Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Berlin Airport [SXF][BER] (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2011, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Holiday Inn Berlin Airport [SXF][BER] (Master Thread)

Shuttle bus courtesy phone near the information desk in Terminal C
Only 5 mins max away from terminal. Runs 24/7

S Bahn and bus station an easy undercover walk from the airport, the shuttle bus also stops\picks up from there.

Booked a business package Standard room that included breakfast and Internet 70Euros.

Told I was upgraded to an Executive room that gave me free Internet….
May be worth booking a lower room-though I did need the Internet so could not risk it.
Room was upgraded and included two free bottles of water.

No safe or ironing board in room. Stocked minibar
No bath, just shower.

Internet key given at reception did not work so had to ring for another.
Speed was OK, connection dropped out a couple of times but not for long.

Restaurant
Basic menu with some specials.
Hotel gets used for delayed passengers so did get rather full when I was there.
No podium at entrance so guest just wander in and look lost.
Staff seem to be a bit disorganised at seating and waiting. Saw several “lost” guests looking for tables and then waiting for service.
Staff polite and friendly though.
Breakfast-Good spread of cold buffet. Plenty of cereals, fruit, yoghurt and cold cuts.
Hot food a bit unappetising. Scrambled eggs from a packet, crispy bacon burnt to a cinder, various sausages and meatballs.

Staff told me the breakfast was not included-they sorted it via a ‘phone call to reception.

Check out.
Tried to charge me 85 Euro for the night, so I had to produce the confirmation print out that showed 70 Euros.

Overall a reasonable stay with the odd niggles of possible lack of staff training.
Excellent for a quick dash to the airport but with the ease of the train\bus into Berlin Mitte, maybe better options in the city.
I had an early start and heavy luggage so chose this easy option.

Last edited by blindman; Jan 11, 2011 at 4:15 am
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:25 am

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Are there any more recent updates on this hotel? Looking for a hotel before a very early flight out...

Thanks!

RD
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by retirementdreams
Are there any more recent updates on this hotel? Looking for a hotel before a very early flight out...

Thanks!

RD
It's a run-of-the-mill Holiday Inn. Absolutely nothing special, good or bad, about it. The selling point is the convenient location for the airport and the station.

If the price is right it's a great place for early departures.

But given the rail connection to the airport you might find better value, and certainly more diversion, in the city. Depends just how early your departure is.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Silver
Its a nice property. Free airport shuttle. As an IHG rewards club member I have always been upgraded to an exec room with free bottled water. very quiet. in the middle of nowhere. If your bored in the evening they have a very nice health club on top of the hotel with sauna, steam and relaxation area but be warned they don't allow swimming trunks!!! You have to go completely naked and its mixed sex, though was only men the evening that I used it which saved any further embarrassment! Ive always had an early start so never tried breakfast
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Flyingboy200
Its a nice property. Free airport shuttle. As an IHG rewards club member I have always been upgraded to an exec room with free bottled water. very quiet. in the middle of nowhere. If your bored in the evening they have a very nice health club on top of the hotel with sauna, steam and relaxation area but be warned they don't allow swimming trunks!!! You have to go completely naked and its mixed sex, though was only men the evening that I used it which saved any further embarrassment! Ive always had an early start so never tried breakfast
Do they still charge to use those facilities? The last time I was there you could only use the gym equipment for free. Of course, prior to the remodel, it was all free (although a smaller area). As for an elite member... I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 15 years. And I have almost always gotten an upgrade to the executive wing of the hotel. Moreover, I've always received some type of welcome gift in the room in addition to the bottled water. Usually a plate of fruit and candy. But occasionally odd things like jars of mirabellen preserves. And Spreewalder pickles.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Thanks all... appreciate the updates
Old Jun 24, 2023, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Review of my stay in June 2023

What is your IHG One Rewards status?
Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked on points standard room and got one Superior room on high floor.

How are the rooms?
Compact: around 25 sqm.

Comfortable bed.
Sockets next to the bed.

Desk.
Kettle

Smalll closet
Television with good selection of international channels
No Chromecast.
No free PressReader.
Empty minibar.

Bathroom with walk-in shower.
Dove toiletries.

View over the inner courtyard.
Very quiet: you can literally sleep with windows open.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?
GOOD
Smiling staff.
Very quiet.
Very good breakfast
Strangely the hotel says it has no shuttle on its internet suite, but you can book a shuttle at fixed times (EUR 9) or take a Uber (EUR 18).
Bicycles can be rented
Tesla Supercharger station

BAD
Nothing

Value for $ or IHG One Rewards Points? Would you return?
Yes, very happy with the hotel: exactly what you need as an airport hotel: clean, functional, quiet (even if there is no direct access from the airport).

Exterior

Lobby

Access to the rooms

Superior room

Bathroom

Coffee station

Closet

Welcome gift

View from the room

Inner courtyard

Breakfast

Airport shuttle timetables and fares

Rooftop terrace

Fitness centre

Grab and go lobby shop

Tesla Supercharger

Bicycles for rent
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by nicolas75; Jun 24, 2023 at 8:27 am
Old Jun 24, 2023, 7:24 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Thanks for the report nicolas75 . The shuttle rate are quite ambitious though.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
Thanks for the report nicolas75 . The shuttle rate are quite ambitious though.
Indeed.
I would have written steep 😜.
If you take a Uber for two, you pay less and have the flexibility.
FLYGVA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.