Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental The Venetian Master Thread (Las Vegas)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
The Sands organization is selling the Venetian. I wonder if the buyers will retain the IC Alliance?

With sale of the Venetian, Las Vegas Sands exits the Strip (apnews.com)
I have a reservation on points here in October. I guess this will still be ok given the sale is due to complete at the end of 2021?
Old Apr 21, 2021, 2:44 am

AMEX $50 cashback from $250 spend at intercontinental & kimpton

Does anyone know if the Venetian will qualify for this AMEX cashback promo?

Last edited by t0dd0; Apr 22, 2021 at 11:52 pm
Old Apr 23, 2021, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by t0dd0
AMEX $50 cashback from $250 spend at intercontinental & kimpton

Does anyone know if the Venetian will qualify for this AMEX cashback promo?
No, it is in the exclusion list.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by asdfghjk
No, it is in the exclusion list.
Wow, I completely missed that. Thank you.

Now to decide where to put the spend. 5x on my IHG Select, or 3x on my Chase sapphire reserve.

Last edited by t0dd0; Apr 25, 2021 at 9:43 pm
Old May 25, 2021, 7:33 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat / Hilton Gold / IHG Plat
Has anyone upgraded to the Prestige Level with the lounge access ?

If youre a lifetime platinum member does anyone know the cost... Having a hard time finding it...
Old May 26, 2021, 1:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat / Hilton Gold / IHG Plat
Welp...I found out being IHG anything doesnt give you a discount at all
Old Jun 29, 2021, 6:21 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Any food and beverage credit for Ambassadors? I do understand their is a mandatory resort fee even on award nights
I'm so excited though to get complimentary 800 calls though
Calchas likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 9:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
On IHG.com, when I pick 4 ppl for an award booking at the Palazzo it initially says "50.00 USD per extra adult starting with the 3rd adult. (included in price)". But on the next(final) booking page, the total cost is listed in points and the resort fee is mentioned but the $50 is not mentioned again. I am guessing the $50 extra person charge is not charged on award stays? I think since it says "included in price" and the final price is just x points, then I am fine?
Old Sep 28, 2021, 11:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
The Chase 4th night free on IHG award bookings is very handy for Venetian/Palazzo right now that rooms are 35k points a night midweek. I booked a Wed-Sun stay and paid 130k in points (35k each for Wed and Thur night, 60k for Fri night). I got the 80k Saturday night for free. Still have to pay resort fees ofc. Was cheaper to book 4 nights, than to book 3.

130k points for 4 nights easily beats the 210k it would be without this chase benefit and certainly beats the ~$1800 all-in cash price for the same weekend.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 8:53 pm

Does anyone know if incidentals and/or resort fee counts as IHG points earning at the Venetian on an award stay? I charged a lot of meals to my room and they have all come up as "discounted rate - non qualifying spend". This seems wrong to me but would appreciate advice.

EDIT: Reading up thread it seems stays at the Venetian/Palazzo regularly post as non qualifying, award stays or not and IHG have to fix this. This seems like shoddy behavior if they are doing it as a general practice to avoid awarding points..I will follow up with IHG.

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Any food and beverage credit for Ambassadors?
Just stayed here this month as an ambassador. Got $20 to spend in 4 or 5 specific bars only. No restaurants, room service, minibar or restaurant spend counted.

Last edited by Enigma368; Oct 18, 2021 at 9:02 pm
Old Oct 22, 2021, 1:10 pm

IHG have responded to say that Intercontinental Alliance resorts do not award points for incidental or food and beverage spend. They quoted this page: https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/cu...er-tc/2nd-page

This is disappointing...
ARR72 likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Enigma368
IHG have responded to say that Intercontinental Alliance resorts do not award points for incidental or food and beverage spend. They quoted this page: https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/cu...er-tc/2nd-page

This is disappointing...
Agreed
The IHG Rewards call center is even more disappointing.
Will they stay with IHG @ all now that the property is sold?
Old Oct 22, 2021, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Enigma368
Does anyone know if incidentals and/or resort fee counts as IHG points earning at the Venetian on an award stay? I charged a lot of meals to my room and they have all come up as "discounted rate - non qualifying spend". This seems wrong to me but would appreciate advice.

EDIT: Reading up thread it seems stays at the Venetian/Palazzo regularly post as non qualifying, award stays or not and IHG have to fix this. This seems like shoddy behavior if they are doing it as a general practice to avoid awarding points..I will follow up with IHG.

Just stayed here this month as an ambassador. Got $20 to spend in 4 or 5 specific bars only. No restaurants, room service, minibar or restaurant spend counted.
Appreciate the info I ended up back at the Waldorf Astoria months ago where breakfast was amazing and free. Granted more points and no resort fee!
Old May 10, 2022, 7:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Just got back from another stay here. A friend booked the stay as an IHG gold. We attempted to check-in very early, without much expectation, and were given the room without issue. As well as a 2 pm checkout too. Room and resort was fantastic as always. When comparing the room fee to some of the other resorts we looked at, the "free stuff" was negligible.
Old May 16, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Super Mario
Just got back from another stay here. A friend booked the stay as an IHG gold. We attempted to check-in very early, without much expectation, and were given the room without issue. As well as a 2 pm checkout too. Room and resort was fantastic as always. When comparing the room fee to some of the other resorts we looked at, the "free stuff" was negligible.
Great news, thank you for posting, very relevant to my upcoming stay. I was coming here to look for/ask if anyone had had luck receiving a late check out at this hotel. I wasn’t sure if they honored the Ambassador benefit. I have a one night stay in June/paid rate. We are flying in a couple of hours before check in time and were also hoping for a 1pm late check out. I’m Ambassador/Diamond but wasn’t sure if it meant much at the Venetian/Palazzo. I’ll remain optimistic! Thanks again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.