comply with expectations...

I bet they cannot 'comply with expectations' - no soft-open hotel with some features still closed can justify those rates in Vietnam, particularly when nearby Fusion Maya and Nam Hai are charging less.

I got a different reply - most importantly stating that atruim suites include club access and RAs get a one level to a rock villa. But I have a very long communication with the hotel...

The GM previously opened up Sanya, which is a fabulous hotel (I also stayed shortly after the hotel opened). This was my main reason to stick to the hotel - the other was Fusion Maya and Nam Hai being basically sold out.

See you in July ;)

OrientExpress Jun 18, 2012 6:53 am

Thanks guys for your comment.

Should there's no perks as expected, Fusion Maya should be the better choice.

Chinatrvl Jun 18, 2012 7:14 am

There are now two TA reviews online, including photos.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...t-Da_Nang.html

They all make the property sound an astounding heaven on earth - I am truly looking forward to go there.

Well, I also know that TA review aren't very expensive ;)

slickalick Jul 10, 2012 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl (Post 18775384)
There are now two TA reviews online, including photos.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...t-Da_Nang.html

They all make the property sound an astounding heaven on earth - I am truly looking forward to go there.

Well, I also know that TA review aren't very expensive ;)

Chinatrvl, have you visited the resort yet - looking forward to how it went and specifically how they treat RA's? I emailed the GM a couple of days ago in regards to an upcoming visit, but haven't heard anything back :(

Chinatrvl Jul 10, 2012 9:34 am

Originally Posted by slickalick (Post 18902034)
Chinatrvl, have you visited the resort yet - looking forward to how it went and specifically how they treat RA's? I emailed the GM a couple of days ago in regards to an upcoming visit, but haven't heard anything back :(

We had a great stay there and I'll post a review and maybe some photos later. Those personal email addresses are pretty unreliable (as you can see from my first post), but the generic one reservations at icdanang.com sent competent replies within hours.

Overall, this is a unique and fantastic resort - however it seems to remain 'under construction' for at least the next two or three months.

Chinatrvl Jul 11, 2012 2:43 am

Tried to write an elaborate RA report:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18908167-post5632.html

quitecontrary Jul 12, 2012 7:08 am

I've just been reading the TA reviews and it would appear they do a good Sunday Brunch - ''enjoyed what could be the best value Sunday Brunch anywhere, free flow Taitinger and an amazing selection from the world class Citron restaurant buffet ''. Sounds good.