Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Silom Bangkok (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2006, 9:45 am

re: taxi at BKK

taxi sir!!!
Step out of arrivals hall in2 the nucleur heat that is bangkok.
Just b4 you get out of the slidding doors you will be swamped with offers- ignore them!!! step outside in2 the heat and you'll see the official taxi box, where the fee is pre-arranged- certainly no more than 5 - 600 baht to your hotel even with the extra toll fees.
no shortage of cabs.
hope this helps
Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:39 am

Location: somewhere Cl. III / III+, with green waves and friendly holes
Programs: *wood Platinum, HH Gold, OneWorld Emerald, QF GOLD, AP Premium, Mabuhay Elite, bunch o others...
RECENT stay DISAPPOINTED ! :(

Recently spent 5 days and then 2 days... several disappointments that lead me to book ELSEWHERE on my next BKK trip...
Check in was SLOW and disorganized. Finally given a smoking room, despite booking non, and a lovely veiw of the PARKADE... thanks...
Found the walls PAPERTHIN, and lots of noise.

Upon return for second stay, hotel car FAILED to show up, NO reason given, A REAL PAIN at the new airport - I had confirmed and ensured they had ALL My details...

Next day, I left an important envelope for an associate with concierge for him to pick up.
When I returned to the hotel, my associate was waiting in the lobby, very pissed off - the hotel claimed they didn't have anything for him - however - I was able to get the envelope back, sign the book (that had ALL his and MY details noted), in 30 seconds. This kind of thing makes business travellers go elsewhere! This could have cost me a whole deal - just dumb luck that he had to wait for a ride and was there when I returned....
AGAIN, hotel had no explanation.

Buffet b/fast was good, pool is OK, location is good, but service is FAIL.

Doubt I'd stay there again..
Old Nov 30, 2006, 12:02 pm

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Hmm HI-silom IS a bit of a dump.I've stayed there maybe 6-10 times or so.Other one is far better -sorry to concur with others here.With rdgs to Priceline.....you *can* get Novotel lotus on sukumvit by the Emporium for 30USD.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Totally agree with all the negative comments mentioned above. I will not stay there even they give me for free.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 9:09 am

Programs: CI: Emer; CX: Sliver; DL: PM; PC: RA;
Since HI had 7 (or 3?) days SE Asia on sales so booked executive room for around 2300 Bhat/night plus 17% service and tax. Upgrade to executive suite for Plat/Gold AMB member. Excellent service, good breakfirst, and very very large and comfortable room.
Will stay there agian.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:25 pm

I just check my old poto taken more then 10 years ago and found out this hotel was IC BKK before. Downgrade to CP and then HI.
No wonder the give AMB upgrade which is very rare for HI.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:34 pm

Programs: EK Silver, LH SEN, CX Gold, UA 2P, DJ Silver, Sixt Gold, PC Plat, Hilton Diamond
I can just add that i´ve also had an exquisit experience with this hotel.
I´ve been upgraded to a suite (PC Plat) and had access to the Lounge which was really good! Breakfast is very extensive, they got food galore!!!
All that for around 70€ a night - good value indeed
Old Jun 23, 2010, 4:48 pm

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Originally Posted by Wome
I can just add that i´ve also had an exquisit experience with this hotel.
I´ve been upgraded to a suite (PC Plat) and had access to the Lounge which was really good! Breakfast is very extensive, they got food galore!!!
All that for around 70€ a night - good value indeed
I love this hotel using it as an IC alternative if just staying a 1 night: decent upgrades ; a pretty decent exec lounge with charming staff and last time,a nice letter from the GM thanking for staying 20 times along with a complimentary box of choccies and a bowl of fruit.This hotel treats Plats as they should be treated - it's a refreshing change.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 7:58 pm

Programs: EK Silver, LH SEN, CX Gold, UA 2P, DJ Silver, Sixt Gold, PC Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by docklander
This hotel treats Plats as they should be treated - it's a refreshing change.
Nothing to add there! ^
Old Jun 25, 2010, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Wome
Nothing to add there! ^
Yes, the top HI on my list.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 2:45 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
After all these raves and the hype about this HI, I ended up here.

For a mere 2,300+ THB (60 Euro) per night for a club room, I got a ~70 sqm suite, newly renovated, comfortable couches, large desk, big box of pralinés, one of the largest fruit plates I've ever had, fabolous and fun staff at check-in. Plus a concierge desk that is eager to help.

What a shame I'm not really often in Bangkok. Think I've found a new "home" - and who needs the Shangri-La anyway Long report to follow...

Thanks for all the previous comments - I doubt I'd chosen this hotel without them.

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Jun 30, 2010 at 3:00 am
Old Jun 30, 2010, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
After all these raves and the hype about this HI, I ended up here.

For a mere 2,300+ THB (60 Euro) per night for a club room, I got a ~70 sqm suite, newly renovated, comfortable couches, large desk, big box of pralinés, one of the largest fruit plates I've ever had, fabolous and fun staff at check-in. Plus a concierge desk that is eager to help.

What a shame I'm not really often in Bangkok. Think I've found a new "home" - and who needs the Shangri-La anyway Long report to follow...

Thanks for all the previous comments - I doubt I'd chosen this hotel without them.
I am so glad you will like this hotel, I start to stay this hotel since my first stay with them 2008.
And, I need to thank you personally; I read you post and follow your comment & suggestion for my stay in China. It is hard for me to choose IHG hotel without your stay report/comment.
Thank you again.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 9:47 pm

HI Silom BKK

Does anyone know which room level to book to get upgraded to Club level?
By the way, I tried to correct the spelling error in the title, but it won't let me. Of course it's the HI Silom BKK.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Does anyone know which room level to book to get upgraded to Club level?
By the way, I tried to correct the spelling error in the title, but it won't let me. Of course it's the HI Silom BKK.
This has been discussed before. If you're a PC Plat, you get a one level upgrade. So, book a Premier room to get club level.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 9:59 pm

It's difficult to find relevant threads, in any case seems I didn't try hard enough. Anyway, will book Premier room. Thanks and mods, please close or merge this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.