Search

80,000 points for new PC Select VISA - targeted

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
80,000 points for new PC Select VISA - targeted

I just received this email:

Earn 80,000 points — enough for up to 5 Free Nights at many Priority Club® hotels — and so much more with the NEW Priority Club Select Visa® card.
Only with the Priority Club Select Visa
card will you get:
• 80,000 bonus points after your first purchase
• A Free Night certificate every year good at over
4,400 hotels, worldwide
• No foreign transaction fees when you travel abroad
• Automatic 10% rebate on all point redemptions — up to
100,000 points back each year
• 5 points per $1 spent at our hotels
• 2 points per $1 spent on eligible gas, grocery
and dining purchases
• No annual fee the first year — a $49 value

Funny thing is that I have been thinking about getting this card, but I didn't want to apply for just 30,000 points. I was hoping to get the 45,000 or 60,000 point offers, and now I receive one even better. Glad I waited.

Hopefully others will be receiving this great offer. ^

Edit on 11/30/11 -- This offer may now be available to everyone. See this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...lect-visa.html

Last edited by onthego15; Nov 30, 2011 at 9:20 pm
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:37 pm

Wow, nice offer. I too had been waiting for the 60k offer before applying. I would love to leapfrog the 60k offer directly into the 80k offer!!! Especially since it ALSO comes with the same Free Night yearly that the 30k/60k CCs come with. What PC status do you have? How many stays per year, etc?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA, UA, NWA, SPG, HH
I, too, got the offer. My only stays this year have been:

1) 1 pointsbreak stay
2) 2 nights in ORD
3) 3 other nights for sweet dilemma/crack the case

I'm glad I waited!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
80000 poinst priority club

Originally Posted by onthego15

Earn 80,000 points — enough for up to 5 Free Nights at many Priority Club® hotels — and so much more with the NEW Priority Club Select Visa® card.
Only with the Priority Club Select Visa
card will you get:
• 80,000 bonus points after your first purchase
• A Free Night certificate every year good at over
4,400 hotels, worldwide
• No foreign transaction fees when you travel abroad
• Automatic 10% rebate on all point redemptions — up to
100,000 points back each year
• 5 points per $1 spent at our hotels
• 2 points per $1 spent on eligible gas, grocery
and dining purchases
• No annual fee the first year — a $49 value

Funny thing is that I have been thinking about getting this card, but I didn't want to apply for just 30,000 points. I was hoping to get the 45,000 or 60,000 point offers, and now I receive one even better. Glad I waited.

Me too just jumped on it. It looks targeted but there must be a way to let others use the link. If anyone finds a way be sure to post but be careful as most of the targeted links do auto fill your info!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:06 pm

Man, and to think I got 30k for getting it long ago. Then an extra 15k for upgrading to the current version. What a rip.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Glad to see others are getting this offer, too.

I am PC Gold with one 8 day stay this year, one 7 day stay last year. Almost all of my points come from PC's very generous promos.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:12 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, PC Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
I got this offer in the mail too and right after I was approved for the 60K points card. Do you guys think calling them will help me switch to the 80k points?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:16 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
I got this too, it says former card holders are not entitled, but wondering if anyone has had different results on that....
Old Nov 23, 2010, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
I got this offer too. I need one more lock to crack the case and I was going to wait until 2011 to apply for the 60K card (per the crack the case link) to give me plat for another year.

If I apply through this link instead of the "crack the case" link, will I get my crack the case bonus ?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
with point breaks, even better

Think with the point breaks, you could get up to 16 nights. My HS aged daughter's team could sure use such a block of rooms for an out of town tournament.... Signing up right now.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:05 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle
I'm in a similar boat. My guess, based on reading some past posts, is that this 80k card would indeed crack that 30k case (which is annoying in terms of the requalifying).

That said, if we're in jeopardy of missing out on this 80k offer by waiting too long, then... maybe we pull the trigger?

Anyone know until when this 80k offer is good?

Originally Posted by PatMike
I got this offer too. I need one more lock to crack the case and I was going to wait until 2011 to apply for the 60K card (per the crack the case link) to give me plat for another year.

If I apply through this link instead of the "crack the case" link, will I get my crack the case bonus ?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yarhead

Anyone know until when this 80k offer is good?
My email says nothing about a deadline for applying. The 60,000 point offer started in June and folks are still applying for the card this month on that offer. So, who knows how long this offer will be around???? Maybe until the 100,000 point offer
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:08 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, United 2P, SQ, SPG Plat, PC Plat AMB, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat

Earn 80,000 points —

Can someone please post a working link to this offer. Chase website still shows 30K
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:03 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle

Haha, wouldn't a 100,000 PC point offer be something? Gotta love those pointbreaks! (Thanks for the reply, by the way!)

My email says nothing about a deadline for applying. The 60,000 point offer started in June and folks are still applying for the card this month on that offer. So, who knows how long this offer will be around???? Maybe until the 100,000 point offer
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
It's targeted seems

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.