Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dear Priority Club Members

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2010, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bhatt1989
I work as Night Manager at Holiday Inn. Our Guest Service Manager goes through the list of VIP arrival every morning and allocates the proper upgrades every morning. There are days where we are totally sold out of suites and we promptly explain that to out Platinum Club memeber and offer bonus points. We care very much about Platinum Club Members and all platinum club memeber get free breakfast at our hotel. Most people understand if you explain to them politely! If you try to rub them aside, that is when they get frustrated!
I'd much rather stay at your hotel than that of Night Audit FTW.
Old May 13, 2010, 6:23 am
Suspended

Programs: OWE, Hilton GOLD and counting
Originally Posted by bhatt1989
We care very much about Platinum Club Members and all platinum club memeber get free breakfast at our hotel.
Tell me it is not true. It sounds like a dream hotel to stay in!
Old May 13, 2010, 6:33 am

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
Originally Posted by IC6A
SHould we start one Hotel Shame List?
I tried to start a IHG Blacklist for hotels with poor treatment of Plat/RA members and it was quickly locked. Apparently the mod felt such information can be found in the RA thread while I thought it would be a better idea to put everything together for easier reference.
Old May 13, 2010, 6:37 am

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
Originally Posted by CanuckinKL
I just wish that when the IC Singapore wants to put me in a Shophouse Suite I can ask them for options, such as, "can you please just put me in a Club room"
You sure can! Just drop them an email and request for a Club Room instead ahead of your stay. IC Singapore is very good at accommodating such requests.

Looks like I'm not the only one here who doesn't really like the Shophouse Suite.
Old May 14, 2010, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by CanuckinKL
I'm at a HI now in Taiwan and have been upgraded to a Suite - its nice - although my wife prefers the lay out of the "premier" room we were in previously.

I just wish that when the IC Singapore wants to put me in a Shophouse Suite I can ask them for options, such as, "can you please just put me in a Club room"

The poster who makes his upgrade requests in advance might be on to something, since IMHO every little bit helps, just don't overdue it and never, ever, ever lose your cool at check-in
@CanuckinKL - is that the Holiday Inn East Taipei? I have a Junior Suite Room booking on June 1 - 3 and i'm Platinum Ambassador, do you think i'll get an upgrade? do I need to call them? also, i'll be arriving around 2:30am, will they let me check in that early?
Old May 14, 2010, 10:00 pm
ERS

Programs: Delta, United, PC Platinum
I feel lucky that I have been "Upgraded" In three out of the Six stays I have made at HIX's this year. They Have been as little as getting a room on the top floor with a Fridge and a Microwave to getting an amazing suite with a Jaccuzzi and a fireplace. And I was just a regular Club Member! Just got my Gold Status and have yet to give it a spin..
Old May 14, 2010, 10:41 pm
ayg

Programs: SWA A List, HH Gold, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fsa_ea
Please post the name of your hotel, so I can put it on my troubled hotel list.
If I had to guess by his forum name, His hotel probably is somewhere in Ft Worth, Texas.

Lots of possibilities to blacklist... and thankfully plenty of other brands to choose from
Old May 15, 2010, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ayg
If I had to guess by his forum name, His hotel probably is somewhere in Ft Worth, Texas.
Or simply the Internet abbreviation For the Win.
Old May 15, 2010, 12:30 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards, Star Alliance, PC Plat Amb, Delta
Originally Posted by chee4869
@CanuckinKL - is that the Holiday Inn East Taipei? I have a Junior Suite Room booking on June 1 - 3 and i'm Platinum Ambassador, do you think i'll get an upgrade? do I need to call them? also, i'll be arriving around 2:30am, will they let me check in that early?
Dear bmt2,

As a platinum member, you will be able to enjoy a complimentary one level upgrade and in this case, your upgrade will be to our Deluxe Executive Club Suite, which has 2 double beds and a living area. Please be informed that your reservation in this case only includes 2 daily breakfasts. Therefore, there will be a charge of NT$308, NT$150+10%, NT$300+10% for your daughterfor breakfast, tea time and happy hour respectively.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further enquires.

Thank you very much for choosing Holiday Inn East Taipei and we look forward to seeing you and your family soon with us at Holiday Inn East Taipei.

Best regards,

Guest Service Agent - Front Office
Holiday Inn East Taipei
TEL:+886-2-2662 8000
FAX:+886-2-2662 7428
No. 265, Sec. 3, Beishen Rd., Shenkeng Shiang
Taipei County, 222 Taiwan

Booked 2 DOUBLE BEDS PREMIER NONSMOKING & given the best room in the house BUT required to pay for the Breakfast package plus the extra for our 12 yo daughter. Had dinner at the restaurant since we arrived very late at night. That was the first & last. Not much to choose from in the lounge. For 2 days there were no bottled water even. There were better choices in the little holes in the wall on the same side of the street. Otherwise, hotel was nice & clean & we had lots of room in our 2BR. Will return.
Old May 15, 2010, 7:12 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by ERS
I feel lucky that I have been "Upgraded" In three out of the Six stays I have made at HIX's this year. They Have been as little as getting a room on the top floor with a Fridge and a Microwave to getting an amazing suite with a Jaccuzzi and a fireplace. And I was just a regular Club Member! Just got my Gold Status and have yet to give it a spin..
Perhaps you're one of the pretty people?
Old May 15, 2010, 8:55 pm
ERS

Programs: Delta, United, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by plagwate
Perhaps you're one of the pretty people?
You haven't actually seen a picture of me have you?
Old May 15, 2010, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA,AA
Originally Posted by soitgoes
I'd much rather stay at your hotel than that of Night Audit FTW.
We need to promote good hotel that treat Elite well and stay away from Night Audit FTW.

Please identify your hotel so I could stay away from your property.
Old May 15, 2010, 9:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by ERS
You haven't actually seen a picture of me have you?
Not at all. Just a theory.
Old May 16, 2010, 6:52 am

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by fsa_ea
Please post the name of your hotel, so I can put it on my troubled hotel list.
:-)^
Old May 16, 2010, 7:05 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by ayg

Lots of possibilities to blacklist... and thankfully plenty of other brands to choose from
FTW is also used as an abbreviation for Fort Wayne, IN so can't be sure really.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.