Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn 20.12GBP per room offer on 20/12

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2010, 1:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by zoobenny
Wish I'd got myself organised earlier in the day, then at least I could have consulted with family and booked rooms that they could have used. This weather doesn't help when trying to make travel plans either, haven't been able to move the car since last Thursday.
I will be in the CP City from 7 until 9 of January. Anyone else there for a drink?
Old Dec 21, 2010, 2:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
Beware of the CP City. I called and asked if the will upgrade Platinum members. Yes, they do. But what is included in the club room? Free Internet? - No. Free Breakfast? - No. Free beverages? - No ... Beware of such hotels and rather stays in the HI Express over the bridge @:-)
How about a few reviews on Tripadvisor.com mentioning how even Platinum frequent customers of the hotel group get nothing for their loyalty when staying at this property? It can't hurt. @:-) It's not like the hotel won't lend a bathrobe to customers in run of the mill rooms too that don't have them in the closet/bathroom.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 2:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
How about a few reviews on Tripadvisor.com mentioning how even Platinum frequent customers of the hotel group get nothing for their loyalty when staying at this property? It can't hurt. @:-) It's not like the hotel won't lend a bathrobe to customers in run of the mill rooms too that don't have them in the closet/bathroom.
I frequently post hotel and restaurant reviews on Tripadvisor - about such places where I was happy with the service and such which are not sufficient in my opionion. However, I do my reviews mostly in German language.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 3:20 am

Programs: UA, AA, BMI, MR, HH, PC
Originally Posted by layz
I've noticed some Crowne Plazas showing up.

CP Kensington and CP The City caught my eye.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/...rateCode=IDOLY
Huh, must have overlooked CP City which is what I wanted. ended up with K. forum so that'll have to do. Down to weather now on an unexpected London break.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 3:48 am

Rooms still bookable at £20.12, but gutted cos I was up till 6am umming and aarghiing about what if anything to book! Still, can't complain, it's been a snow free morning in Swansea which is a good thing!!
Old Dec 21, 2010, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
BBeware of such hotels and rather stays in the HI Express over the bridge @:-)
Because the HIX will give you a nice upgrade no doubt

The rooms in a CP are nicer than those in a HIX and when the price is the same then it makes more sense to go for the nicer hotel.

There's NOWHERE in the PC terms and conditions that say you should get free breakfast or free internet access. As long as they give you an upgrade (of some sort) they've met their obligations.

If you want lounge access (and therefore free drinks and breakfast) the CP Shoreditch or LHR provide that - but they're not participating in this rate.

It's a bargain - stop moaning
Old Dec 21, 2010, 4:17 am

Programs: Priority CLub Platinum
Yeah, it's about 25 quid a night (inc VAT) isn't that a good enough deal? I'd be very surprised to get any Platinum recognition on these stays.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Frankly, you'd be mad to stay at a HIX or even HI Mayfair if the CP City was available (unless the location is an issue). You might miss out on the HIX free breakfast but in the UK these are pretty rubbish anyway, and you're a braver man than me if you want to eat 3-hour old scrambled egg kept warm under a hot lamp.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm still seeing good availability for HI and CP's using this link:
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/...rateCode=IDOLY
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by layz
It's a bargain - stop moaning
Yes Sir, no more moaning. I will only go for check-in in the CP and in the HIX and in the HI and then sleep in the Hilton where I get my free breakfast and Internet In the afternoon, I may go for a swim to the HI
Old Dec 21, 2010, 4:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
For 2 rooms for the City CP on Jan 30th, thanks for the tip off!!

I realise I won't get any base points for this stay, and sadly I didn't get a crack the case. Will this stay trigger 'next stay' bonus points from codes in the offers thread?
Old Dec 21, 2010, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by britbronco22
For 2 rooms for the City CP on Jan 30th, thanks for the tip off!!

I realise I won't get any base points for this stay, and sadly I didn't get a crack the case. Will this stay trigger 'next stay' bonus points from codes in the offers thread?
Jan 30th?

This promo ends on Jan 9th
Old Dec 21, 2010, 4:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Raffles
Jan 30th?

This promo ends on Jan 9th
Ha, its too late here! I meant Dec 30th (I also managed to inform my other guests that I booked Jan as well! I had already corrected them...)
Old Dec 22, 2010, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes Sir, no more moaning. I will only go for check-in in the CP and in the HIX and in the HI and then sleep in the Hilton where I get my free breakfast and Internet In the afternoon, I may go for a swim to the HI
Sorted

Didn't feel like popping back to the HIX to compare breakfasts then
Old Dec 23, 2010, 9:01 am

Programs: British Airways, Virgin Atlantic
Hi,
I've only just stumbled upon this thread. I don't want to annoy everyone by asking questions that have already been answered a million times.
Could someone please point me in the direction of a thread or post that describes what I need to do to get these rates? I have scoured through as much of the introductory posts as I can, but cant seem to find anything.
I'm still quite new to points/miles collecting but need to boost them as much as I can for a trip in July.
Thanks, Mo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.