Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

CP London (City/Blackfriars) Master Thread (becomes Hyatt Regency on March 01, 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Crowne Plaza London City

19 New Bridge St,
London, EC4V 6DB, United Kingdom
Mail: loncy.info [@] ihg.com
Tel: +44 871 9429190
Fax: +44 207 4388080

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hote...cy/hoteldetail

Link to location:
Google Maps

Next tube / subway station:
Blackfriars Station served by Circle Line and District Line

Older post of this hotel:
Archive Thread
Print Wikipost

CP London (City/Blackfriars) Master Thread (becomes Hyatt Regency on March 01, 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
I'm surprised by this conclusion - a few years back they refurb'd all the rooms to the same fit out on the inside, so the only difference between floors 6&7 vs the rest is the fact the doors are way nicer at the top and they have fancier chairs at the desk. They used to be quite different (shower curtains instead of screens, more utilitarian decor etc.)

They've also removed the slippers and (on my last stay anyway) downgraded the chocolates.
We had booked 2 rooms on this visit. We got 1 on 3rd floor and one on 6th. The room on 6th floor was larger by about 20%. So that's what I meant.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 2:35 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by BigFishDave
I am spending a week here in late August (on points). Anybody stay here recently using points and successfully getting club access? I know it might be a stretch but hopeful.
I stayed last Thursday to Sunday (3 nights)

Thursday night was booked on Points and I got the excellent St Paul's Suite on the 7th floor, with free access to the Club Lounge.

I have to say I was surprised to get the Suite (listed as King Bed Suite City Views) on Points but hey ho.

Other 2 nights I got on the 2-4-1 deal and paid Ł165 for 2 nights but could only select a Standard Room.

When I checked in the Senior Guest Relations Manager personally greeted me and said that she had arranged an upgrade to a Queen Bed Executive Club Room so I was well happy - she explained that both of the Suites were booked for these nights.

A great Hotel, in a very convenient location but if I was paying cash I would probably set the bar at Ł130 standard and maybe Ł150-170 if I was getting a Club or Suite.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL PLT, 1MM,PC Plat,HH Diamond,SkyClub, member All programs
Originally Posted by BigFishDave
I am spending a week here in late August (on points). Anybody stay here recently using points and successfully getting club access? I know it might be a stretch but hopeful.
Did end up getting upgraded to 7th floor suite with club access. Enjoyed the beverages and breakfasts!! Could see St. Pauls. Excellent location and great use of points for me (35K per).
Thanks for the reply's.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:53 am

Good to hear about club access when staying on points, note it is now 45,000 points per night.

Selected this hotel for the great rail access (direct trains to Luton and Gatwick airports, and I am using both!) and the availability of 2 beds in a room.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Bloobell
A great Hotel, in a very convenient location but if I was paying cash I would probably set the bar at Ł130 standard and maybe Ł150-170 if I was getting a Club or Suite.
Well done on the suite - only time I got in there was on points and think I've stayed >50 nights over the last few years.

However I think your value points are some way out on London hotels - the market has gone crazy of late and you're lucky to get a centrally located Travelodge for Ł100 these days. It's getting to the point now where I'll pre-book a cab to take me the 80 miles home at night if I can't get a cracking deal. Sad times...
Old Jan 12, 2014, 12:00 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I have just finished a great one night stay at this property. I was upgraded from a standard room to a Club Room with Lounge access as a Platinum Ambassador.

The room was nice a modern,and large as I had been given a corner room. The Club Lounge did the longest evening reception that I have ever seen - 4 hours although the spirits and food were taken away after 2 hours!

All in all a great hotel and is now in competition with CP London Kensington for my favourite London IHG property!

Regards

aks120
Old Jan 12, 2014, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I am there this week on a Ł45 rate .... lets see what I get!
Old Jan 12, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Originally Posted by Raffles
I am there this week on a Ł45 rate .... lets see what I get!
I stayed on the Ł45 rate before Christmas and was upgraded, but no club. Hope you get better luck!
Old Jan 13, 2014, 6:41 am

I have Gold Status and stayed on a rewards night on New Years Eve. I cheekily emailed in advance and asked if an upgrade was available and I was given a floor 6 inner exec room, but no lounge access. Quite happy.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 7:03 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by trainspotter
I have Gold Status and stayed on a rewards night on New Years Eve. I cheekily emailed in advance and asked if an upgrade was available and I was given a floor 6 inner exec room, but no lounge access. Quite happy.
I was offered the same for the same night and on reward night.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I was given lounge access and a club floor room (albeit a room facing the internal light well) for my Ł45 a night! Shame that I wasn't around to drink my Ł45 of drink in the evening.

Annoyingly the lounge doesn't do lunch (they suggest ordering room service to eat in the lounge!) and the breakfast spread is modest to put it mildly.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:52 am
MKB

Stayed here mid-December on an Advance Saver rate as a Platinum Ambassador. Was told at reception how I'd been given an upgrade to an Exec room, and we discussed what times breakfast would be served in the Club Lounge. Subsequently found that key did now work the lounge door and was told (front desk staff having now changed) that access was only for those paying Exec room rates. Asking to speak to a manager resulted in a phone call to the back office and a decision to grant lounge access after all.

Room (705) was very nice facing south with partial river view and windows stretching along the longer length of the room. The only criticism was the odd placement of the tv which was at an awkward angle to watch from the bed.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 9:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I have just finished a second stay at this property and was not so impressed! They are obviously having works done which makes check in a bit of a zoo. I got offered a drink and some nibbles for being a Platinum member but I also got upgraded to a larger corner room which was nice.

That said, I was on the 3rd floor and when I got out of the lift the corridor stank of smoke - it must have smoking rooms on it - the room I was allocated was not one but it did not give a great impression.

I had my free drink in the bar - it was a pretty awful glass of white wine, and I had to ask for my nibbles as the waiter seemed oblivious to the offer.

This hotel was fabulous last time, but the shine was a little faded this time - I think I will try somewhere different next time.

aks120
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
CP London - The City

CP London The City

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Standard room. Upgraded 2 days before check in to club room.

How are the rooms?
Small bathroom, and we also had an internal room, so no views or natural light. Good shower, bed and desk area. Wife commented on how quiet this floor was and how she heard nothing external for the duration of our stay.

How is the exec. lounge?

Seating for around 30 max. Attended during canape and liquor period. Food offering pretty weak and poor quality. Liquors a good choice of premium brands.

What was good

Quiet floor. Friendly staff. Location to the tube station.

What was bad?

Internal room. Club room food offerings.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Cash booking for Ł150. Value wise, 7/10.

Last edited by Mattyb44; Oct 13, 2014 at 2:34 am
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Mattyb44
Cannot find a thread for this hotel? Any recent reviews or feedback?
I am here now on my first stay and it is an excellent property. Really superb Plat treatment. I have a nice club room with sofa and club access on a cheapest room paid stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.