FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South (Master Thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1316842-holiday-inn-express-las-vegas-south-master-thread.html)

Thumper Feb 22, 2012 8:26 am

Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South (Master Thread)

Staying at the HIX in Las Vegas, as other properties here left the chain.

Avoid.

About 3 miles from airport, poor if any sound insulation. Although I am dying to meet Lucy next door. She goes soprano when, oh! excuse me, I digress.

Check in was the classic - the cards in there (my Platinum greeting?).
1980s furniture, but there is a flat screen TV. No closet, Armoire for clothing.
Lumpy mattress, sheets poorly put on, threadbare comforter. King Suite, but not even the size of the newer properties that have that long hallway feel to them. Didn't see "regular" room, but it must be small.

Weird hotel staff experience: Didn't get coffee from housekeeping so called the front desk to ask for some. Woman from Housekeeping knocked on the door 10 minutes later. When I opened the door, she thrust a bag in my hand and said, "Here!" and turned around and walked away without another word. In the bag was 12 bags of coffee and 15 condiment packets. Very bizarre.

Climate control is wall operated, though there seems to be only two settings - too hot or too cold.

All this, and the price was high as well, typical of better HIXes we have all experienced. Next trip to Vegas, not gonna be staying here!

Caveat Emptor!

Exleftseat Feb 26, 2012 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 18061699)
Staying at the HIX in Las Vegas, as other properties here left the chain.

Avoid.

About 3 miles from airport, poor if any sound insulation. Although I am dying to meet Lucy next door. She goes soprano when, oh! excuse me, I digress.

Check in was the classic - the cards in there (my Platinum greeting?).
1980s furniture, but there is a flat screen TV. No closet, Armoire for clothing.
Lumpy mattress, sheets poorly put on, threadbare comforter. King Suite, but not even the size of the newer properties that have that long hallway feel to them. Didn't see "regular" room, but it must be small.

Weird hotel staff experience: Didn't get coffee from housekeeping so called the front desk to ask for some. Woman from Housekeeping knocked on the door 10 minutes later. When I opened the door, she thrust a bag in my hand and said, "Here!" and turned around and walked away without another word. In the bag was 12 bags of coffee and 15 condiment packets. Very bizarre.

Climate control is wall operated, though there seems to be only two settings - too hot or too cold.

All this, and the price was high as well, typical of better HIXes we have all experienced. Next trip to Vegas, not gonna be staying here!

Caveat Emptor!

OT. Seems I was sleeping at the wheel. What happened to the HI Flamingo, just opened and we stayed there last year?

Thumper Mar 4, 2012 5:23 am

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT (Post 18087082)
OT. Seems I was sleeping at the wheel. What happened to the HI Flamingo, just opened and we stayed there last year?

HI Flamingo has left the chain. :(

SoonerRed Mar 5, 2012 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 18130381)
HI Flamingo has left the chain. :(

Was disappointed at that news myself too. I've also stayed at the HIX on Polaris and share Thumper's not-so-good feelings about the place. :(

Single_Flyer May 26, 2018 11:09 pm

Has anyone stayed here recently? The photos look like the rooms were upgraded.