New Orleans Hotel Indigo Still Open?

Old Aug 18, 11, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Amb
New Orleans Hotel Indigo Still Open?

I've put in several dates looking for what a sample night might cost at the Hotel Indigo in New Orleans and it has said no availability each and every time. Even on a night you couldn't book until today! Anyone ever stay there or have a reservation?
Old Aug 18, 11, 2:39 pm

Programs: AS 75K, AA Gold, IC Plat AMB, CC Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt PLT...belong to most others but no status
Originally Posted by PixieStyx View Post
I've put in several dates looking for what a sample night might cost at the Hotel Indigo in New Orleans and it has said no availability each and every time. Even on a night you couldn't book until today! Anyone ever stay there or have a reservation?
It was scheduled to open this summer -- though the Indigo site doesn't give any further details on an actual opening date and bookings out as far as Dec don't show any availability. Maybe call CS and see if they can help?
Old Aug 19, 11, 5:27 pm

i am in nola every week, and first i heard of the indigo... the ic is okay, good value for an ic property. cp has a better location
Old Jan 19, 12, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Wondering if anyone has heard any updates on a possible opening for this property?
Old Jan 19, 12, 10:07 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Plat, VS Silver
It has now opened, but not as an Indigo. It is now called the Saint Hotel.

http://www.thesainthotelneworleans.com/
Old Feb 8, 12, 11:01 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Plat, VS Silver
Originally Posted by davidw70 View Post
It has now opened, but not as an Indigo. It is now called the Saint Hotel.

http://www.thesainthotelneworleans.com/
Despite the fact this hotel is still listed on hotelindigo.com (but then errors), the Saint Hotel has just become part of Marriott Autograph Collection, so looks like this is not going to be an IHG property.
Old Mar 15, 13, 4:31 pm

Hotel Indigo is now open in New Orleans

Although the Saint Hotel was at one time going to be an Indigo, the new Hotel Indigo in New Orleans is now open and it is located on St. Charles Avenue in the Garden District of New Orleans.

(It used to be the Garden District Hotel.)
Old Jan 6, 17, 7:46 am

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Whatever, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
Seems to be no reviews on this property, so I will add one. Did a one-night stay upon arrival late into MSY, as I wanted to be close to the Avenue Pub on our first night there. It's about a 5-10 minute walk down St. Charles, or you can grow old waiting for the streetcar both ways if you like.

I'm not sure what it is, but every time I arrive at a hotel, regardless of brand, after 12 PM midnight, it's just a cavalcade of incompetence. I guess most properties put their C or D team on duty overnights. We stood outside the (locked) sliding glass door until someone figured out we were trying to check in. The front desk clerk eventually appeared after about 5 minutes of us just standing around the lobby.

When she finally showed up, was recognized as a Platinum member, great, 600 welcome points posted even before we arrived at the hotel, which was amazing. We had booked a rate with breakfast included via the IHG website, but the clerk insisted we had no breakfast over and over again. Said we had a 2 double room with no breakfast; I had to show her my phone with the confirmation that we had booked a 1 king with breakfast included. It was eventually straightened out. I just can't stand arguing with hotels.

Our room was very nice; first time at an Indigo, used to Hyatts, and we were quite impressed. I'm making the exodus from Hyatt to IHG next year and will be seeking out Indigos in the future. The only bad thing was a loud, whiny dog in the room right next to us. Back down to check-in, yay! Same associate argued with me AGAIN, saying "No, the people in 417 don't have a dog." Well, I have no idea what kind of animal I'm hearing from that very room, then. After more arguing, "Well, maybe they snuck one in" DING DING DING - you think? We were eventually moved.

Location great, (both) rooms were nice, service was pretty terrible.
Old Jun 7, 18, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by nineworldseries View Post
Seems to be no reviews on this property, so I will add one. Did a one-night stay upon arrival late into MSY, as I wanted to be close to the Avenue Pub on our first night there. It's about a 5-10 minute walk down St. Charles, or you can grow old waiting for the streetcar both ways if you like.

I'm not sure what it is, but every time I arrive at a hotel, regardless of brand, after 12 PM midnight, it's just a cavalcade of incompetence. I guess most properties put their C or D team on duty overnights. We stood outside the (locked) sliding glass door until someone figured out we were trying to check in. The front desk clerk eventually appeared after about 5 minutes of us just standing around the lobby.

When she finally showed up, was recognized as a Platinum member, great, 600 welcome points posted even before we arrived at the hotel, which was amazing. We had booked a rate with breakfast included via the IHG website, but the clerk insisted we had no breakfast over and over again. Said we had a 2 double room with no breakfast; I had to show her my phone with the confirmation that we had booked a 1 king with breakfast included. It was eventually straightened out. I just can't stand arguing with hotels.

Our room was very nice; first time at an Indigo, used to Hyatts, and we were quite impressed. I'm making the exodus from Hyatt to IHG next year and will be seeking out Indigos in the future. The only bad thing was a loud, whiny dog in the room right next to us. Back down to check-in, yay! Same associate argued with me AGAIN, saying "No, the people in 417 don't have a dog." Well, I have no idea what kind of animal I'm hearing from that very room, then. After more arguing, "Well, maybe they snuck one in" DING DING DING - you think? We were eventually moved.

Location great, (both) rooms were nice, service was pretty terrible.
I stayed there about a month before you did. I checked in with the A team and had no issues. Parking can be a problem. Small lot behind the property. Street parking nearby but I don't know if you're taking a chance with that. I had a couple beers and a meal at the bar and was pleased. The room was standard Indigo; large tiled shower, composite flooring, Keurig but no fridge. It's a bit of a walk, maybe 2 miles to the FQ but I enjoyed it and took a Sunday morning stroll through the Garden District. I guess I was fortunate that I caught the street car both ways the flowing day without much of a wait.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: