Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Old Oct 7, 2006, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

I bought a Gold Ambassador IC membership last month with the hope that I can upgrade my Sapphire OWB to a Diamond OWB, but I wondered if buying a Costco/wholesaler rate makes us ineligible. One pessimistic rep at Costco Travel says don't count on it because their consolidator/wholesale rates in general void all elite benefits, while the others reps don't know anything.

The Diamond OWB is not sold out for our travel dates (mid-October 2006) which makes me hopeful that an upgrade is possible, and I understand this is subject to availability upon check-in.

Can anyone report on success using their GA benefits when not booked through IC or a standard travel agent and arriving under a group/wholesaler type rate?
Old Oct 18, 2006, 7:25 pm

Programs: PC Plat. Ambassador, Delta Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold

I was online verifying my rewards reservation that I had made a month back at Le Moana in BB and decided to take a look at the current hotel rates for Thalasso. To my surprise, on the bottom of the rates page, it had the "Redeem Priority Club points" section showing the normal 30,000 points per night rate I didn't believe it when I saw it there, so I went through the reward reservation process and not only can you reserve reward nights, but you can also choose either of the three levels of bungalows.
I called up PC and they verified that I could book Thalasso on my reward points. Needless to say, I had them switch my stay from a Beach Bungalow at Le Moana to a Diamond OWB at Thalasso.
My travel dates are in the first week of June, so I' m not sure if this is just a flaw in the system or how it will be from now on. Looks like I may take back some of my bad thoughts about the IC program.

Justin
Old Oct 18, 2006, 7:41 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Wow, that's great news indeed! Given the amout of sales Air Tahiti Nui seems to have flying out of SYD to PPT it makes it not too pricey to get over there from this part of the world (even with the add on of a Bora Bora flight too). Definitely a worthwhile use of Priority Club points anyway. ^
Old Oct 18, 2006, 7:42 pm

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
I used points for an OWB at Bora Bora two years ago. It was not guaranteed OW, but in March there were many empty OWB units and we were 'upgraded'. I'm glad to hear that it will not be suspenseful until the last minute as it was for us. I even cajoled the IC Tahiti manager to upgrade us at the IC Bora Bora. Moorea IC we paid extra for a waterfront.

Have fun StealthFly. So far the OWB IC Bora Bora has been my best hotel stay ever. Guess what my screensaver picture is from!

-outoftown
Old Oct 18, 2006, 11:26 pm
sy7

Originally Posted by StealthFly
I was online verifying my rewards reservation that I had made a month back at Le Moana in BB and decided to take a look at the current hotel rates for Thalasso. To my surprise, on the bottom of the rates page, it had the "Redeem Priority Club points" section showing the normal 30,000 points per night rate I didn't believe it when I saw it there, so I went through the reward reservation process and not only can you reserve reward nights, but you can also choose either of the three levels of bungalows.
I called up PC and they verified that I could book Thalasso on my reward points. Needless to say, I had them switch my stay from a Beach Bungalow at Le Moana to a Diamond OWB at Thalasso.
My travel dates are in the first week of June, so I' m not sure if this is just a flaw in the system or how it will be from now on. Looks like I may take back some of my bad thoughts about the IC program.

Justin
Thanks for posting this!

I think this is definitely a glitch in the system. I just checked, and pretty much every single night (even in peak season) has reward rooms available if revenue rooms are available. This happens with some frequency . Maybe the hotel only just started reward redemptions and doesn't have the filters in place yet. Plus, reward nights are normally only supposed to allow the lowest room category (though it seems the main difference between the 3 room types is the view).
Old Oct 19, 2006, 12:22 am

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
At last!!

Another great resort to redeem your points for!!

Wonder how long the system will take reservations for all types of bungalows...
Old Oct 19, 2006, 2:00 am

Thanks! Booked for next August... $1000+/night room for points... yeah baby!
Old Oct 19, 2006, 6:32 pm

Programs: IC - RA, AC - SE 1MM
Originally Posted by Zhaunk
Thanks! Booked for next August... $1000+/night room for points... yeah baby!
Thanks for the Info, booked a week in March, 1200+/night normally. Will let everyone know what the RA treatment is like.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 8:08 pm

Programs: PC Plat. Ambassador, Delta Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Glad I could help some of you out.
Does any one have an idea of what bungalow #s are the best for this resort yet? Wouldn't hurt to put an early request in
Old Oct 20, 2006, 10:02 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, IC Platinum RA, Emirates Gold, BA Silver
Thanks very much for this StealthFly, it's a great deal. I'm now booked in for next year too. Cheers, LC.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by janvdr

Wonder how long the system will take reservations for all types of bungalows...
no longer...
Old Oct 20, 2006, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by IC Expert
Thanks for the Info, booked a week in March, 1200+/night normally. Will let everyone know what the RA treatment is like.

Got a call from Atlanta today confirming that i wanted the Diamond Room and to make sure my redemption was not a mistake. Did any one else get contacted.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
no longer...
You are right. Looks like it is only for Emerald now, which is still not bad.

I did not receive a phone call, however, it may be due to the fact that I booked it over the phone. Did they sound like it was a mistake on their end?
Old Oct 20, 2006, 10:50 pm

Did they sound like it was a mistake on their end?[/QUOTE]

They said the hotel contacted them with a concern and wanted to make sure the reservation was not in error. I said no and they said goodbye. My account is still showing it as reserved
Old Oct 21, 2006, 3:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
anyone who's been before can comment on best time to go also in relation with airfares?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.