FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Annual Free Night Cert from IHG (Rewards Club) Visa / Mastercard (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1232030-annual-free-night-cert-ihg-rewards-club-visa-mastercard.html)

Happy Jun 30, 2011 6:52 pm

Annual Free Night Cert from IHG (Rewards Club) Visa / Mastercard

We should soon see the Annual Free Night Certs for the first wave of cardholders who applied the then new PC card last July.

I would like to start this thread as a depository thread for folks to post their experiences in receiving such and redeeming such.

Please use this thread to share your experiences, particularly your experiences in redeeming it.

Thank you all.

BergerPHL Jun 30, 2011 8:17 pm

I got mine last week, it comes in the form of an e-mail, so keep an eye on your inbox. The e-mail title is: Celebrate Your Anniversary with a Free Night On Us

mnredfox Jun 30, 2011 9:31 pm

Good news. Is there an expiration on these? Any other limitations? Does there need to be reward inventory? Any word on benefits for RA's if used at IC's?

soitgoes Jul 1, 2011 6:35 pm

I haven't gotten mine yet, but they are supposed to expire one year from the date of issue. I suspect they basically use IVANI award inventory (like they did with the other Free Night promos).

1 Free Night Certificate:
Please allow 6 to 8 weeks from your account anniversary date each year for the Anniversary Free Night e-certificate to be emailed to you. ("Anniversary" is the date that is twelve months after your enrollment date, and the same date each twelve months thereafter.) Annual fee applies after the first year. For pricing details, please see Pricing & Terms. Chase may close your credit card account or suspend your right to use your credit card account, at any time for any reason, including account inactivity. A valid email address is required in order to receive your Anniversary Free Night e-certificate. The e-certificate will be emailed to the address that is on the Priority Club Member Profile at that time. You must maintain a current, valid email address in your Member Profile and opt in to receive Priority Club e-communications in order to receive the Anniversary Free Night e-certificate. Anniversary Free Night e-certificate is valid at hotels in the Priority Club Rewards Family of Brands and must be redeemed within 12 months from date of issue. Free Night e-certificate reservations may not be made at All Inclusive hotels. Free Night e-certificates are valid for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes only. Rooms are limited, subject to prior sale and availability of allocated resources and may be unavailable during high demand periods. All reservations that will utilize the Anniversary Free Night e-certificate must be booked by calling the Priority Club Service Center at 888-211-9874. You must present the e-certificate at check in either in printed format or on your mobile device. E-Certificates may not be transferred, extended beyond the expiration date, redeemed for cash, or re-credited for points. Individual hotels cancellation policy applies to the use of the e-certificate. Cancellation fees apply if cancellation is made outside of the hotel's cancellation time period. Anniversary Free Night e-certificate rules and regulations are subject to change. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment.

soitgoes Jul 1, 2011 6:46 pm

BTW, I did get an email last month reminding me to be on the look out on my anniversary date for the certificate:

Your Anniversary
IS ALMOST HERE — 07/XX/2011
Dear X,
You're entitled to one Free Night at any of our hotels
worldwide, every year on your Priority Club® Select Visa®
enrollment anniversary. It's just one of the privileges of
being a cardholder. So, what will you do with yours?
You'll receive your Free Night e-Certificate via email the
week of your anniversary date. Have fun!
Earn your way. Redeem your way.

Annual Free Night worldwide.

Automatic 10% rebate on all Priority Club Rewards
point redemptions.

Earn 5 points per $1 spent at all of our hotels.

Earn 2 points per $1 spent on gas, groceries and dining.

Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all additional purchases.

No foreign transaction fee.

Complimentary Gold Elite status as long as you remain
a Priority Club Select Visa card member.

factory81 Jul 1, 2011 7:11 pm

I feel like quite the cool guy. Receiving an 80k offer for the PC Visa. Having platinum membership already established (now I get to extend my platinum membership for free)......

Now just to see what kind of hotels you guys are staying in with that free night....

northshorepa Jul 2, 2011 6:52 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox (Post 16654811)
Good news. Is there an expiration on these? Any other limitations? Does there need to be reward inventory? Any word on benefits for RA's if used at IC's?

Expiration is 1 year from date of issue...below is the email I received.

Dear Flyer Talker,

Congratulations! As a valued Priority Club® Select Visa® cardmember, you have earned a Free Night1 at any of our more than 4,500 hotels worldwide.

Here's how to book your Free Night:

1. Call 1-877-318-5890.
2. Tell the agent you'd like to book your Free Night.
3. Choose your hotel.
4. Enjoy your stay.

Free Night Certificate Expiration Date: 06/27/2012

T&Cs:
1. Free Night - Anniversary Free Night e-certificate is valid at hotels in the Priority Club Rewards Family of Brands and must be redeemed, and stay must be completed, within 12 months from date of issue. Anniversary Free Night e-certificates are valid for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes only. Rooms are limited, subject to prior sale and availability of allocated resources and may be unavailable during high demand periods. All reservations that will utilize the Anniversary Free Night e-certificate must be booked by calling the Priority Club Service center at 877-318-5890. E-certificates may not be transferred, extended beyond the expiration date, redeemed for cash, or re-credited for points. Individual hotel's cancellation policy applies to the use of the e-certificate. Cancellation fees apply if cancellation is made outside of the hotel's cancellation time period. Anniversary Free Night e-certificate rules and regulations are subject to change. Chase is no t responsible for offer fulfillment.

NJUPINTHEAIR Jul 2, 2011 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by northshorepa (Post 16660825)
Expiration is 1 year from date of issue...below is the email I received.

Dear Flyer Talker,

Congratulations! As a valued Priority Club® Select Visa® cardmember, you have earned a Free Night1 at any of our more than 4,500 hotels worldwide.

Here's how to book your Free Night:

1. Call 1-877-318-5890.
2. Tell the agent you'd like to book your Free Night.
3. Choose your hotel.
4. Enjoy your stay.

Free Night Certificate Expiration Date: 06/27/2012

T&Cs:
1. Free Night - Anniversary Free Night e-certificate is valid at hotels in the Priority Club Rewards Family of Brands and must be redeemed, and stay must be completed, within 12 months from date of issue. Anniversary Free Night e-certificates are valid for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes only. Rooms are limited, subject to prior sale and availability of allocated resources and may be unavailable during high demand periods. All reservations that will utilize the Anniversary Free Night e-certificate must be booked by calling the Priority Club Service center at 877-318-5890. E-certificates may not be transferred, extended beyond the expiration date, redeemed for cash, or re-credited for points. Individual hotel's cancellation policy applies to the use of the e-certificate. Cancellation fees apply if cancellation is made outside of the hotel's cancellation time period. Anniversary Free Night e-certificate rules and regulations are subject to change. Chase is no t responsible for offer fulfillment.

One year is great! The Marriott Rewards Visa by Chase has a 6 month expiration.

Happy Jul 2, 2011 8:26 pm

Is there a code for the Free Night Cert?

How such booking is identified in the reservation system?

I assume one must hand the print out of the Free Night Cert to the clerk at check-in.

Happy Jul 2, 2011 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR (Post 16662395)
One year is great! The Marriott Rewards Visa by Chase has a 6 month expiration.

However Marriott's cert is deposited in your account and you can use it online, no need to call to book. Hotel automatically receives the e-cert at booking. Your reservation online is clearly notated with the e-cert.

Somehow I envision we will see posts of hiccups in using this Free Night Cert that must be booked via calling.

northshorepa Jul 2, 2011 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 16663418)
How such booking is identified in the reservation system?

I assume one must hand the print out of the Free Night Cert to the clerk at check-in.

No need to turn anything into the front desk. Once you book by phone, it is treated the same as any other reservation. ID will probably be required though.

soitgoes Jul 2, 2011 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by northshorepa (Post 16663657)
No need to turn anything into the front desk. Once you book by phone, it is treated the same as any other reservation. ID will probably be required though.

Some versions of the terms include: "You must present the e-certificate at check in either in printed format or on your mobile device." It can't hurt to be prepared to do so. (As with F&F, most hotels might not ask, but a few might.)

soitgoes Jul 2, 2011 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 16663427)
Somehow I envision we will see posts of hiccups in using this Free Night Cert that must be booked via calling.

Yes...the well-meaning Philippine agents aren't always the best communicators.

mnredfox Jul 2, 2011 11:08 pm

But it's not clear (yet) if that a std room needs to be available for booking, or for award booking.

soitgoes Jul 3, 2011 1:11 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox (Post 16663784)
But it's not clear (yet) if that a std room needs to be available for booking, or for award booking.

According to an IC hotel revenue manager I asked, hotels will be reimbursed at reward night rates. Thus, I expect that like the other Free Night promos PCR has run, availability for the cert will basically mirror reward night (IVANI) availability.