Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2015, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
Guaranteed reward availability should become a benefit of the new elite level, as well as RA. Award availability at this property is getting ridiculous.
That would set IHG apart from every other hotel chain. Highly unlikely.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by AYYK
That would set IHG apart from every other hotel chain. Highly unlikely.
Never said it was likely. Would just be nice to see.

What is likely before I'm able to redeem my points at Thalasso:
1. It will no longer be an IHG property.
2. Points will be devalued.
3. The RA program will no longer exist, making me just one of the muggles.
4. I'll be dead (and I'm only 25...).

Last edited by TravelTheWorld66; Jun 5, 2015 at 6:00 pm
Old Jun 5, 2015, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
Never said it was likely. Would just be nice to see.

What is likely before I'm able to redeem my points at Thalasso:
1. It will no longer be an IHG property.
2. Points will be devalued.
4. The RA program will no longer exist, making me just one of the muggles.
3. I'll be dead (and I'm only 25...).

You really need an upgrade from a standard bungalow? I know "to each their own," but just sleeping in a bungalow over the water would be beyond amazing to me, regardless if it's called a diamond, emerald, etc.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 5:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by 1617novakn
I am seeing a lot of recent posts with people mentioning finding availability here, but as I look at the award chart now I am literally seeing one date available for the next year. Am I missing something? My fiance and I are looking to go sometime around Feb 12 - Feb 15 and we're hoping to get lucky considering it is the rainy season for them, but I can't find anything and the IHG reps are less than helpful. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
What you and others commenting below you need to understand is that you have unrealistic expectations.

They only have a certain number of rooms. It isn't a high rise with 500 rooms. There are only a few. And of those only 1-2-3 might be bookable with points.

And of those, those that plan book 1 year in advance. We were a bit negligent and delayed by one month (we are going Jan 2016) and when I booked earlier this year I was only able to piece together 2 days thalasso, 4 days moanna, 1 day thalasso.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 8:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
The SO and I just booked 4 award nights in a row for this month at the Thalasso. At first, only nights #1, 2, and 4 were available, and we hoped that #3 would open up. We didn't want to hotel hop between Thalasso and Le Moana, so we actually canceled nights #1 & 2 as their cancellation deadlines came up. I held onto night #4 just in case. Then, with less than 24 hours before night #4 had to be canceled, night #3 magically opened up, and nights 1 and 2 were still available. We snatched them up pretty fast. So if you are set on staying at the Thalasso, so far the best strategy has been to check several times a day. Not good for one's sanity maybe but it worked for us.

We were also able to book award flights on TN, as well as finding a PPT-BOB roundtrip on the dates/times we wanted. Very lucky as many of the best times for PPT-BOB were sold out on Air Tahiti just a day before or after.

The hotel seems to be getting quite clever about selling their boat shuttle services to pick you up from BOB. Instead of calling it "mandatory", they make it sound like it's your only option in their "welcome" email:

May I take this opportunity to remind you that the airport as well as our resort are located on small islets called “motu”and the only way to get here is by boat.
In order to schedule your comfortable transfer to our resort, we kindly ask that you provide us with your arrival and departure domestic flights information (Air Tahiti flight number and time).

All you have to do after arriving at the airport is to find the Intercontinental desk. Our hostess will be there to greet you, assist you with your luggage and take you to the boat.
The round trip fare is 12 062 xpf (tax incl) per person. It will be automatically charged to your room account to be settled at check-out time.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 3:32 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by AwardBee
The SO and I just booked 4 award nights in a row for this month at the Thalasso. At first, only nights #1, 2, and 4 were available, and we hoped that #3 would open up. We didn't want to hotel hop between Thalasso and Le Moana, so we actually canceled nights #1 & 2 as their cancellation deadlines came up. I held onto night #4 just in case. Then, with less than 24 hours before night #4 had to be canceled, night #3 magically opened up, and nights 1 and 2 were still available. We snatched them up pretty fast. So if you are set on staying at the Thalasso, so far the best strategy has been to check several times a day. Not good for one's sanity maybe but it worked for us.

We were also able to book award flights on TN, as well as finding a PPT-BOB roundtrip on the dates/times we wanted. Very lucky as many of the best times for PPT-BOB were sold out on Air Tahiti just a day before or after.

The hotel seems to be getting quite clever about selling their boat shuttle services to pick you up from BOB. Instead of calling it "mandatory", they make it sound like it's your only option in their "welcome" email:

May I take this opportunity to remind you that the airport as well as our resort are located on small islets called “motu”and the only way to get here is by boat.
In order to schedule your comfortable transfer to our resort, we kindly ask that you provide us with your arrival and departure domestic flights information (Air Tahiti flight number and time).

All you have to do after arriving at the airport is to find the Intercontinental desk. Our hostess will be there to greet you, assist you with your luggage and take you to the boat.
The round trip fare is 12 062 xpf (tax incl) per person. It will be automatically charged to your room account to be settled at check-out time.
wat other way is there?

a previous post did mention luggage is not allowed on the boat from Le moana to thalasso, and wonder if it is really true.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
I see Jan 14 - Jan 19 is open (5 days in a row) as of right now
Old Jun 9, 2015, 7:10 am

I think I know which dates you are talking about I'm still praying for one date to open up soon so I do not need to stay at Le Moana for one night and then go to Thalasso for the rest of my stay.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by SgFred
wat other way is there?

a previous post did mention luggage is not allowed on the boat from Le moana to thalasso, and wonder if it is really true.
We're staying at Le Moana first so I would be extremely upset if they made us pay $60+ each to get to the hotel
Old Jun 9, 2015, 10:23 am

We're staying at Le Moana first so I would be extremely upset if they made us pay $60+ each to get to the hotel
I was at Thalasso just a week ago (9 consecutive nights!) and while stocking up on beer from the store near Moana, I did see some guests on the boat from Moana to Thalasso with luggage. I did pay for their airport boat transfer as with 2 heavy suitcases and 2 small ones, it wasn't worth the trek.

Any questions about the resort - please feel free.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 11:05 am

Same here...
Old Jun 9, 2015, 11:26 am

My wife and I will spend 2 nights at Moana in a couple weeks, then 3 at Thalasso. My plan is to take the free shuttle from airport to Vaitape, but I still don't know how I'm getting to Moana from there. I emailed Moana and they haven't replied. I don't want to take the $100 shuttle from the airport.

After 2 nights, my plan was to take the free shuttle to Thalasso. I, too, would be disappointed if that shuttle doesn't allow luggage.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: Amex, AA, BA, Delta, True Blue, Hyatt, Fairmont, Marriott, HH, IHG
Q. Why did you choose it over Le Moana, and was it worth the price difference to you? We are planning to go next year and pick one or the other.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 2:28 pm

I have a question about their TV. There arent a lot of English channels?
And, do you think if i brought my laptop and an HDMI cable and hook it up to TV will work?
Old Jun 9, 2015, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
I have a question about their TV. There arent a lot of English channels?
And, do you think if i brought my laptop and an HDMI cable and hook it up to TV will work?
All I know there was CNN. That's all I watched in Bora Bora in the morning while having an Nespresso coffee from a capsule that travelled 15,000 miles

I wouldn't count on "a lot" of English channels. TVs were not that current too, but I guess a HDMI would be present on the back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.