Intercontinental Adelaide [Master Thread]

Old Sep 16, 2009, 3:20 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Austman
Now it's in the newspapers: http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/s...003680,00.html

But still not showing on http://www.ichotelsgroup.com

And only a week away...
It is showing up at the corporate website:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...n/gb/locations

Adelaide Opening 2009

I am sure they will have it in the booking system soon, perhaps form the effective handver date of Sep 23.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 4:47 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
The hotel has now appeared in full and is now bookable.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...overview/adlha

AUD216 (advance purch)/AUD240 (best flex) on 24 September via the IHG site; AUD240 on the Hyatt site for the same night.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 7:37 pm

Not sure I like the room categories, it will be interesting to see how RAs are upgraded.

$205.20 AUD
Average Nightly Rate 1 KING BED SUPERIOR
$226.58 AUD
Average Nightly Rate 1 KING BED DELUXE
$273.60 AUD
Average Nightly Rate 1 KING BED CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL
$286.43 AUD
Average Nightly Rate 1 KING BED PREMIER CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL
$205.20 AUD
Average Nightly Rate 2 SINGLE BEDS SUPERIOR
$205.20 AUD
Average Nightly Rate STANDARD ROOM
$226.58 AUD
Average Nightly Rate 2 SINGLE BEDS DELUXE
$273.60 AUD
Average Nightly Rate 2 SINGLE BEDS CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL
$444.60 AUD
Average Nightly Rate 1 KING BEDROOM CLUB SUITE
It looks as though they'll largely be handing out club access, but imho I prefer suites, so you'd probably have to book the 1 KING BED PREMIER CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL to be given the 1 KING BEDROOM CLUB SUITE.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up

for anyone wanting to book the weekend package 398 for 2 nts inc $99 worth of f & b its still there inc xmas right thru to end jan. great rate.

also who will be in there first after the changeover.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 5:51 am

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
for anyone wanting to book the weekend package 398 for 2 nts inc $99 worth of f & b its still there inc xmas right thru to end jan. great rate.

also who will be in there first after the changeover.
Do you have a link for this package? I cant seem to find it anywhere

Thanks
Old Jan 4, 2010, 3:41 am

Programs: Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
Hey guys,

I was considering a leisure trip to Adelaide in mid Jan and called the hotel re upgrade policy for RA's.

I spoke to a lady at the front desk who told me that upgrades where only available to the lowest suite level (club intercontinental suite), and that to receive a category higher than this would require booking the specific suite required. So basically one level upgrade up to suite level, then no upgrade at all.

I of course questioned this and was assured this was the official hotel policy. So i followed up this phone call with a quick email to ambassador services outlining the situation.

This is the response i received:

Dear Mr cbrendan

Thank you for your email. Please accept my apologies for the confusion you have experienced when enquiring about the upgrade policy for Royal Ambassador Members at Intercontinental Adelaide. I am pleased to clarify that the following suite upgrades apply to Royal Ambassador Members:

Room Type Booked -> Royal Ambassador Upgrade
King Club Intercontinental -> King Club Intercontinental Suite
King Club Intercontinental Suite -> King Executive Suite
King Executive Suite -> King Diplomatic Suite
King Diplomatic Suite -> Presidential Suite

Mr cbrendan, I would be more than happy to assist with your reservation, so please do not hesitate to email me directly with your requirements and I will confirm your reservation back to you.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you to Intercontinental Adelaide.

Kind Regards

<name removed>
Pm me for the staff members name if required, but hopefully this info alone can help future travellers. ^

Having only been RA for a few short months, my experience has been limited, but after receiving a 4 level + upgrade on two occasions at the Melbourne Intercontinental this upgrade policy does seem rather poor.

Old Jan 4, 2010, 4:25 am
In Memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
Thanks for investigating that ^
useful info for Ozfest
Old Jan 4, 2010, 4:55 am
Original Poster

you do not mention booking king city view-

that level gets u either king club or king suite not both.

the rates have certainly elevated since the badge change,

it certainly doesn not give you the RA recognition that say the Sydney IC does
Old Jan 4, 2010, 8:15 pm

Programs: ICHG Ambassador, Qantas FF Gold, Priority Club Gold
Originally Posted by cbrendan
Hey guys,

I was considering a leisure trip to Adelaide in mid Jan and called the hotel re upgrade policy for RA's.

I spoke to a lady at the front desk who told me that upgrades where only available to the lowest suite level (club intercontinental suite), and that to receive a category higher than this would require booking the specific suite required. So basically one level upgrade up to suite level, then no upgrade at all.

I of course questioned this and was assured this was the official hotel policy. So i followed up this phone call with a quick email to ambassador services outlining the situation.

This is the response i received:

Pm me for the staff members name if required, but hopefully this info alone can help future travellers. ^

Having only been RA for a few short months, my experience has been limited, but after receiving a 4 level + upgrade on two occasions at the Melbourne Intercontinental this upgrade policy does seem rather poor.

I am staying at the IC Adelaide late January, but am not an RA, just an Ambassador. I wonder whether we will receive an upgrade at all. Their policy does seem rather poor.

Your experience at the IC in Melbourne sounds great and I have been considering whether to stay here. I might look into this further.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Hatusu
I am staying at the IC Adelaide late January, but am not an RA, just an Ambassador. I wonder whether we will receive an upgrade at all. Their policy does seem rather poor.
Provided you have booked a standard room type and not a suite i think you'll be pretty right as the hotel seemed to have no problem offering me a one level upgrade for any category booked other than a suite.

If on the other hand you've booked a suite, they may try to talk you out of an upgrade, but maybe just print out the above, as despite them saying that the above list are RA upgrades, they are only 1 level anyway, so a normal Ambassador would receive the same.

Best of luck ^

Let us know how your stay goes.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 8:53 pm

Provided you have booked a standard room type and not a suite i think you'll be pretty right as the hotel seemed to have no problem offering me a one level upgrade for any category booked other than a suite.

If on the other hand you've booked a suite, they may try to talk you out of an upgrade, but maybe just print out the above, as despite them saying that the above list are RA upgrades, they are only 1 level anyway, so a normal Ambassador would receive the same.

Best of luck ^

Let us know how your stay goes.
Sorry, I forgot to mention I booked a King Club room. Hopefully we will receive an upgrade to a suite. I will let you know how we go
Old Jan 13, 2010, 8:52 pm

Just booked this IC on pointsbreak.

Has been confirmed by hotel that pb upgrade for RA's is either king club room with access or intercontinental suite without access.

I've opted for the suite without access, but might ask to switch the last night of my 4 night stay into a club room so i can review and enjoy the club.

Staying in 2 weeks time and i'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes.

^
Old Jan 24, 2010, 7:33 pm

Thought anyone wanting/thinking about staying at the IC Adelaide should be aware of the below.

I emailed the Intercontinental Adelaide and explained that we were staying there for a special anniversary, our second, and asked what they could do to make it special (such as restaurants available in the hotel and whether they catered to a vegetarian, whether bathmaster packages could be organised, champagne in the room), and all they did was try to get me to fork out more for a better room. We booked a King Club room at the full rate. They were not interested in any way, shape, or form in assisting me in making it special and providing me the information I asked for. I ended up calling to see if that would help, but the girl again tried to sell me a better room. I asked about our Ambassador upgrade and she said that all they would do is give us the same room with a riverview. Compared to our recent stay at the IC Fiji (where they bent over backwards) I have to say the service (in terms of reservations and customer service) is incredibly lacking.

Last edited by Hatusu; Jan 24, 2010 at 7:52 pm
Old Jan 24, 2010, 8:43 pm

I'm in the hotel now on pointsbreak. No minibar, no free movie but I did get an upgrade to a suite.

Overall a nice, but dated hotel with friendly staff, but the ra treatmnt on award is lacking.

On a side note it appears the Aussie cricket team are currently here and I saw Merv Hughes in the lobby ^
Old Jan 24, 2010, 9:20 pm

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
I'm in the hotel now on pointsbreak. No minibar, no free movie but I did get an upgrade to a suite.

Overall a nice, but dated hotel with friendly staff, but the ra treatmnt on award is lacking.

On a side note it appears the Aussie cricket team are currently here and I saw Merv Hughes in the lobby ^
Ahhh, good old Merv Hughes ..... Maybe you can have a few carton of beer session with him, maybe Boonie will join up as well?!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.