Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2007, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Camino1
Did you have to pay for minibar items?
I do not have RA status just Ambassador so the answer is yes...
Old Feb 1, 2007, 2:32 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Originally Posted by azepine00
We received Ambassador benefits during our award stay at Thalasso last Christmas: one level upgrade and a couple nice gifts.
Excellent - was the upgrade done in advance, or on check in?
Old Jun 6, 2007, 3:26 pm

Programs: TG Gold, BA Gold
I too would like to know this, as I am trying to maximise a plan to stay there next year. Am happy to write in after booking though to make sure they have my amb/ra information.

FYI this is a great little map of the bungalows and their respective levels and aspect. The main island of Bora Bora is across the lagoon directly off the bottom of this picture (or west). So you can see how some closer bungalows are classified as diamond.

http://www.boraboraspa.intercontinental.com/Portals/0/pdf-files/HOTEL%20MAP%20ENGLISH.pdf
Old Jun 6, 2007, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by schofs
Excellent - was the upgrade done in advance, or on check in?
I emailed ahead of time because I also had a couple other requests. Overall I don't think upgrades there are that critical since all units are identical. Certain lower category bungalows may actually be a bit better considering privacy and view.
One side is much deeper than the other and the more remote units will require quite a walk to resort facilities.

If the place is not full ask to take a look at several bungalows upon arrival and then decide on what you like best. Overall staff was very accommodating and helpful.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 5:33 pm

Programs: Hilton GLD , IC RA, Marriott PLT, Avis FIRST
While you are at one of the resorts (Le Moana or Thalasso), how easy is it to access other resorts, restaurants, towns, nearby attractions, etc...? Once you are there, are you limited to what that resort has to offer?
Old Jun 6, 2007, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
You definitely have access to other resorts and to the town of Vaitape. While on Bora Bora you must have dinner at Villa Mahana. Make reservations as far in advance before departing for your trip as possible, because there are only a handful of tables and it's the best meal in the country by far.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 11:55 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by gleff
You definitely have access to other resorts and to the town of Vaitape. While on Bora Bora you must have dinner at Villa Mahana. Make reservations as far in advance before departing for your trip as possible, because there are only a handful of tables and it's the best meal in the country by far.
Beside Villa Mahana, Bloody Mary and Top dive Bora Bora restaurant are the very famous places for dinner. It is not difficult to bump into a celebrity at Bloody Mary
Old Aug 24, 2007, 1:13 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF Plat, UA 1k, SPG Gold, IC Ambassador
IC Thalasso Bora Bora Forced New Years Dinner

I am staying at the Thalasso, and have just been emailed by them telling me that I mist purchase a New Years Eve dinner on Dec 31.

I am obviously infuriated, as that particular night was already TWICE as $$$ as all the other nights we are staying there, and they are charging over $300USD per person (ex tax) for this meal and dinner experience.

Anyone else been told they must buy this?

I am an Ambassador, and not happy.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 1:14 am
Community Director Emerita

That has happened to me several times at non IC properties on NYE. As a result, I'm not very fond of staying in resort hotels on NYE.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
That has happened to me several times at non IC properties on NYE. As a result, I'm not very fond of staying in resort hotels on NYE.
Is this even legal. I was not told of this when booking, and as nothing was mentioned, I am shocked I can be forced to pay for it.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 1:45 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
you cant

Originally Posted by thehaloboy
Is this even legal. I was not told of this when booking, and as nothing was mentioned, I am shocked I can be forced to pay for it.
how can they force you to pay this?

i mean they cant just cancel your reservation.

call the hotel and ask if they are nuts

dp
Old Aug 24, 2007, 2:26 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by thehaloboy
I am staying at the Thalasso, and have just been emailed by them telling me that I mist purchase a New Years Eve dinner on Dec 31.

I am obviously infuriated, as that particular night was already TWICE as $$$ as all the other nights we are staying there, and they are charging over $300USD per person (ex tax) for this meal and dinner experience.

Anyone else been told they must buy this?

I am an Ambassador, and not happy.

This seems to be a quite common feature of stays over New Year's worldwide. I agree that it is bad practice - especially as this particular fee per person is very high. It would be more honorable to charge an inclusive fee per person for that evening that includes dinner.

Is the dinner related solely to accommodation on 31 December? If so, you may wish to consider staying somewhere else that evening that may not be charging such an onerous and hard to justify fee for dinner.

Let us know what happens.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 3:09 am

Hre is the email I received from them.

------------------------------------------------
Ia orana,

Your reservation:

Intercontinental Thalasso & SPA
28 DEC 2007 - 03 JAN 2008
Sapphire overwater villa upgrade free to a Diamond overwater villa

Intercontinental Tahiti
03-04 JAN 2008
Overwater bungalow Motu upgrade free to a Overwater bungalow Lagoon.

Please remember the new year eve's dinner must be sold with any room booked on December 31 st . The dinner will be cost 31,700cpf per person without tax ( tax : 11%).

Mauruuru

Tahiti FONG (Mrs)

Central Reservations
INTERCONTINENTAL FRENCH POLYNESIA
TAHITI - MOOREA - BORA BORA
BP 6014
98702 Tahiti
Polynésie Française
Tel : + 689 86 51 78
Fax : +689 86 51 28
www.tahitiresorts.intercontinental.com
InterContinental Moorea Resort and Spa listed in Conde Nast 2007
Gold List of World's Best Hotels & Resorts
InterContinental Bora Bora Resort and Thalasso Spa listed in Conde Nast 2007 HOT LIST of World's Top new hotels.
Deep Ocean Spa by Algotherm listed as one of 75 HOT SPAS for 2007. The only resort and spa listed in Conde Nast for French Polynesia.
InterContinental Bora Bora Resort and Thalasso Spa was awarded the 2007 InterContinental Hotels Group Best New Hotel Developement.
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

----------------------------------------------
Old Aug 24, 2007, 3:10 am

I added the bold btw...
Old Aug 24, 2007, 3:24 am

I just dont see, since the night of the 31st they are charging almost double for that night as it is!!!

Below are the rates we are getting charged anyway...

http://www.blackboard.net.au/rate.jpg

this means dinner is more expensive than our $600 a night room... haha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.