10k points for 2 nights

Old Dec 9, 10, 7:57 pm

Programs: AS 75K, AA Gold, IC Plat AMB, CC Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt PLT...belong to most others but no status
Originally Posted by mommafrica View Post
I thought the same. It would have been nice to save close to $50 & get 10k pts. I'm waiting on u TheBeerHunter.

Thanx Raffles.
After further consideration, I think that my stay this weekend won't count, as it's actually 2 reservation numbers, although 2 consecutive nights (Sat & Sun this coming weekend)...anyone have any thoughts on that? I did one night prepaid but then we decided to extend, and I had already been charged, so I made a second one-night reservation -- as a second rez number. BTW I've been doing this a lot lately and despite the T&Cs I've been getting points for each "stay" to post -- these types of stays being at ICs. That's why I think it won't count -- the promo specifically says per stay.

My next 2 night consecutive stay on one reservation at a IC property isn't until Christmas. I guess we shall see. I can always ask them at check-in to drop the second rez and do it under one -- but is that worth it? Just to see if I'll get 10K points for this promo? Hmm. Talk about taking one for the team
Old Dec 9, 10, 8:08 pm

Programs: SPG/HGP/IHG/MR/HH/DL/UA/
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter View Post
After further consideration, I think that my stay this weekend won't count, as it's actually 2 reservation numbers, although 2 consecutive nights (Sat & Sun this coming weekend)...anyone have any thoughts on that? I did one night prepaid but then we decided to extend, and I had already been charged, so I made a second one-night reservation -- as a second rez number. BTW I've been doing this a lot lately and despite the T&Cs I've been getting points for each "stay" to post -- these types of stays being at ICs. That's why I think it won't count -- the promo specifically says per stay.

My next 2 night consecutive stay on one reservation at a IC property isn't until Christmas. I guess we shall see. I can always ask them at check-in to drop the second rez and do it under one -- but is that worth it? Just to see if I'll get 10K points for this promo? Hmm. Talk about taking one for the team

Hotel can always combine reservations, if it was made thru. IHG sites.
If it was book thru. third-party booking, reservations can't be combined.
Assume, you made AP rate reservation thru. priorityclub.com and made another reservation, you can ask to combine reservations at check-in, so you will have one final bill.

In other hand, since I see you as RA, and if you singed up for double points,
you will get 6k or so each night, if it post as two stay(like you said).
So is it worth it to combine? I say, No if you signed up for double points. (get 2 stay points, and possible luck on 10k bonus)
If you signed up for free nights, and got all 5 free nights, I say Yes. Combine and get 10k.

Last edited by CIPAS; Dec 9, 10 at 8:16 pm
Old Dec 9, 10, 9:03 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Thanks for this -- great timing as I have a two-night stay at the IC Grand Seoul next week!
Old Dec 10, 10, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BW Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, M&C Gold
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter View Post

OK ...so u mean to say if staying at ICs, 2 consecutive nights ( even due to different reservation numbers / check-in check-out ) do not amount to only 1 stay? You get 2k base points for every night?

Coz my understanding from the PC T&Cs is below:

Points for Stays. You may earn Points for Stays beginning with the date of your enrollment in the Program. Points will not be earned for Stays made prior to the date of your enrollment as shown in Priority Club records. A Stay is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/check-out. A Stay is qualified when paying Qualifying Room Rates, which include most business and leisure rates.

To maximize your points, it seems wise to limit longer stays to 2 nights per hotel.
Old Dec 10, 10, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by planetshakers View Post
OK ...so u mean to say if staying at ICs, 2 consecutive nights ( even due to different reservation numbers / check-in check-out ) do not amount to only 1 stay? You get 2k base points for every night?
No, it will only post as 1 stay. You should still therefore get the 10k bonus (assuming it posts for people without as Asia-Pac address).

Come on ... someone on FT must have a 2+ night stay already done but not yet posted to their account and who can verify if this works in the next day or so!

If it does, I think I will try to book a couple of very cheap nights over Christmas for a mattress run - it will knock 2 nights off my CTC target and I'll get 10k points back, plus half a Sweet Dilemma credit (although I'd then need to do another false stay to get a full Sweet Dilemma credit!).
Old Dec 10, 10, 7:34 am

Programs: AS 75K, AA Gold, IC Plat AMB, CC Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt PLT...belong to most others but no status

Coz my understanding from the PC T&Cs is below: [..]
Yes, I know what the T&Cs say, but I am saying that yes, if I set up 2 reservations for consecutive nights at the same hotel, I get points for each "stay" to post separately. This has happened for me every time I've done it, when the consecutive nights are both paid qualifying stays.

I do alert the hotel ahead of time and again at check in that I want to combine reservations, etc. They assure me no problem. Then a week later, I find I got points for both reservations.

I am not complaining, of course, just stating my experience.
Old Dec 10, 10, 8:04 am

Successfully signed up..

Thanks for the post. I did sign up for the offer.
Old Dec 10, 10, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Thanks... Let us know if it posts for you, TheBeerHunter !
+1, someone please post the success. I have some stays coming up next week but all are 1 nighters, may switch to two but that means 2 nights at a HI. Rather be at the IC, so please confirm.
Old Dec 11, 10, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter View Post
stay at any of the 4,500 participating InterContinental Hotels Group

sounds good, but there is a slight chance that it will only post for someone
with an Asia Pacific address
T & C has no mention of regional limits. I have a 2-nights stay at IC Bucharest next week, will see how it plays out.

Excellent find!

Terms and Conditions:
Must be a Priority Club® Rewards member to participate in this promotion. Bonus points will be awarded on the next qualified stay for consecutive nights stay at any participating InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites® or Candlewood Suites® hotels between 1 November 2010 and 31 December 2010. Bookings needs to be made with Priority Club Rewards number in order to be valid. Offer is only open to reservations made through InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) websites, IHG reservation centre or the hotel directly. Only one room per member per one valid stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points. No retroactive points will be awarded for nights prior to registration. This exclusive offer is valid for the original email or SMS invitation recipient only. Subject to standard Priority Club Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions. IHG reserves the right to terminate promotion at any time, without notice.
Old Dec 11, 10, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger View Post
T & C has no mention of regional limits.
.[/i]

This year there's been numerous promos which haven't posted unless you had a US/Cananadian address on your profile, in how many cases did it say that in the T&C's?
If you had the right address on your profile you could stay anywhere in the world
Old Dec 11, 10, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter View Post
This year there's been numerous promos which haven't posted unless you had a US/Cananadian address on your profile, in how many cases did it say that in the T&C's?
If you had the right address on your profile you could stay anywhere in the world
You are correct, but in those promos there was mention "for US residents only" or similar in the T&C. No similar limitations here.

I guess we'll see when my next week's stay posts, how this plays out. But as usual - can't hurt to register.
Old Dec 12, 10, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger View Post
You are correct, but in those promos there was mention "for US residents only" or similar in the T&C. No similar limitations here.

I guess we'll see when my next week's stay posts, how this plays out. But as usual - can't hurt to register.
this could very well have the same meaning "only for A&P residents"

This exclusive offer is valid for the original email or SMS invitation recipient only
Old Dec 15, 10, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Anyone got any experience of whether this posts? I can't believe that NO-ONE on FT has had a 2-night stay post in the last week!
Old Dec 15, 10, 3:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
had a 2 night stay post and nothing!!....however i had signed up for this promo after the stay was completed (but before stay posted) so maybe that's why I didn't get the 10,000 points. I'm currently on another 2 night stay at the moment so sadly wont know for certain until next week.
Old Dec 15, 10, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
Anyone got any experience of whether this posts? I can't believe that NO-ONE on FT has had a 2-night stay post in the last week!
The wife has had 2 2-night stays post. The first was completed before registration but she was registered before it posted. No extra points. She registered for the promo after the first night of her second stay. This stay just posted without the points. Gotta believe it's one of three reasons. Both nights have to be completed after registration, the points will be posted after a sweep, or we're not eligible.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: