Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC The Palazzo Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2011, 8:10 pm

Programs: PC Royal Amb
Carsten,

Was your stay a Reward Night or a paid stay?
Old Apr 9, 2011, 8:46 pm

Is there such a thing as a Prestige Luxury View?

Just from seeing the different room offers when I browse dates I would think an upgrade from a Prestige Luxury would be Prestige Fortuna, if you wanted to stick to a King bed.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
Thanks for the heads up on this. The prestige concierge sent me an email asking if they could help with anything for my stay and I'm going to ask them to check if my RA# is on the reservation and to verify RA benefits will apply on this stay. If they reply - yes to both - in email then I'm going to take the risk with it.

If they can't confirm they do, then I owe you a big thankyou and will rebook from the PC web site. Has anyone tried reserving on the IC web site for a prestige room? I didn't see it as an option? Or alternately, has anyone reserved a non-presetige room on IC.com then called and asked to pay extra for a prestige room (Eg; lounge access)?
I had booked directly through V a few months back and contacted them via email last week to add my RA number. Got a confirmation from them about all the RA perks that will apply to my booking. ^

Just send them a email. They will add your RA number to your V booking.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 4:00 am

Programs: ba miles
Sorry to be thick, but I am confused

what is the difference between the two hotels? they are the same address, and same price

I want to book 5 nights in October, am a RA and I like Club lounge - which hotel do I want? and which room?

The rooms on IHG only have size and not the name of the room like the hotel webisite has

sorry if it has been answered
Old Apr 10, 2011, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by chipsodg
Sorry to be thick, but I am confused

what is the difference between the two hotels?
Not much but Venetian is 10 years older and rooms are getting a bit worn,
reason enough for choosing the Palazzo
Old Apr 10, 2011, 5:47 am

Anybody else having a problem in seeing available types of rooms besides Luxury (King 720), Bella (QQ 720), Luxury View (King 720 Vegas View), and Bella View (QQ 720 Vegas View) on the IC Ambassador site? I don't see any of the Prestige suites or the Fortuna.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 8:14 am

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
Originally Posted by lallyr
I had booked directly through V a few months back and contacted them via email last week to add my RA number. Got a confirmation from them about all the RA perks that will apply to my booking. ^

Just send them a email. They will add your RA number to your V booking.
hope this works -please report after stay. "specially trained" IC agents say not so. I only inquired about Palazzo (would think Venetian same) where they insisted RA perks only apply if direct book trough IC
Old Apr 10, 2011, 10:24 am

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Yup - me too. Not sure why they don't include the others.
Maybe this is a way around getting too much traffic with the IC affiliation competing with their internal awards/stay program?

Originally Posted by MattGreenfield
Anybody else having a problem in seeing available types of rooms besides Luxury (King 720), Bella (QQ 720), Luxury View (King 720 Vegas View), and Bella View (QQ 720 Vegas View) on the IC Ambassador site? I don't see any of the Prestige suites or the Fortuna.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by caz312
1) the Palazzo should be giving the Ambassador benefits - as it is new to the group we are collecting the experiences of people that have just been or are there.
2) not aware of status match for Ambassador - you buy Ambassador either with Priority Club points or $s

re rates - don't believe there are any preferential rates for being Ambassador but with the upgrade you in theory are paying a lower rate for what you get
Hi

Thanks Caz312, I am MR Plat so think I am able to get status match for equivalent IC Diamnond? Wondered how long this match would be for?
Old Apr 10, 2011, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by ukswift88
Hi

Thanks Caz312, I am MR Plat so think I am able to get status match for equivalent IC Diamnond? Wondered how long this match would be for?
There is no Diamond. That is Hilton not Intercontinental I believe.

The ICH Group has 2 programs - Priority Club which will earn and redeem points at all ICH brands and comes in blue, silver, gold and platinum and anyone can sign up and earn. Perks vary by brand but Intercontinental hotels tend not to give much notice of PC status

Then there is Ambassador which also earns and redeems at all ICH brands but is recognised by Intercontinental Hotels for upgrade/late checkout etc. There are 2 versions. Ambassador and Royal Ambassador. Ambassador you buy and Royal Ambassador is by invite for those that spend a lot of nights in IC hotels or are referred by another RA.

If you buy Ambassador you automatically become Priority Club gold as part of it.

You may get a status match to Priority Club but it will not be recognised at IC hotels for benefits

Last edited by caz312; Apr 10, 2011 at 1:29 pm
Old Apr 10, 2011, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
Yup - me too. Not sure why they don't include the others.
Maybe this is a way around getting too much traffic with the IC affiliation competing with their internal awards/stay program?
Yeah but the whole point of V/P affiliating with IHG is to get that traffic. V/P treating Priority Club members, Ambassadors, and Royal Ambassadors as second-class guests defeats the whole purpose.

You can go to Orbitz, or any travel site, or even the Palazzo site itself and book a Prestige or Fortuna suite. The Luxury and Bella suites there are priced the same as on the IC Ambassador site so what's the point of not showing Prestige suites?
Old Apr 10, 2011, 5:29 pm

And it's not like the Prestige suites are not being listed because they are going to be the upgrade everyone gets. Post #173 states the upgrade for a RA was from a Luxury to Luxury View.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 8:20 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Originally Posted by caz312
The ICH Group has 2 programs - Priority Club which will earn and redeem points at all ICH brands and comes in blue, silver, gold and platinum and anyone can sign up and earn.
There is no Silver elite level in IHG Priority Club Rewards.

Only Gold Elite and Platinum Elite. The basic, non-elite level is called "Club Level".
Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite
I think ICH would status matchme to Platinum, but would I get any perks at the hotel? And how long does the status match last?

The main aim would be room upgrade and LATE CHECK-OUT - are these guaranteed with Platinum? Or does Ambassador guarantee late check-out?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 1:21 pm

Since V/P is an Intercontinental Alliance Resort for room upgrade and late check-out you need Ambassador status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.