Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by pazza2000
My 40k bonus points are showing on 1st my statement, although have yet to be sent over to PC - how long does this usually take? From the feedback here, I gave PC a call to confirm I would receive a £99 credit next month.

Should have asked them how long it takes They wil say 6-8 weeks BTW

The free night at £10k is appealing to me, does anyone know how long does this take to post to your account after reaching the spend threshold, and also how long is it valid for?

From their web-site

After you achieve £10,000 of net purchase transactions please allow 6 to 8 weeks for your e-voucher to be delivered
Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:41 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
You have to wonder why in this day and age anything like that takes 6-8 weeks! Why isn't it more or less instant?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 6:16 am

Programs: F
I do get the feeling that there is method behind this: a "cooling off" period, to avoid some potential abuses of the system.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
40000 points have hit my account at last. However I have a few gripes....

I used the card at an ATM in Johannesburg airport. I took out 1000 Rand which is about £80. For this one transaction I received two charges of just over £5 each. One was a cash advance charge and the other was a foreign exchange fee charge.

Obviously not going to break the bank and will be in the T&C's somewhere. But just be aware if you are thinking of using the card abroad.

Second gripe is that this months statement is showing a small interest charge yet my bill has been paid in full and well before it was due. So not sure what its for but will result in a call to Barclays tomorrow to resolve.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
40000 points have hit my account at last. However I have a few gripes....

I used the card at an ATM in Johannesburg airport. I took out 1000 Rand which is about £80. For this one transaction I received two charges of just over £5 each. One was a cash advance charge and the other was a foreign exchange fee charge.

Obviously not going to break the bank and will be in the T&C's somewhere. But just be aware if you are thinking of using the card abroad.

Second gripe is that this months statement is showing a small interest charge yet my bill has been paid in full and well before it was due. So not sure what its for but will result in a call to Barclays tomorrow to resolve.
Most probably the cash advance as IIRC this starts to accrue interest from the day you take it
Old Mar 20, 2012, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by blindman
Most probably the cash advance as IIRC this starts to accrue interest from the day you take it
Good grief

So using the ATM to withdraw around £80 of currency has cost me about £15 in bloody charges?? Never again!
Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
You have to wonder why in this day and age anything like that takes 6-8 weeks! Why isn't it more or less instant?
I agree. 4-6 weeks after statement date for the points to post is a long time, in the case of AMEX it is usually immediately after a statement date for rewards to post if not even before.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: Platinum Ambassador, HH Gold
I received a call today off PC visa to say I had been sent the invite in error. They will ,as a gesture of goodwill ,give me the 40k points! I told them that was unacceptable. I should have them because it was an agreement not a goodwill gesture. Further they have not addressed the fact that they made me send a copy in before they would believe me and that I have had to chase the benefit. The whole tone of the call was that they were doing me a favour. Very dissappointed.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
I recently took the upgrade offer and have nothing but problems since.

They refunded the annual fee 'late' causing the system to believe I had paid late despite a direct debit being on my account since before the upgrade and successful payments being made each month via dd. Now just fighting with Barclays to get them to fix my credit record after their mess. Painful bank to deal with despite them admitting thir faults.

Lots if other issues too since upgrade including issues with name.

Overall customer service is dreadful and once my credit record is fixed, this card is bing binned. Tired of countless letters being told I owed them money when I did not (must have received 5 letters alone).

Anyone else noticed the inconsistencies on website, statement and other collateral (e.g. 'demand letters') re customer service hours etc? Some say open on Sunday, others suggest not. I also object to dial an 0844 number (non-geographic) to advise them of their inept service (the geographic number on Sundays bizarrely refuses to transfer customers to customer service).

You have been warned!

Only silver lining is that I got the 25K bonus. Not worth it in my book.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 6:14 am

I haven't had a statement since January (ie last 2 missing) and the download statement in PDF format from the website hasn't been working for well over a week which means no way of checking if the points calculation is correct.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
I haven't had a statement since January (ie last 2 missing) and the download statement in PDF format from the website hasn't been working for well over a week which means no way of checking if the points calculation is correct.
I have the same problems!! The website has been a pain...every now and then I will have problem to sign in. I once called CS to ask why the website is down for a week, and was told everything is working fine, we can see all your details...hopeless!!

For any of you want the paper statement, you will need to sign in to your account and switch off the paperless statement, after that you should receive an email to confirm your request.

I was told that it automatically switch your account with paperless statement, even if you upgraded from your old card that receive paper statement.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:20 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Applied end of Jan, 1st statement 12th Feb with £99 fee.

2nd statement 12th March with fee removed, online statement PDF showed 41735 points attained.

Can report that these points hit my PCR account today, broke down into Visa activation bonus, visa base spend, visa hotel spend and visa international spend.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by tangey
online statement PDF showed 41735 points attained.
Are you currently able to get an online PDF of your statement? Sure as hell doesn't work for me, it constatntly says that facility isn't working at the moment!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
I haven't been able to get a PDF statement for a fortnight. Keeps reporting the facility as unavailable.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 2:09 pm

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Points have just posted within the last 15 mins ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.