Search

CP Bangkok Lumpini Park (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2011, 10:21 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
CP Bangkok Lumpini Park (Master Thread)

Before I step out of my comfort zone of the old and familiar in Bangkok, I'd appreciate some comments from anyone who's stayed at the Crowne Plaza.

I found some discussions here on the opening, but not much more.

Cheers!

Last edited by FLYGVA; Nov 4, 2013 at 11:52 am
Old May 13, 2011, 1:22 am

depends what you want Ian it's next door to patpong, so lots of resturants etc in walking distance, but also lot of sex related business.

hotel it'self is designed well enough, breakfast is good, rooms are nice not much more you can say

it's designed as a business hotel primarily, so you'll not get the trappings of something along the river - or the IC in the square. but as a base to explore fine.
Old May 15, 2011, 4:22 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Unless I needed/wanted to be in that area I dont see any reason to book that property over the HI Ploenchit.
Old May 15, 2011, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
We booked one night in Jul in K Club room. Will report back on our return. Now if only the CP in HK was reasonable.
Old May 16, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
I use to stay at this hotel when it was Pan Pacific often. I'm currently in the hotel now, first time since it switched from Pan Pacific. Happy to say it still is one of my favorite hotels in Bangkok. The service is amazing, rooms nice, good price, and the location can't be beat. I MUCH rather stay in Silom over Sukhumvit, and the river, it is closer to everything I like to do in Bangkok. As previously mentioned, it is a business hotel. I like that, very rarely do I see as many children at this property as I do other hotels.

Last edited by Penguinmoon; May 16, 2011 at 7:26 pm Reason: spelling
Old May 16, 2011, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
I use to stay at this hotel when it was Pan Pacific often. I'm currently in the hotel now, first time since it switched to Pan Pacific. Happy to say it still is one of my favorite hotels in Bangkok. The service is amazing, rooms nice, good price, and the location can't be beat. I MUCH rather stay in Silom over Sukhumvit, and the river, it is closer to everything I like to do in Bangkok. As previously mentioned, it is a business hotel. I like that, very rarely do I see as many children at this property as I do other hotels.
How far is it from Siam Sq or the IC.
Old May 16, 2011, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
How far is it from Siam Sq or the IC.
15 to 20 minutes by rail. Maybe the same by taxi, depending on the traffic.
Old May 16, 2011, 8:25 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
15 to 20 minutes by rail. Maybe the same by taxi, depending on the traffic.
I think 15-20 minutes by rail is a bit much. It is just like 2 stops from SalaDaeng to Siam and that definitely should not be much more than 5 minutes.....once you are on the train of course. This property is in a good location in relation to the BTS as memory serves. I would say your timing is correct for a taxi trip, depending on traffic of course.
Old May 17, 2011, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by mcgahat
I think 15-20 minutes by rail is a bit much. It is just like 2 stops from SalaDaeng to Siam and that definitely should not be much more than 5 minutes.....once you are on the train of course. This property is in a good location in relation to the BTS as memory serves. I would say your timing is correct for a taxi trip, depending on traffic of course.
The poster asked how far it was from the hotel, not once he got to the train..... By the time you walk to the train, purchase a ticket, and ride, I think 15-20 minutes is a good estimation.
Old May 17, 2011, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The poster asked how far it was from the hotel, not once he got to the train..... By the time you walk to the train, purchase a ticket, and ride, I think 15-20 minutes is a good estimation.
The reason why I ask is because I am used to staying in the HI or IC and this time opted for CP, also due to a knee replacement surgery(been 3 months now) was worried about the walk to the subway.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 7:54 am

Does anyone know if internet is inclusive for Exec (Club) rooms? Are Platinums typically upgraded to Exec rooms?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Internet is included but we had a hard time connecting wirelessly.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 3:26 am

As a Platinum, I was upgraded to a Junior Suite (complimentary in-room wifi) but no club access or breakfast.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 5:51 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
As a Platinum, I was upgraded to a Junior Suite (complimentary in-room wifi) but no club access or breakfast.
Did you book the cheapest rooom or Deluxe room?
Old Aug 29, 2011, 9:06 pm

I booked a deluxe room, not the lowest category (Superior). At check-in, I was told as a Plat, I'd get a one category upgrade -- that would mean to Club, as category is: SUPERIOR - DELUXE - CLUB - JUNIOR SUITE.

I specifically asked if I could get club access and was denied. I was, frankly, surprised.

The restaurant off-the-lobby was deserted. They were offering 50% off menu prices for hotel residents. I was the only one dining for about 1 hour. Pretty sad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.