Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Attention! You consumed minibar 'ABOVE AVERAGE'!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Best DO idea ever! ^
If it really happens, I'm in too.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
This should be over weekend and EVERYBODY should use a BOGO too.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by holtju2
This should be over weekend and EVERYBODY should use a BOGO too.
Unfortunately that's a limited reservation, so probably only 5 or 10 of us could use one.

But I'd totally hope on a flight to Shanghai to partake in something like this. I wonder how they would accommodate a hotel full of RAs? Obviously they can't upgrade us all, so would they make it up to us somehow? Could we drink the club dry too, if all they do is give us all club access?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by javacodeguy
Unfortunately that's a limited reservation, so probably only 5 or 10 of us could use one.

But I'd totally hope on a flight to Shanghai to partake in something like this. I wonder how they would accommodate a hotel full of RAs? Obviously they can't upgrade us all, so would they make it up to us somehow? Could we drink the club dry too, if all they do is give us all club access?
They offer to choose between club or suite. I think they can handle RAs unless more than 30 or 40 RAs are there.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I think they should specify that only 1 drink per day and one choco bar per day. This is ridiculous!!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:18 am

Whats next? "Sir, you've used up more than 1/4 of your shampoo bottle per day, which is considered above average, please stop washing your private parts more than absolutely needed"?

In your case, I would write them back that you'll be gladly avoiding visiting their properties at all in the future and that you're terribly sorry you used some of their given benefits. If their customer care has left two working braincells, this should ring pretty much ALL alarm bells available.. if not, I wouldn't give any f*ck and just book whatever hotel is offering the best deal, no matter if IC or not.. service often is more important than stars.. (especially in China)
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:32 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Given that free mini bar is a stated benefit of RA, I'd be pretty livid if I received a letter like this.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Fyi IHG lurkers.....This is the great thing about Flyertalk....you can't hide bad policy or poor service and its always an opportunity for improvement.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Glad I am not even trying to requalify anymore.

Truly shocking they have no idea of their customers and how they get their business.

Possibly a good case for shorting the stock.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have seen more than 1 thread of RA bragging about cleaning out the mini bar and nothing can be done about it. It is a RA benefit. If it keeps up I can see IHG eliminating the benefit or putting a limit on how much can be consumed free. Then all the non-abusers can thank the abusers for ruining a good thing.

Note: not saying the OP is one of the abusers.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by Baze
I have seen more than 1 thread of RA bragging about cleaning out the mini bar and nothing can be done about it. It is a RA benefit. If it keeps up I can see IHG eliminating the benefit or putting a limit on how much can be consumed free. Then all the non-abusers can thank the abusers for ruining a good thing.

Note: not saying the OP is one of the abusers.
Anyone who is a 'real' RA with 30 or more stays per year won't emtpy the minibar regularily, otherwise he's likely an alcoholic and should look for help. (Almost) emptying it a handful of times is hardly abusing it, but a nice privilege and treat.

But this is certainly not the subject-matter here.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by scienm
If it really happens, I'm in too.
And when we all leave, we should leave all the minibar bottles in one place.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:26 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Whats next?
Simple answer to that. They introduce the $100 PER STAY minibar credit which is already the case at the two IC resorts in Vegas. And you can't tell me that's because alcohol is really expensive in the states and they are losing money.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:44 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
Originally Posted by tangey
Simple answer to that. They introduce the $100 PER STAY minibar credit which is already the case at the two IC resorts in Vegas. And you can't tell me that's because alcohol is really expensive in the states and they are losing money.
And the simple answer to that - it motivates me to take all my business away from IC! Many years loyalty lost for the cost of a diet coke or 2 and a couple of minutures! Hopefuly they wouldn't be so short-sighted.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by tangey
I can see the hard-core minibar emptier turning any multi-day stay into a bunch of one-day single-night stays

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.