Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC The Palazzo Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2011, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Do Venetian has same VIP checkin Area for RA's as Palazzo?
Old May 2, 2011, 5:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold for life
Prestige Lounge Question

I just booked a room at the Palazzo on the Prestige level that inlcudes lounge access. I got an email after I made the reservation indicating that I can only bring 2 people into the lounge, or pay $50 more per person for additional guests. I only booked the room for 2 guests, but I have 4 in total - is this going to be a problem? Am I going to have pay for each additional guest? Do they check your room ID at the door to the lounge? Can someone explain how it works? Because if I can't have all 4 guests come into the lounge, maybe this floor isn't such a good idea.

Any insight is greatly appreciated - thanks!
Old May 2, 2011, 6:03 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by CIAO LAX
I just booked a room at the Palazzo on the Prestige level that inlcudes lounge access. I got an email after I made the reservation indicating that I can only bring 2 people into the lounge, or pay $50 more per person for additional guests. I only booked the room for 2 guests, but I have 4 in total - is this going to be a problem? Am I going to have pay for each additional guest? Do they check your room ID at the door to the lounge? Can someone explain how it works? Because if I can't have all 4 guests come into the lounge, maybe this floor isn't such a good idea.

Any insight is greatly appreciated - thanks!
Don't have all four guests enter the lounge at the same time.

Access is by 'flashing' a special color coded (or striped) key.

Be aware, that 'by the book' Prestige Lounge Access is ONLY for two guests. As above, it's easy to 'get around' --- but, YMMV, since things can become more strict at any time (and, the terms/conditions are very clear).
Old May 3, 2011, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by olegator
Do Venetian has same VIP checkin Area for RA's as Palazzo?
When you face the registration area look forward the left and you will see their VIP desk - there is a smallish sign that says "RA" next to it.
Old May 3, 2011, 3:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Originally Posted by milepig
When you face the registration area look forward the left and you will see their VIP desk - there is a smallish sign that says "RA" next to it.
Thank you very much for your advise. Btw nice check-in lady told me that you can check in to Venetian from Palazzo VIP lounge and visa versa.
Old May 3, 2011, 4:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold for life
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Don't have all four guests enter the lounge at the same time.

Access is by 'flashing' a special color coded (or striped) key.

Be aware, that 'by the book' Prestige Lounge Access is ONLY for two guests. As above, it's easy to 'get around' --- but, YMMV, since things can become more strict at any time (and, the terms/conditions are very clear).
Awesome, thanks! I guess worse case scenerio is we'd just have to pay extra. Is there someone at the door to the lounge checking guests in, or checking access to the lounge in addition to the key card?
Old May 3, 2011, 4:39 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by azepine00
how was it booked?
I booked it through a Grazie email special offer. $129 for the night and got some extra vouchers to use in the hotel.

Regards
AKS120
Old May 3, 2011, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aks120
I booked it through a Grazie email special offer. $129 for the night and got some extra vouchers to use in the hotel.

Regards
AKS120
So when you called/emailed PC/AMB to manually credit this, they could find that stay in the system (and you did not have to fax your folio) - right?

I had one booked via third party channel which despite adding my # did not post. I would like to see it in at least as "ineligible" stay for the sake of CtC, or of course, preferably take advantage of confusion and get full points/credits.
(on a related note third party booking and a friendly FD agent saved me $150 so i am not complaining )
Old May 3, 2011, 7:14 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by CIAO LAX
Awesome, thanks! I guess worse case scenerio is we'd just have to pay extra. Is there someone at the door to the lounge checking guests in, or checking access to the lounge in addition to the key card?
You flash the (room) card and smile But, I haven't been there since 2010.

I cancelled my reservation for Palazzo this weekend, since I got a better offer at a different property.
Old May 4, 2011, 6:24 am

Looks like things are starting to settle down with their systems - my reservation for June is now showing the upgrade (Vegas View room rather than standard room I had booked).
Old May 6, 2011, 7:07 pm

still no 1000 points for RA at these hotels? (I mean just base 2000+1000PLT). And no ambassador accelerator?
Old May 7, 2011, 8:13 pm

Programs: PC Royal Amb
Looks like the standard upgrade from Luxury is Luxury View. Has anyone booked a Luxury View and gotten a better upgrade, i.e., Fortuna or Prestige Luxury?
Old May 8, 2011, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Just got back from the Venetian. Had a excellent stay and no complaints at all. The check in agent knew of all the benefits and explained them to me at check in. Excellent mini bar which was refilled daily and nothing added to the bill.

Not sure what upgrade I got as I booked via the IC website and it was quite confusing as they don't tell you what suite you will get. Used a BOGO without any problems and excellent value as Saturdays are the most expensive day in Vegas and I got that free ^^
Old May 8, 2011, 1:10 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by lallyr
Just got back from the Venetian. Had a excellent stay and no complaints at all. The check in agent knew of all the benefits and explained them to me at check in. Excellent mini bar which was refilled daily and nothing added to the bill.

Not sure what upgrade I got as I booked via the IC website and it was quite confusing as they don't tell you what suite you will get. Used a BOGO without any problems and excellent value as Saturdays are the most expensive day in Vegas and I got that free ^^
great
Did you receive a suite upgrade?
Old May 8, 2011, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
great
Did you receive a suite upgrade?
So am I.

I think I did as I booked a Bella Suite and got upgraded to a Bella View which according to the IC website is 2 levels higher then the Bella non view with the Luxury comfort coming in between them.

Anyway my friend was staying in a Rialto which is the next level higher then the Bella's and to be honest with you it was 99% the same aside from a bigger entrance area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.