IC: SAMUI BAAN TALING NGAM RESORT -Thailand

Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Sounds like they opened it too early. It is very bad if you open a resort when it is not finished. I understand if they would be doing some minor work but not having a gym and spa?

Last edited by holtju2; Feb 20, 2012 at 2:12 am Reason: typo
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:50 am

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
This is what the GM send me when we made our booking.

only the Spa will be temporarily but the rest of the Resort will be fully operating with hopefully high level of services

I really wondere if we made a good decission... it does not sound too good.

Beginn next week we'll arrive.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 1:16 am

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by navatwal
Im staying here now also an RA.

Can you confirm that airport pick-up for Royal Ambassador is free? As i was not advised of this and should have been

My room (villa on beach) has two minibars fully stocked with beers and a huge wine / champagne minibar, with two bottles of champagne, 4 types of white wine, 4 types of red, 2 rose etc.

I also have liquour with 20cl bottles of Chivas Regal, Beefeater Gin, Absolut Vodka, Hennessy etc and of course its all free for RA.

So the inconsistencies in service is not good, im dissapointed with levels of service and lack of restaurants and dining options.

Room service is terrible, all you get is cold food.

The hard product is awesome but staff and service is poor with poor organisation and communication.

The lack of gym and spa (especially on rainy days) is very dissapointing, contractors and noise everywhere also bot good.

Im sure this hotel will be awesome once fully open and service is sorted.
Did you figure out about transportation for RA?

It sounds strange to me by looking at the pictures of the minibar from EWR747 it must be a different room or minibar what you discriped and it's suppossed to be the same room.

@ everbody, did you ask for compensation or any free dinner offered for the inconvenience of this "early" opening?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 2:37 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I will have a word with them tomorrow regarding this.

If it rains you really are stuck.

I can honestly say that the hotel is awesome, and rooms and views are brilliant but dining options are limited as well as amenities.

The are contractors working everywhere.

On another note I highly reccomend a visit to the 5 Islands Restaurant next door, book with Concierge, they will collect you by car and drop you off.

Food is very good and much more reasonably priced than the IC, also they do massages and tours and the owner of the place (Colin) is a lovely guy who comes over and introduces himself and asks for feedback etc.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 4:33 am

I have two more questions:

how about the beach and the restaurant at the beach? Price reasonable?
Chairs available at the beach?

Does the hotel offer a shuttle service to Chaweng?

Thanks!
Old Feb 20, 2012, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Does anyone here know the island well? I'm thinking of renting a car at the airport so I can tour around and see what's what. That way I won't have to deal with taxis or getting stuck if it rains. I might also stay at the W hotel too.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 6:13 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Im staying at W tomorrow night, i hear its an awesome hotel too.

Will let you know how it compares with IC.

Let me make this clear

The IC in Koh Samui Is beautiful, I highly recommend you come here, I have been to many resorts e.g IC Bali, Phuket Hilton etc and this beats them all.

It is very peaceful they only thing is it is not completed, no regrets coming here, I reccomend it highly and a beautiful peaceful setting.

This place is a must see!

Car hire is ok, id reccomend a scooter / moped to see the beautiful villages
Old Feb 20, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: lh sen
Im staying here now also an RA.

Can you confirm that airport pick-up for Royal Ambassador is free? As i was not advised of this and should have been

My room (villa on beach) has two minibars fully stocked with beers and a huge wine / champagne minibar, with two bottles of champagne, 4 types of white wine, 4 types of red, 2 rose etc.

I also have liquour with 20cl bottles of Chivas Regal, Beefeater Gin, Absolut Vodka, Hennessy etc and of course its all free for RA.

So the inconsistencies in service is not good, im dissapointed with levels of service and lack of restaurants and dining options.

Room service is terrible, all you get is cold food.

The hard product is awesome but staff and service is poor with poor organisation and communication.

The lack of gym and spa (especially on rainy days) is very dissapointing, contractors and noise everywhere also bot good.

Im sure this hotel will be awesome once fully open and service is sorted.
Congrat to you. I was informed at check-in that the transfer is free for RA. When I checked out (I had to wait 20 minutes as one guest was before me checking out) I heared (sorry for that) that he was offered the free transfer. When it came to my turn there were 2.400 thb on my bill for the transfer. I asked how it comes and the amount was deducted.

I had as well a special wine fridge in the cliff villa but was informed that only the small mini bar is free. We had one 200 ml bottle of Absolut and were charged 950 ++ thb.

So the rules are depending on the day ...
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:28 am

It will be an interesting check-out then.

All Alcoholic beverages in mini bar are free, so I am most def not paying for the bottle of champer I opened last night ( i hate champers by the way).

Free transfer for RA will do me good, thanks again!
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:37 am

Im staying at W tomorrow night, i hear its an awesome hotel too.

Will let you know how it compares with IC.

Let me make this clear

The IC in Koh Samui Is beautiful, I highly recommend you come here, I have been to many resorts e.g IC Bali, Phuket Hilton etc and this beats them all.

It is very peaceful they only thing is it is not completed, no regrets coming here, I reccomend it highly and a beautiful peaceful setting.

This place is a must see!

Car hire is ok, id reccomend a scooter / moped to see the beautiful villages

I agree totally with you. The resort is excellent and in four or six weeks all the work will be finished. The sunset is really a must seen and the excellent dj they have from 6 pm to 11 pm should be mentioned.

Very good advice with the restaurant nearby. Was the name Fire Island?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by fred8ab
I have two more questions:

how about the beach and the restaurant at the beach? Price reasonable?
Chairs available at the beach?

Does the hotel offer a shuttle service to Chaweng?

Thanks!
Three times a day is a shuttle to Chaweng last leaving at 5 pm and returning from Chaweng at 6 pm. A taxi is 1.000 thb to Chaweng and it takes around 45 to 50 minutes.

The beach is not yet in perfect condition. Mr. Arnoud, the GM, told us that they have ordered a cleaning of the sand, there are stones and concrete and even glass from the construction side.

Compensation was not offered but the GM send a bottle of white wine to our room.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:56 am

Programs: IC RA, LH SEN, SPG G
cliff villa???

Originally Posted by carpetbagger
Congrat to you. I was informed at check-in that the transfer is free for RA. When I checked out (I had to wait 20 minutes as one guest was before me checking out) I heared (sorry for that) that he was offered the free transfer. When it came to my turn there were 2.400 thb on my bill for the transfer. I asked how it comes and the amount was deducted.

I had as well a special wine fridge in the cliff villa but was informed that only the small mini bar is free. We had one 200 ml bottle of Absolut and were charged 950 ++ thb.

So the rules are depending on the day ...
you just mentioned cliff villa: I've booked a 2-bedroom "panoramic" cliff-villa, since we'd rather prefer to be on the cliff (for view) than on the beach; is it worth? it says there is a "semi-private" pool - what does it exactly mean? do you have some pictures/description of the cliff-villas?

thanks, toni!
Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:22 am

The first night we stayed at a cliff villa but we had no seaview. The room was a little bit more spacious then the room in the main building but the terrace with day bed with the standard room was better for us. In plus the cliff villa was smelling fresh colour and we were in the middle of the construction. In one month it should be finished.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:16 am

Last question, is there some free parking space available?
Maybe we take a car. I know Samui is not too big but in
order to be flexible it might be a good idea. The rates are
resonable.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 3:44 am

Checked in to W Retreat in Samui today.

In a tropical Villa with Private Swimming pool.

Ill be honest the W is awesome but I miss the IC, I guess it is the setting of the lobby and Cliff which are truely spectacular.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.