Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

CP London (City/Blackfriars) Master Thread (becomes Hyatt Regency on March 01, 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Crowne Plaza London City

19 New Bridge St,
London, EC4V 6DB, United Kingdom
Mail: loncy.info [@] ihg.com
Tel: +44 871 9429190
Fax: +44 207 4388080

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hote...cy/hoteldetail

Link to location:
Google Maps

Next tube / subway station:
Blackfriars Station served by Circle Line and District Line

Older post of this hotel:
Archive Thread
Print Wikipost

CP London (City/Blackfriars) Master Thread (becomes Hyatt Regency on March 01, 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I am here now on my first stay and it is an excellent property. Really superb Plat treatment. I have a nice club room with sofa and club access on a cheapest room paid stay.
Well that was impeccable timing

Looking at the same thing as you, cheapest room (£150) and as Plat hoping for a club room and access!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Mattyb44
Well that was impeccable timing

Looking at the same thing as you, cheapest room (£150) and as Plat hoping for a club room and access!
Well I am RA which does make a difference at some CPs but I booked a similar rate and had club room upgrade and lounge access.

£150 is a good deal I think.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:20 pm

Programs: *A Gold, IHG Rewards Diamond Amb, Radisson Gold
Was upgraded to club even on supercheap winter rates - £20.12 last year and £45 this year (Plat Amb)
Old Sep 6, 2014, 3:29 am

Programs: Priority CLub Platinum
Have always been upgraded to club room and club access everytime we've been there, not matter on what rate or points I've paid, including as above the £20.12 rates
Old Sep 7, 2014, 3:18 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
thinking mods may want to consider to move this thread to the main forum as the general terms and condition for the stay report are as below

What belongs in this subforum
The focus of this forum is on stay reports, not on discussions about the hotels. For example, question about how to reach a hotel. their room categories, general question should remain in the main respective threads in the general forum, while management issues, treatment of elites during your stay or short specific stay problems should be posted in this subforum.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by BBxCoreb
thinking mods may want to consider to move this thread to the main forum as the general terms and condition for the stay report are as below

What belongs in this subforum
The focus of this forum is on stay reports, not on discussions about the hotels. For example, question about how to reach a hotel. their room categories, general question should remain in the main respective threads in the general forum, while management issues, treatment of elites during your stay or short specific stay problems should be posted in this subforum.
Well lets leave it here for now, and as soon as I complete my stay in 3 weeks I will edit my OP to reflect my specific stay and treatment received...
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:10 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by Mattyb44
Well lets leave it here for now, and as soon as I complete my stay in 3 weeks I will edit my OP to reflect my specific stay and treatment received...
I am okay with this, however, we might split the thread to let the review in this subforum and move discussion to the main forum

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Oct 13, 2014, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
I am okay with this, however, we might split the thread to let the review in this subforum and move discussion to the main forum

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Thanks. OP now amended.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Any new reviews of this place? Debating between CP The City and HI Mayfair during Wimbledon this year. Will be using point on 2 rooms. I'm hoping to see if chances of free lounge access for Plats are good at CP City.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by BlindPilot
Any new reviews of this place? Debating between CP The City and HI Mayfair during Wimbledon this year. Will be using point on 2 rooms. I'm hoping to see if chances of free lounge access for Plats are good at CP City.
I have always been upgraded with lounge access here. My last stay was mid January.

If you have lounge access you can opt for buffet breakfast in the Chinese Cricket Club. This is free for the extensive continental option and a £6 supplement for cooked buffet.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
No brainer, the CP London The City is vastly superior to the tired old HI Mayfair
Old Mar 15, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb., A3 *G, QF Plat
I just spent the past 2 nights at CP The City, absolutely recommend it. Booked the lowest/cheapest room, upgraded to Club lounge access room on 6th floor - I'm a Plat. Ambassador. Rooms are perfect, spacious, club lounge pretty good, but a family of 7 have been absolutely demolishing the lounge bar each night so spirits/wine and polish budweiser have been low in stock haha. Other than that breakfast in lounge was pretty good for being free, was offered option to upgrade to downstairs restaurant for cooked breaky at £5 per person. Also perfect location!
Old Sep 29, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
I will be staying here next month, and my flight in arrives at LHR around 6am. I did not confirm a room for the previous night, so have requested an early check in time for 10am. Just wondering what success anyone has had in getting an early check in at this property. Is it something they do on a regular basis, or out of the question? Thanks.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:37 pm

We were there this summer and were able to

check in early. Arrived probably around 10:00 and figured the room was not ready, but it was.

Our train out of London was early and they packed us a free "breakfast to go". It wasn't very fancy, fruit and a pastry or two, but it was better than nothing while we waited for the train to arrive.

Very nice service. Can't guarantee you the room will be ready, but I imagine you have a good shot at it.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
I will be staying here next month, and my flight in arrives at LHR around 6am. I did not confirm a room for the previous night, so have requested an early check in time for 10am. Just wondering what success anyone has had in getting an early check in at this property. Is it something they do on a regular basis, or out of the question? Thanks.
If hotel is soldout night before and you turn up 0730/0800 they will not have rooms ready for you. Concierge will store your luggage for you though.

If you have top Status (Platinum/Spire ) or you are booked into a room with lounge access, they will let you wait in lounge and prioritise cleaning of your room type when someone checks out.

However elevator is roo key operated so staff will take you to lounge (or swie lift for you) as you can't have room key until you first checkin.

For what it is worth I have on weekdays (hotel mostly sold out then)
a)left cases with concierge 0930 and waited in lounge until 1200 for a clubroom
b)arrived 0930 and told first room will be ready at 1000 for me as some guests already checked out early, and it just needs cleaning

also on Sat morning arriving 0930 and hotel not full Friday night i got room immediately (more than once , but not every time)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.