Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Many points does everybody Have?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:27 am
Original Poster

How Many points does everybody Have?

I have 500,000 points and I'm to scared to use them as they keep adding up and I'm scared I will waste them but where do you stop? using them for reward nights is not an option because I don't want be in hotels when I'm not working. Vouchers or merchandise or keep going? Is 500,000 alot compared to you guys? I have never used a point!

Also I dont understand the new promo, I'm stying in a holiday inn a HIexpress and a CP this week and every week from then I will be doing 2 nights a week in HIP, will i only get 500 points a night for the HIP and extra for the nights i stayd in the CP and HI as one offs?

Thanks Guys
Old Oct 11, 2011, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL-Silver, Marriott-Life Plat, IHG-Plat, Hilton-Gold
500K PC points is a lot when you can get free nights for 5 to 10K. Points only go down in value over time. Earn them, then use them. Take a vacation, man.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by milesrunner
500K PC points is a lot when you can get free nights for 5 to 10K. Points only go down in value over time. Earn them, then use them. Take a vacation, man.
I would agree with that sentiment. Never let mine go over 100K.

Whats the point in earning them otherwise.

Have a holiday!
Old Oct 11, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: IC Amb, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, EY E+, UA*G, BA Gold
You can make a charitable donation with your points via the "Redeem Points" option within your Priority Club account.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by Errata
You can make a charitable donation with your points via the "Redeem Points" option within your Priority Club account.
Just log in and select donate points to Fozziedoggie...I'll take as many as want to give me
Old Oct 11, 2011, 3:50 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I have 446K. I love watching the balance go up. It's fun to accumulate and pass another threshold!

I've used a lot of points this year, but just been one of those years with Crack the Case, VISA card bonus, etc... I've earned 281K this year but also spend 215K. Of course with VISA card I've gotten 21.5K back!
Old Oct 11, 2011, 4:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
It won't be fun if they devalue the points!! My strategy is to earn and then burn at the first opportunity I have to get decent value for the points. I don't see the point in sitting on hundreds of thousands of points, when I can save real £ by using those points to pay for my holiday accomodation.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 4:45 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by MarkGraham2011
I have 500,000 points and I'm to scared to use them as they keep adding up and I'm scared I will waste them but where do you stop? using them for reward nights is not an option because I don't want be in hotels when I'm not working. Vouchers or merchandise or keep going? Is 500,000 alot compared to you guys? I have never used a point!

Also I dont understand the new promo, I'm stying in a holiday inn a HIexpress and a CP this week and every week from then I will be doing 2 nights a week in HIP, will i only get 500 points a night for the HIP and extra for the nights i stayd in the CP and HI as one offs?

Thanks Guys
I'd love to take them of your hands, but failing that, on the priorityclub site, you can trade them in, 15K at a time, for £25 vouchers at a load of decent highstreet shops, valuing your total around £830.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 5:22 pm

I usually max myself out around 200-250K before I splurge and spend them on reward nights during a vacation. Use them before you lose them. I remember when almost all HIE's were 10,000 points only. Then many of them, at least the ones I stayed at, jumped to 25,000 points. I had just over 100K at that time which was good for 10 days (I was saving up for a 2 week vacation), then boom, it was only good for 4 days.

Once I hit my threshold of about 200-250K, I switch to earning miles for the rest of the year until I use the points up.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 8:23 pm

Programs: SQ

I've earned 210,000 this year and enjoy spending them. There's no real reason to save them up unless you're planning a trip to Bora Bora. I use most of them on PB's too, which is a great excuse to visit a random place.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 9:09 pm

If you don't see anything you want to spend your points on, then switch to air miles. There's virtually every airline program in the world that you can pick from. Again, once I max out enough points for say a 1-2 week vacation, I switch my earnings preference to miles.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 4:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plt, AA AC
I say save them up until both your air miles and hotel miles equal a first class trip to europe or someplace equally as fun and then go take a, virtually, free vacation with your sig other. Other than that, donate them to some young enlisted military couple so they can get some much needed away time in a hotel nicer than the Motel 6 they usually end up at.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
O have 184k, and am currently enjoying the benefit of some of them in New York...

When I get back from this trip, I will start booking nights for my trip next year, so they won't be hanging around in my account long!
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: IC Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, HH Diamond
I currently got about 100000. Go and spend your points for a holiday with your girlfriend at a nice IC in the sun.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
I have about 300K. Not a ton and dont know why I am being so frugal with them as I got most from the crack the case promo and credit card. This thread just prompted me to burn some of them on my trip to Dubai as I was debating using points or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.