InterContinental Montreal Master Thread

Old Jun 25, 2013, 2:49 pm
Suspended

ok thanks for your feedbacks

W is too expensive during the summer
Old Mar 13, 2014, 9:33 pm

Any RA's ever had any luck getting anything bigger than the king luxe room or whatevr they call it?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 4:03 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by anian2525
Any RA's ever had any luck getting anything bigger than the king luxe room or whatevr they call it?
Standard upgrade for RAs at this property is the Tourelle Suite plus Club access. These suites are the xx00 rooms with a small bedroom. On rare occasions you may be assigned one of the larger Royal Ambassador suites on the upper floors.

mxm135
Old Mar 14, 2014, 6:31 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
I've always want to check out IC Montreal. As a city Montreal is very nice but sadly those Quebecois a lot of them can be rude esp if you don't speak Quebec French.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
I've always want to check out IC Montreal. As a city Montreal is very nice but sadly those Quebecois a lot of them can be rude esp if you don't speak Quebec French.
There are so many better options in Montreal, don't stay at this property.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 10:25 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
as an RA I have always got upgrades to a suite, and the lounge is great.
It Quebec they are always rude, get used to it.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
[Moderator: Perhaps this thread should be merged into this "master" thread.]

At this property, does IHG Platinum status coupled with IC Ambassador status (not Royal) provide any perks beyond "basic" Ambassador status without Platinum status?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:43 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by jmd001
[Moderator: Perhaps this thread should be merged into this "master" thread.]
(...)
Done and also cleaned up a few posts now obsolet.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Always had good room upgrades here as an RA, with club access. (great club room, interesting food offerings and complimentary drinks)
Old Aug 20, 2014, 5:22 am

Would not stay here again.

Booked a 3 night weekend stay here recently and wished I would have just stayed at one of the many independents. Had a great rate though so can I really complain? First world problems but annoying none the less:

Contacted GM a week out to inquire about setting something nice up for my SO's birthday but I received an out of office reply so I turned to the "experience manager." GM never responded but the experience manager called to ask what type of wine we would like. Figured that was a good start.

Fast forward to arrival and nothing in regards to this matter had been done. NBD I figured since they're under no obligation to do anything.

Got to the room and wanted to throw our passports in the safe but it was DOA. Called the front desk and they sent someone to fix it but he did no better than my own attempts so I was assured someone from maintenance would address it promptly.

Upon our return later that evening, the safe was still not working and there was no evidence it had been looked at. A note had not been left.

24 hours later, after a day sightseeing, we returned to a surprise bottle of sparkling apple juice and a "happy birthday" note. One sip each and it was stashed in the fridge, which never actually stayed cold. How Pinot Noir can be confused with apple juice is beyond me, but again it was "free" so can I complain?

The plumbing seemed out of whack considering it took multiple flushes to dispose of a single piece of toilet paper.

On the plus side, staff was great, decor was in good condition and location was ideal.

So overall nothing terrible happened but I wouldn't recommend the IC to anyone or stay there again. Overall kinda disappointed since I wanted the stay to be enjoyable but ended up as just average.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 1:55 pm

I have a stay coming up at the IC Montreal in October for a Sat. to Mon. stay. I used an ambassador BOGO certificate and booked the highest room available (The price was amazingly good, about $212 CAD for a King Club IC Suite.

What kind of ambassador benefits are given to people who book the highest room on the website? I've heard of people being given the rate below the room (Family IC Suite) but I'm not sure if there are any "off market" suites in this hotel I could be placed into?

Either way I'm excited to stay at this hotel. I've never been disappointed even staying at IC hotels which have a 3.8/4.0 rating as this one does on the website.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Anyone stayed here recently, can you comment on the CLUB floor, lounge accommodations? Is there lounge decent enough for breakfast, or is the additional breakfast charge (most likely in a restaurant) required for something more substantial?

I'm trying to decide between this and the Fairmont (where I'm a platinum) but during a race weekend, options for upgrade a slim to none
Old Feb 13, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nmenaker
Anyone stayed here recently, can you comment on the CLUB floor, lounge accommodations? Is there lounge decent enough for breakfast, or is the additional breakfast charge (most likely in a restaurant) required for something more substantial?

I'm trying to decide between this and the Fairmont (where I'm a platinum) but during a race weekend, options for upgrade a slim to none
Stayed at IC Montreal last May (i.e., not really that recently), but let me describe my experience.

Reserved a standard room, but Platinum (NOT Royal) Ambassador status got us a so-so upgrade to a corner room. Do not know what additional amenities were on the actual "club floor". The actual lounge in on the lobby level, and requires key card for access.

Status did NOT automatically give us lounge access. Opted to pay 40 CAD for access for 2 for each night. Was led to believe it is normally 40 CAD per person, but only paid 40 for 2 based on status.

Between breakfast and happy hour, we felt we definitely got our money's worth. Not sure I would say that if the cost had been 40 CAD per person.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
There's no Club floor as the Club is adjacent to the lobby. But I've certainly had my breakfast and dinner in the Club each day I've stayed here. It's not bad at all. RA's get free Club access.
Tim O'Brien likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.