Wiki Posts
Search

number of nights credited when using the BOGO

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2012, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
number of nights credited when using the BOGO

Hello, upon my request to the ambassador service to account two nights using the weekend certificate, which were initially shown as overlapping, I received the following response. It is the first time that using the weekend certificate only one qualifying night was credited. Can this be right? Can anybody spot me to an argument in the T&C's which confirms their or my view? thanks a lot for your opinion and insight

Dear Mr. boekel,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Per your request, we also adjusted your stay at InterContinental Hotels on YY April 2012, please note that since rate paid is using your Weekend Night Certificate, you will received credit for the night paid. Technically, the 2nd night is free hence, we are unable to give credit for the said night as it was paid for by the voucher.

Your current point balance is YYYYY

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your concerns. Should you need further assistance, please feel free

to contact our office directly.

Sincerely,

Mr. XX XX
Old Apr 18, 2012, 9:04 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
I'm struggling a bit to understand what you're describing. You initially booked a 2 night stay with a BOGO, then cancelled it, and have been refunded the amount you paid for the first night? In which case I'm sure sure what you are expecting as a refund for the second night? Cash?

Presumably you will be able to use the certificate in the future so I don't see how you've lost out. Or have I completely misunderstood?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
I'm struggling a bit to understand what you're describing. You initially booked a 2 night stay with a BOGO, then cancelled it, and have been refunded the amount you paid for the first night? In which case I'm sure sure what you are expecting as a refund for the second night? Cash?

Presumably you will be able to use the certificate in the future so I don't see how you've lost out. Or have I completely misunderstood?
Hi Keefy-boy,

I guess you've misunderstood me. I've booked and used the BOGO, however they've credited only one qualifying night. Initially no qual. night has been credited. In the past, I've received always two nights, while using a BOGO, hence my question where I could find something which confirms the view of the agent.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 9:22 am

This happened to me recently at IC Porto, in the same way you state. It seems like they may be changing the way in which BOGOs are credited if it is done by the ambassador service. If the hotel does it itself as two nights it seems to work as it always has.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Often the error is to the advantage of the client and two nights are credited; but the two nights are in fact an error.

Last edited by view-with-a-room; Apr 18, 2012 at 11:54 am
Old Apr 19, 2012, 3:39 am

Programs: FB Gold, IC Gold Amb, Le Club Plat.
My BOGO stay displayed as non-qualifying stay, so they did not credited any of two night!
Old Apr 19, 2012, 6:54 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by OrientExpress
My BOGO stay displayed as non-qualifying stay, so they did not credited any of two night!
Contact the hotel via email or phone and ask for a correction. Ironic as the points and stays are so consistently incorrect but the bill is consistently correct.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 3:07 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
Often the error is to the advantage of the client and two nights are credited; but the two nights are in fact an error.
This has been my experience the past two occasions. I've always assumed that one should get credit only for one night, which seems fair, but both nights have credited. Lucky me. YMMV.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 1:03 am

Programs: Royal Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mecabq
This has been my experience the past two occasions. I've always assumed that one should get credit only for one night, which seems fair, but both nights have credited. Lucky me. YMMV.
I think 2 nights credited would be fair. For the 2 for 1-Rates you always get 2
full nights credited.

And anyway, the new BOGO is not such a good offer. The rates of the old one were much better. And at the time of the old one I always got 2 nights credited. I think the problem with IHG is, that there are too many business-controllers ruling the company.

The client should be king, but for them the client is the Bank of Brunei.
This is the American Way of life. Money rules everything.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I recently stayed on a weekend BOGO rate at an IC.
The stay appeared as non qualifying for both nights on my account.
A call at Royal Ambassador line changed it quickly into a 2 qualifying night stay.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 4:36 pm
adr

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, IC RA
Originally Posted by nicolas75
I recently stayed on a weekend BOGO rate at an IC.
The stay appeared as non qualifying for both nights on my account.
A call at Royal Ambassador line changed it quickly into a 2 qualifying night stay.
There is a RA line??? Can you share. I only have an Ambassador member services number.

My BOGO showed as unqualified for both nights, need to call.....
Old Apr 22, 2012, 6:53 pm

BOGO @ IC San Francisco a few weeks ago w/ two non qualifying nights. Sent email to customer service via "Submit a Missing Points Form" on the web site. I understand 1 night qualifying but not 0 nights qualifying. No response yet.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:59 am
B42

Programs: IC,KLM,Marriott,LHW,HHonors
You should be credited for 2 nights. Maybe rules have changed in the last months but the BOGO has always been a qualifying stay.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by B42
You should be credited for 2 nights. Maybe rules have changed in the last months but the BOGO has always been a qualifying stay.
Although many hotels credit/have credited members with 2 qualifying nights, you are only paying for 1 night, and therefore, the entitlement when using an Ambassador Weekend Night Certificate (BOGO) is for 1 qualifying night as the second night is free.

If the hotel posts 2 nights, be thankful, if they post 0, request an adjustment.

mxm135
Old Apr 24, 2012, 7:48 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MXM135
Although many hotels credit/have credited members with 2 qualifying nights, you are only paying for 1 night, and therefore, the entitlement when using an Ambassador Weekend Night Certificate (BOGO) is for 1 qualifying night as the second night is free.

If the hotel posts 2 nights, be thankful, if they post 0, request an adjustment.

mxm135
Thanks for the definitive answer, mxm135. Can you explain why sometimes when you request a manual adjustment, you'll get 2 qualifying nights, while other times, you only get 1? Is this a truly manual adjustment, thus you're left to the whims of the CSR doing the adjustment?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.