Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone that has stayed at the new Staybridge Times Square?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2010, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Anyone that has stayed at the new Staybridge Times Square?

Am eager to find out what people think.

Personally am considering between the new IC to be opened in July, the Crowne Plaza Times Square and this new Staybridge place.

The new IC is very exciting by itself. CP was renovated not too long ago, treat PLT members fairly decently but the rooms are on smaller side. Staybridge seems 'off' location a little bit but sounds perfect for travelling with families. What I have learned is that younger kids and my folks in their 70's sometimes appreciate the full kitchen and space more than the subtle sophistication IC offers.

Can't decide.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
If this is the one on 39th St between 8th and 9th Ave, I did a 15K award stay there in early February. It's clean and well maintained, but very basic in "luxury" and far from what you'd find at an IC or CP, even HI. However, you do have a basic kitchen with fridge and microwave, some dishes/cutlery and a coffee maker. Rooms are small, but for the overnight I needed an inexpensive spot to stay in the heart of NYC, it was fine. Just don't plan to impress someone with your digs. Staff is friendly and helpful. Property is next to an HIX and Hilton Garden Inn. I suspect the same company owns all three buildings, which are renovated high rises in what used to be garment factory territory. You should check to see if there are larger rooms to accommodate families. I had a single queen bed room. IIRC there are about six rooms on each floor.

I found the location convenient for my needs, though you will find it a longer walk to Time Square than the name would suggest. It's a block and a half from the main Bus Terminal and the NYTimes Building. There are several subways at the station under the terminal, including the A Train uptown and downtown (which for me was convenient as I had flights in and out of JFK).
Old Apr 2, 2010, 11:22 am

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
Shareholder,

Are you sure that wasn't the Candlewood Suites? I stayed there on a 15K stay and have much the same observations as you do.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gmax58
Are you sure that wasn't the Candlewood Suites? I stayed there on a 15K stay and have much the same observations as you do.
Yes, that description is definitely for the Candlewood (15K with a HIX and HGI). The Staybridge is co-lcoated with a Fairfield Inn and Four Points and it opened more recently than the CS (in fact I think its soft opening was in March).
Old Apr 2, 2010, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Yes - the StayBridge I am interested in getting feedback for is the one at 340 W 40th, which has just officially opened.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lancexfang
Yes - the StayBridge I am interested in getting feedback for is the one at 340 W 40th, which has just officially opened.
Because it's so new, you may the first FTer to try it out!
For info on the location, you might check out the thread on the co-located Four Points: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html
Old Apr 2, 2010, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Mea culpa. Those are both brands we have none of in the rest of the world, so I always get the two confused.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 2:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Mea culpa. Those are both brands we have none of in the rest of the world, so I always get the two confused.
None? Really? No Staybridge Suites in Markham or Mississauga or Oakville-Burlington, Ontario for example?

Meal culpa is right.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Staybridge is a small brand, but it's gradually popping up outside of the US and Canada (Brazil, Egypt, UK, Mexico, and UAE all have SB). It's a very nice brand, and the properties are designed to be upscale extended stay locations--definitely a cut above Candlewood.
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/sb/...locations.html

Candlewood, on the other hand, is almost exclusively in the US, with just one property outside of the US (in Montreal).
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cw/...locations.html
Old Apr 5, 2010, 7:35 am

Programs: Priority Club
New York Staybridge Suites / CP / Hotel Indigo

Hi all,

Me and the Mrs are booked in at the CP Times Square in December for 5 nights on points. It'll be our first time in NY.

Cost was 125k for a "city view" room. However, I do keep having the odd look at the Staybridge and the Hotel Indigo.

Hotel Indigo is the same cost as the CP while the Staybridge would be a straight 100k for a Manhattan view studio and you get free breakfast and wi-fi.

Hotel Indigo irritated me when they didn't reply to an e-mail question I had about platinum benefits or the option of paying extra for some benefits so I booked CP on the principle.

Looked on trip advisor re. Staybridge (not that I take trip advisor reviews too seriously!) but there's nothing on there due to it's newcomer status I assume.

Therefore I've read plenty about the CP (good and bad) but no so much about the Hotel Indigo and absolutely nothing about Staybridge.

Has anybody got any recommendations and/or experiences of HI or Staybridge?

It's the Staybridge that has thrown the cat in amongst the pigeons really as I stayed in one recently (we only have a couple in the UK) and I was actually really impressed with the decor and room size etc.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's already a thread on this subject started over the weekend. Could you not have just added yours to it? You're really adding to the work of our volunteer Mods who will eventually merge this with that one.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...es-square.html
Old Apr 5, 2010, 8:44 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

There's already a thread on this subject started over the weekend. Could you not have just added yours to it? You're really adding to the work of our volunteer Mods who will eventually merge this with that one.
Done, the new thread is now merged with the already existing one. Might be worth to make it a master thread about this property.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

tripadvisor reviews are in - it looks like we've got a winner in this hotel - some of the reviews actually read a little creepy - anyway, I'll for sure give it a try some time soon, then wait again kicks in for the new IC.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 10:22 pm

We are trying it out...

canceled our reservation at the Hotel Indigo and will be trying out the Staybridge Apr 15-18. I'll be sure to fill you all in upon our return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.