Address
Holiday Inn Express South
5760 Polaris Avenue,
Las Vegas, Nevada NV 89118, USA

Tel. +1 702 736-0098

Link to hotel
www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/gb/en/las-vegas/lasrr/hoteldetail

Print Wikipost

Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South (Master Thread)

Staying at the HIX in Las Vegas, as other properties here left the chain.

Avoid.

About 3 miles from airport, poor if any sound insulation. Although I am dying to meet Lucy next door. She goes soprano when, oh! excuse me, I digress.

Check in was the classic - the cards in there (my Platinum greeting?).
1980s furniture, but there is a flat screen TV. No closet, Armoire for clothing.
Lumpy mattress, sheets poorly put on, threadbare comforter. King Suite, but not even the size of the newer properties that have that long hallway feel to them. Didn't see "regular" room, but it must be small.

Weird hotel staff experience: Didn't get coffee from housekeeping so called the front desk to ask for some. Woman from Housekeeping knocked on the door 10 minutes later. When I opened the door, she thrust a bag in my hand and said, "Here!" and turned around and walked away without another word. In the bag was 12 bags of coffee and 15 condiment packets. Very bizarre.

Climate control is wall operated, though there seems to be only two settings - too hot or too cold.

All this, and the price was high as well, typical of better HIXes we have all experienced. Next trip to Vegas, not gonna be staying here!

Caveat Emptor!

Last edited by Thumper; Feb 22, 2012 at 8:33 am
Old Feb 26, 2012, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Thumper
Staying at the HIX in Las Vegas, as other properties here left the chain.

Avoid.

About 3 miles from airport, poor if any sound insulation. Although I am dying to meet Lucy next door. She goes soprano when, oh! excuse me, I digress.

Check in was the classic - the cards in there (my Platinum greeting?).
1980s furniture, but there is a flat screen TV. No closet, Armoire for clothing.
Lumpy mattress, sheets poorly put on, threadbare comforter. King Suite, but not even the size of the newer properties that have that long hallway feel to them. Didn't see "regular" room, but it must be small.

Weird hotel staff experience: Didn't get coffee from housekeeping so called the front desk to ask for some. Woman from Housekeeping knocked on the door 10 minutes later. When I opened the door, she thrust a bag in my hand and said, "Here!" and turned around and walked away without another word. In the bag was 12 bags of coffee and 15 condiment packets. Very bizarre.

Climate control is wall operated, though there seems to be only two settings - too hot or too cold.

All this, and the price was high as well, typical of better HIXes we have all experienced. Next trip to Vegas, not gonna be staying here!

Caveat Emptor!
OT. Seems I was sleeping at the wheel. What happened to the HI Flamingo, just opened and we stayed there last year?
Old Mar 4, 2012, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
OT. Seems I was sleeping at the wheel. What happened to the HI Flamingo, just opened and we stayed there last year?
HI Flamingo has left the chain.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 5:04 pm

Programs: Priority Club Spire Elite.,Hilton,Rapid Rewards,AA
Originally Posted by Thumper
HI Flamingo has left the chain.
Was disappointed at that news myself too. I've also stayed at the HIX on Polaris and share Thumper's not-so-good feelings about the place.
Old May 26, 2018, 11:09 pm

Has anyone stayed here recently? The photos look like the rooms were upgraded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.