Search

IC Kuala Lumpur (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2010, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
IC Kuala Lumpur (Master Thread)

Interesting news!

I never expected IC to enter Kuala Lumpur market. I should try their room on their opening.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:12 am
kkl

anyone know the difference between deluxe n premier rooms?
Old Jan 21, 2011, 10:02 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Has anyone contacted the hotel yet about upgrade policy?
Old Feb 7, 2011, 6:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
I received this response to an enquiry about RA upgrades:

"Warmest greetings from InterContinental Kuala Lumpur!

First of all, I would like to thank you for considering our hotel for your stay in Kuala Lumpur.

We recognize all the Ambassador benefit in our hotel, however all hotels have their own upgrade guideline. In our hotel, we are glad to upgrade Royal Ambassador to Club Room (Room upgrade only without Club floor benefit) regardless you book a Deluxe or Premier room.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have further enquiries.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chin Yoon Li
Guest Relations Manager"

Not sure what the difference is between a Club Room and a Deluxe or Premier Room. Whatever, there's no Club access.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Wan1dap
Not sure what the difference is between a Club Room and a Deluxe or Premier Room. Whatever, there's no Club access.
At a guess - nothing!

I've had upgrades like this as Plat in Crowne Plazas but in IC's RA's should get club access or a suite.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 5:37 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by layz
At a guess - nothing!

I've had upgrades like this as Plat in Crowne Plazas but in IC's RA's should get club access or a suite.
I had an overnight stay there as an Ambassador (no Royal here), and as best as I could make out, the TV's are bigger! There may be some amenity differences, but wasn't around long enough to check it all out. Cupcakes for the turn down service are a nice change from chocolates!

Plenty of mineral water, gift was a small art piece from archcollection.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I pretty much always get Club access, but I NEVER ask about it in advance. Personally I think that is a bad idea. But that's just me.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
I received this response to an enquiry about RA upgrades:

"Warmest greetings from InterContinental Kuala Lumpur!

First of all, I would like to thank you for considering our hotel for your stay in Kuala Lumpur.

We recognize all the Ambassador benefit in our hotel, however all hotels have their own upgrade guideline. In our hotel, we are glad to upgrade Royal Ambassador to Club Room (Room upgrade only without Club floor benefit) regardless you book a Deluxe or Premier room.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have further enquiries.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chin Yoon Li
Guest Relations Manager"

That policy is clearly against T&Cs and the service center's directive that a club room upgrade has to include club access. Hotels cannot "have their own upgrade guidline".

That said, I'd politely tell Mr. Li this and escalate to the service center if they don't offer better (i.e. in line with T&Cs). Eventually, this is a new IC so they may still have some issues.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 5:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
That policy is clearly against T&Cs and the service center's directive that a club room upgrade has to include club access. Hotels cannot "have their own upgrade guidline".

That said, I'd politely tell Mr. Li this and escalate to the service center if they don't offer better (i.e. in line with T&Cs). Eventually, this is a new IC so they may still have some issues.
I have engaged Mr Chin in further electronic dialogue, wherein I quoted the relevant clause from the RA T&Cs. I await his reply with interest and shall update you thereupon...
Old Feb 8, 2011, 10:35 pm
Suspended

... and here it is... I think we're back on track.

"Thanks a lot for your feedback on this matter.

We are now in the process of knowing all the IC guests especially the Ambassador, I am now compiling upgrade policy of all the IC and our management has just decided as below,

Deluxe or Premier room – upgrade to Club room with club benefit.
Club Room – upgrade to Executive Suite with club benefit

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please accept my sincere apology on not manage to inform you immediately."
Old Feb 9, 2011, 2:53 am

Good news ...

I just came here to post what they sent me about a week ago regarding the policy.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 3:20 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
... and here it is... I think we're back on track.

"Thanks a lot for your feedback on this matter.

We are now in the process of knowing all the IC guests especially the Ambassador, I am now compiling upgrade policy of all the IC and our management has just decided as below,

Deluxe or Premier room – upgrade to Club room with club benefit.
Club Room – upgrade to Executive Suite with club benefit

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please accept my sincere apology on not manage to inform you immediately."
So this is for RA's only? or Ambassadors too?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 9:12 pm

Any more news ?

Experiences?
Old Mar 3, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, A-Club Plat
Originally Posted by davem4
Any more news ?

Experiences?
Well recently i had a overnight stay at IC KL,
as i'm just an Ambassador, not RA; upon verification, i get to know that upgrade details as following:

Deluxe Room entitle upgrade to Premier Room (without club lounge access)
Club Room entitle upgrade to Club Suite (with club lounge access)

If for RA who stay in IC KL,
They were entitled to a 2-level direct upgrade:
Deluxe Room - to Club Room with Club Lounge Access
Club Room - to Higher Floor Executive Suite with Club lounge Access.

The rate offered is surprisingly lower than Crowne Plaza which was just few blocks away.
The amenities and facility at the property is well maintained, overall stay experience is pretty great.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 4:18 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by whloh
Well recently i had a overnight stay at IC KL,
as i'm just an Ambassador, not RA; upon verification, i get to know that upgrade details as following:

Deluxe Room entitle upgrade to Premier Room (without club lounge access)
Club Room entitle upgrade to Club Suite (with club lounge access)

If for RA who stay in IC KL,
They were entitled to a 2-level direct upgrade:
Deluxe Room - to Club Room with Club Lounge Access
Club Room - to Higher Floor Executive Suite with Club lounge Access.

The rate offered is surprisingly lower than Crowne Plaza which was just few blocks away.
The amenities and facility at the property is well maintained, overall stay experience is pretty great.

Thanks for that. Wondering if an Amb books a Premier Room will he get a Club Room with lounge access or did I mix up the room categories? Not sure if it goes Deluxe, Premier, Club.

But then what rate did you see for the CP that the IC was cheaper? I checked IC and it is usually 350 MYR plus tax and service charge for lowest room category. I'm staying at CP for >30% less than that rate. (Ups I think that is due to our corp rate which also includes internet - just checked, never mind).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.