FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Indigo Glasgow (Master Thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1184909-indigo-glasgow-master-thread.html)

josmon10 May 5, 2011 3:15 am

Originally Posted by josmon10 (Post 15973154)
I've just come across their new website, and it says it's scheduled to open on 18 April, with bookings being taken from 2 May, so everything goes according to plan:

http://www.hotelindigoglasgow.com

Looks like the hotel opened as expected, and it's up to expectations:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._Scotland.html

layz May 5, 2011 10:39 am

If the reviews are anything to go on, it could make my current IHG hotel of choice in Glasgow (CP) see a lot less of me.

Good location, more modern rooms, free minibar in certain room categories, better TV's. Only drawback I can see is it doesn't have its own car park so if I hire a car it'll cost more to park it.

Bloobell May 18, 2011 3:34 am

Stayed at the Glasgow Indigo on Saturday and it was a fantastic stay.

Immaculate and tastefully decorated, although the room was a tad small but I wasn't in it very much anyway.

Staff are all beautifully raw and as a result could not have been nicer or more helpful.

Good location too and only £86 for a twin on F&F rate

Bloobell May 18, 2011 7:33 am

Just checked out some dates for this Hotel over the next few months and it looks like none of the F&F, 2-4-1 or 35% off weekend Rates are working for it?????????

golsquare Dec 5, 2011 4:40 pm

Hotel Indigo Glasgow

Had a one night weekend stay here recently. Curious to see why it is currently rated no 1 on TA in Glasgow.

First impressions, boutique style, lots of thought in the design and paintings. V walkable from central station. Reception staff were professional and friendly but despite showing the platinum card was not really acknowledged aside from 'oh yes you get a free newspaper'. Later email from hotel confirms that I should have received complimentary cocktail and upgrade if available.

Rooms - best described as cosy. Had to leave weekend trolley bag in hallway. Good points - good firm bed, large rain shower, nice toiletries and most interestingly (for a non RA) ... free minibar. apparently for all guests, not just platinums. Not bad, two small bottles of wine, two cans of beer, soft drinks and chocs, pringles and the piece de resistance - a Tunnocks tea cake.

Overall a decent stay in a good location. If you can get a good price then go for it. Is it no 1? imho there are better nearby.

martinrennard Dec 20, 2011 3:21 pm

Hotel Indigo Glasgow

I was there last week and fared a bit better. Stayed Sunday night. Got upgraded from Exec room to Superior - same size room but maybe some extras like bathrobes. I got 2 cocktail vouchers for being in Superior room plus 2 more for being Platinum. Cocktail choice wasnt brilliant - rum punch or mug of mulled wine but OK all the same.

Good breakfast - cooked to order - better than HI buffet.

Car park voucher for Q Park next door - reduces cost by 50% to £7.75. However if you get on an overnight meter and are away early you can load the meter for hours at 60p per 15 minutes

Nice hotel though - only been open since April 2011 - would stay again

pete330 Dec 23, 2011 9:49 am

What room did you book as free bar is an upgrade if it has beer and wine in it

normal rooms only have soft drinks

I stay here all the time

each guest gets a cocktail voucher for being a pcr member

pazza2000 Sep 4, 2012 5:19 am

Staying here next weekend on a very nice 2-4-1 rate. Can anybody tell me what I could expect as a Plat?

pete330 Sep 4, 2012 6:39 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000 (Post 19249120)
Staying here next weekend on a very nice 2-4-1 rate. Can anybody tell me what I could expect as a Plat?

As my last post above

if you are Plat and there is an upgrade room available you will get one
basically free mini bar (make sure you empty it every day)
free cocktail voucher per guest

pazza2000 Sep 6, 2012 4:52 am

Originally Posted by pete330 (Post 19249392)
basically free mini bar (make sure you empty it every day)

How did I miss this! Free Mini Bar as a PC Plat? Is it soft drinks only?

adobbing Jan 26, 2016 1:39 pm

Any recent experiences here?

What are the parking arrangements?

What is the breakfast offer and what price?

chrism20 Jan 26, 2016 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by adobbing (Post 26085100)
Any recent experiences here?

What are the parking arrangements?

What is the breakfast offer and what price?

I've been here three times since September.

Rooms are still in a good condition considering the hotel is now five or six years old and they are pretty good at upgrading although other than the mini bar I really don't notice much of a difference between the rooms tbh. If it's Colm checking you in you will definitely get an upgrade if you have status and there is one available.

QPark car park is next door and there is a discount offer with the hotel.

Breakfast menu can be found here. The menu says £14 but I am sure it is only £10 if you add it the night before/check-in. The breakfast though IMO is this hotels weak spot. I may have just been unlucky but the service can be haphazard (forgetful staff, running out of things etc). It's probably worth £10 but definitely not £14.

adobbing Jan 26, 2016 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by chrism20 (Post 26085225)
I've been here three times since September.

Rooms are still in a good condition considering the hotel is now five or six years old and they are pretty good at upgrading although other than the mini bar I really don't notice much of a difference between the rooms tbh. If it's Colm checking you in you will definitely get an upgrade if you have status and there is one available.

QPark car park is next door and there is a discount offer with the hotel.

Breakfast menu can be found here. The menu says £14 but I am sure it is only £10 if you add it the night before/check-in. The breakfast though IMO is this hotels weak spot. I may have just been unlucky but the service can be haphazard (forgetful staff, running out of things etc). It's probably worth £10 but definitely not £14.

Thanks for info!

Any idea what the discounted deal is with Q Park?

Looks interesting although midweek rates I looked at were a bit pricey.

Is the breakfast cooked to order or a buffet?
Did the Edinburgh Indigo the other week and that was cooked to order, nice but does add time on in the morning.

I've found a lot of IHG do offer a discount on breakfast if you pre book, £10 seems the going rate if pre booked, if not it's often anything from £12 to £17.

Might try the Crowne Plaza again, always used to be OK and seems to be available at £70ish mid week!

chrism20 Jan 26, 2016 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by adobbing (Post 26085335)
Thanks for info!

Any idea what the discounted deal is with Q Park?

Looks interesting although midweek rates I looked at were a bit pricey.

Is the breakfast cooked to order or a buffet?
Did the Edinburgh Indigo the other week and that was cooked to order, nice but does add time on in the morning.

I've found a lot of IHG do offer a discount on breakfast if you pre book, £10 seems the going rate if pre booked, if not it's often anything from £12 to £17.

Might try the Crowne Plaza again, always used to be OK and seems to be available at £70ish mid week!

I'm not 100% of the parking rate but I can't recall ever having to pay more than about £9. The car park is staffed 24/7 though and like most other Q-parks it's secure.

Breakfast is cook to order, I think all Indigos are actually. I can't remember seeing a buffet at any of the ones I have stayed at. The time thing is an issue, especially when they forget to place your order with the kitchen - which has happened twice.

Quality wise the Indigo is more luxurious than the CP, but the CP is more geared up for business if that makes sense. Breakfast is £10 with a voucher at the CP and depending on who is checking you out parking can also be free.

adobbing Jan 27, 2016 2:08 am

Originally Posted by chrism20 (Post 26086109)
I'm not 100% of the parking rate but I can't recall ever having to pay more than about £9. The car park is staffed 24/7 though and like most other Q-parks it's secure.

Breakfast is cook to order, I think all Indigos are actually. I can't remember seeing a buffet at any of the ones I have stayed at. The time thing is an issue, especially when they forget to place your order with the kitchen - which has happened twice.

Quality wise the Indigo is more luxurious than the CP, but the CP is more geared up for business if that makes sense. Breakfast is £10 with a voucher at the CP and depending on who is checking you out parking can also be free.

I've only stayed in 3 Indigo's; Liverpool, York and Edinburgh.
York and Edinburgh are cook to order, Liverpool used to be a buffet although that was a long time ago. I remember it being chaotic and badly organised on a Saturday morning and since then I've gone outside for breakfast.