Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn 20.12GBP per room offer on 20/12

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2010, 2:04 am

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for posting about this, I live in the UK now but signed up originally with a US account so I don't get the European/UK mailers. So this was super helpful

We booked a nights stay at the Stoke-On-Trent HI straight off the M6--reviews are so-so but it's convenient and it's a Holiday Inn so I'm set. It saves us the trouble of trying to do a straight-through drive from 60miles north of Aberdeen all the way down to just outside of London.

Thank you thank you thank you for sharing this with us!

Cheers!
Old Dec 20, 2010, 2:54 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Originally Posted by Roger

The HI Kensington Forum had a suite in the offer, not at Ł20.12 but at Ł220.14. We didn't bother.
Just managed to book at Kensington Forum (the rate was not there when I looked earlier). Three rates available: Ł20.12 standard room, Ł40.24 exec room and the suite rate mentioned above. All plus 17.5%/20% VAT.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 3:33 am

At 10am I was part way through making a reservation and I got interrupted.

Just restarted my reservation process and now it tells me no rooms available at the property on those dates.

Cleared cookies etc, and no improvement. Rooms must be extremelty limited.

Nevermind, I will stay at might mate's place as originally intended and save Ł20.12...

EDIT: Just tried it again and the room was back on sale at the promo price. Booked. :-)

Last edited by lfc84; Dec 20, 2010 at 4:05 am
Old Dec 20, 2010, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
4 nights at HI Mayfair booked for Ł96 inc VAT.

Won't use it, but will probably pop in for the odd cup of tea as I pass. Alternatively, I will offer it to our nanny, as its only 15 mins to our house compared to her usual 45 minute trip!
Old Dec 20, 2010, 4:13 am

Programs: Priority CLub Platinum
Thanks for letting me know about Mayfair ... it wasn't available at all for the dates I checked just after midnight, so I will be cancelling my Kensington Forum booking and staying at Mayfair instead!
Old Dec 20, 2010, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
Ditto about the HI Mayfair, though I think in my case, it was probably the date which showed as unavailable.

About cancelling and rebooking, I don't think you can cancel on this rate. However, if you're collecting for CTC, I think that two reservations on the same night will qualify. You might need to toddle along to check in and (later) check out.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 4:21 am

Programs: Priority CLub Platinum
Yeah, I know I won't get a refund, but figure it's courteous to the hotel to cancel it if I am not going to turn up. I didn't get a CTC unfortunately, even after begging, so no need for it for that purpose.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 5:59 am

Programs: BA, Airmiles, BMI, HH (Gold), Hyatt (Plat), IHG (Plat Amb), Marriott (Silver), A Club
Harrogate 8th January is fine.

1 nt Stay and a Saturday nt towards ctc for me. ^
Old Dec 20, 2010, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Monkey & Minkey
Harrogate 8th January is fine.

1 nt Stay and a Saturday nt towards ctc for me. ^
I've done that night too for CTC - gets me my last Saturday night and also an additional brand (leaves me 2 brands to go to complete mission) Weatherwise have just booked one close by, some sales shopping and a meal out.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by caz312
I've done that night too for CTC - gets me my last Saturday night and also an additional brand (leaves me 2 brands to go to complete mission)
My 5th brand is going to be an issue. I don't think there are any Candlewood, Staybridge or Indigo properties in Europe (except the St Petersburg Staybridge) outside the UK and no long haul travel planned in H1 2011 (wife pregnant!).

I am therefore faced with a tourist trip to Liverpool, Newcastle or Glasgow for a Staybridge (none of them hot tourist resorts, and I know them all anyway) or I pay for a London Indigo night on F&F rate that I don't need, given I live there!
Old Dec 20, 2010, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
My 5th brand is going to be an issue. I don't think there are any Candlewood, Staybridge or Indigo properties in Europe (except the St Petersburg Staybridge) outside the UK and no long haul travel planned in H1 2011 (wife pregnant!).

I am therefore faced with a tourist trip to Liverpool, Newcastle or Glasgow for a Staybridge (none of them hot tourist resorts, and I know them all anyway) or I pay for a London Indigo night on F&F rate that I don't need, given I live there!
It was the toughest one for me too - have done IC, HI and now HIX booked so left with CP, Indigo, Candlewood and Staybridge and need to get 2. Going to be in the US in May so if not managed before then will catch it then. Just noticed there is an Indigo due to open in Glasgow in May too
Old Dec 20, 2010, 7:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
London Hotel with Swimming Pool

Is there a London hotel with a nice swimming pool? Should be easily reachable by public transport from Luton, ideally with the easyBus
Old Dec 20, 2010, 7:29 am

duplicate (network problems!)
Old Dec 20, 2010, 7:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
Is there a London hotel with a nice swimming pool? Should be easily reachable by public transport from Luton, ideally with the easyBus
Maybe try my local!...the Holiday Inn Elstree....not so far from Luton & has swimming pool but not sure about the ease of accessibility from Luton.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Crowne Plaza

I've noticed some Crowne Plazas showing up.

CP Kensington and CP The City caught my eye.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/...rateCode=IDOLY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.